Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Oct 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3145070)   #76
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The VERY best wishes from Spain, Allon!!!!!!
Old 6 Oct 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3147142)   #77
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Allon and a very belated Happy Birthday from France. It's p*ssing down in Normandy, so you're better off tucked up in bed.
On the other hand keep your sights firmly on Le Mans 2013. All of us here will be happy to do anything we can to make that possible for you, I know.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3147174)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Thank you. Nice Bentley. But not exactly the kind I was hoping to buy some day and take to Le Mans. But will drink slightly less than my preferred kind, presumably.

Don't you believe it........
Old 8 Oct 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3148212)   #79
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!

Bloody hell! I am being discharged today. All came as a bit of a shock, consultant saw me in the morning, said I could go tomorrow, which in itself was a very nice surprise. But then an emergency came and they needed my bed, so I was unceremoniously chucked in to a meeting room (where I am now) and am just waiting for my enormous bag of medicines to take home.

I think I have been lucky so far and done better than average, but I am only about 30% of the way through the whole transplant process and still lots of potential for re-admission and serious complications. I'll also be visiting hospital 2 or 3 times a week, so they can keep a very close eye on me. To misquote Churchill, "This not the end or even the beginning of the end, but it is perhaps the end of the beginning."

So the bubbly remains on ice for quite a while longer. However, right now just very happy to heading home! Thanks for all the support so far and as long as you don't mind me using the forum this way, I'll keep you up to speed with how things are progressing, (or not) over the next few months.

Best wishes
Allon
Old 8 Oct 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3148234)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great news Allon!
Old 8 Oct 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3148272)   #81
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed, very good news, Allon! - I hope this is the first of many good surprises.
I actually heard the RLM bit from Ayse today, and send you a thought .
Old 8 Oct 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3148301)   #82
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Splended news, progress is always good and even if it is the end of the beginning that is another step on the road to recovery, as ayse says about the weather it will be bright and sunny, and you will be there to enjoy that good weather in 2013
Old 8 Oct 2012, 17:26 (Ref:3148357)   #83
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Graet news Allon! Really pleased for you!

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 10 Oct 2012, 14:22 (Ref:3149443)   #84
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very good news .
Old 12 Oct 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3150357)   #85
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Great news Allon, your always in our thoughts.
Old 12 Oct 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3150393)   #86
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Delighted for you Allon ...... now , you gotta organise (in your household) the Fuji 6 hours on the box , early I know , but Im sure youd love it .
Old 7 Nov 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3163776)   #87
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!

Hi there, been a while so I thought I would check in and let you know I am still doing ok!

So far so good, I have to visit hospital twice a week for check ups, but have haven't yet need to be readmitted for treatment, (although came close once). Drs seem happy with my progress so far, even had some 'Graft vs Host' disease which can be serious but at a low level is good as is shows the donor stem cells are fighting my body cells and therefore hopefully any leukaemia cells hanging around. Anyway at least the steroids they gave me for that have given me a proper appetite, so eating is fun rather than a chore at the moment.

Still very bald, and energy levels vary day to day; some days I can walk for an hour or more, other days I'm asleep in the afternoon. Still not allowed in any crowded places, so feel like I'm under house arrest, but a small price to pay I guess. And after spending my b'day and my 2 year old's b'day in isolation, I got to enjoy my 10 year old's b'day at the weekend which meant a lot.

Still a long way to go, I think if I stay well for another 6 weeks, some of the restrictions can start to be lifted, although it will still be another 3 months or so before I will probably be getting close to normal - no rude comments please! So a dual challenge of staying well and staying sane!

All the best
Allon
Old 7 Nov 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3163797)   #88
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Glad things are looking up, Le mans forum is a little quite at this time of year but now the tickets for 2012 are on sale interest may start to pick up, keep you chin up and watch some old movies perhaps starting yul brinner or tele savalis bald can be cool you know
Old 7 Nov 2012, 18:39 (Ref:3163818)   #89
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to hear Allon!
Still wishing you a full recovery before Le Mans
Old 8 Nov 2012, 18:14 (Ref:3164165)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Very good news Allon. Let's hope those next 6 weeks see you progressing well and you can start living a slightly more normal life! Best wishes from me and (I know) everyone here.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3164245)   #91
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very happy to read these very good news.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3164564)   #92
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant mate, well in! Do you reckon you'll make the trip to Le Mans?
Old 27 Nov 2012, 00:10 (Ref:3171953)   #93
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Indeed news with a positive note. Keep on focusing on the familly and your life getting back to normal.
As for Le Mans, ofcourse it'd be good to see you make it, but if not this year, well, the race's been run since 1923 so it'll be there in 2014 and 2015 as well...
Old 27 Nov 2012, 00:14 (Ref:3171957)   #94
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Indeed news with a positive note. Keep on focusing on the familly and your life getting back to normal.
As for Le Mans, ofcourse it'd be good to see you make it, but if not this year, well, the race's been run since 1923 so it'll be there in 2014 and 2015 as well...
Yep, and 2014 will be a great one with the Acura NSX GT car, the BMW Z4s, the McLaren GTs, and possibly the Jags. Oh, and, of course, the Porsche LMP1s. And 2015 will be great because of the combination of worldwide GT classes and no more GTE-Am. Great stuff on the horizon for Le Mans and racing in general.

Hope you continue to improve, Allon!

Sincerely,
Beck
Old 21 Dec 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3180805)   #95
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Hi there, I hope you are all well and reasonably prepared for the holiday season. Thanks for the kind words after my last post, all ok with me but I have been incredibly tired. This has been due to a (completely normal and expected) delayed reaction to the total body irradiation I had as part of my preparation for the stem cell transplant. It has been really frustrating as up to then the steroids I’ve been on had given me a burst of energy and then suddenly all I’ve wanted to do is sleep for the last few weeks.

I am currently having daily radiotherapy on my hip, last session is Christmas Eve, then a battery of tests in the New Year to check to see if all is clear. However the good news for now is that I can start to re-enter the world a little, nowhere too crowded, but I can come out of house arrest! Also perfect timing for Christmas, I can start eating what I want again, so smelly cheeses and prawns here I come! Starting to see the number and variety of daily pills I take reduce as well, so I should rattle a little less if I fall.

Still unsure about Le Mans 2013, as I've said before, will be a decision taken much nearer the time.

I won’t pretend it's been an easy or pleasant year, but here's hoping 2013 is a happy, healthy year for everyone.

Best wishes and thanks for your support.
Allon
Old 21 Dec 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3180859)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, that certainly sounds like encouraging news Allon

I know I speak for everyone here who knows you (and probably for all those who don't) in wishing you a very Happy Smelly Cheesey Christmas and a return to renewed vigour in the New Year

Oh, and look out for something in your postbox some time in the New Year (in other words, as and when I can get round to it! )
Old 21 Dec 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3180880)   #97
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Good to hear Allon!
I wish you a merry christmas, happy new year, and as always, a speeding recovery.
Hope to meet you in June 2013, if not, well then the grand smash in 2014!
Old 22 Dec 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3181154)   #98
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Merry Christmas to you and your family Allon.
Old 22 Dec 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3181165)   #99
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Merry Christmas to you and your family Allon.
Here, here!
Old 22 Dec 2012, 23:11 (Ref:3181229)   #100
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Seconding all of the good wishes.

Genuinely hoping your Christmas involves something as profound as a reblochon cheese wise and fingers crossed for 2013.