Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Dec 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3178901)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gold Cup

Roadsports, Historic FF, 70s Road Sports, Formula Junior Front Eng, FJ Rear Eng, Classic Racing Cars, 500cc F3, Guards Trophy (GT), Guards Trophy (Sports Racers), Historic Touring Cars, Derek Bell Trophy, Historic FF2000, Classic F3, FISCAR.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3289263)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tickets turned up this morning and the timetable appeared on the HSCC site
http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...ulton_Park.pdf

Now spectators are allowed in on the Saturday again, it makes the long trip north worthwhile for us.
Old 15 Aug 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3290134)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well, sadly I'm not going this year. Lovely circuit, great meeting, enthusiastic spectators, good paddock atmosphere. Only down side is lack of hook up, Mr Palmer! That 13 amp plug behind the drinks machine is hardly capable of powering one motorhome, let only the two or three usually attempting to utilise it!

Have fun and stay safe everyone. I'll be loading for Le Castellet on that bank holiday monday, so at least won't have to do the motorway slog back down south that evening!

Old 16 Aug 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3290739)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well, sadly I'm not going this year.
Missing you already.......

Enjoy La Belle France.....
Old 16 Aug 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3290809)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis..._Cup_13.08.pdf
Old 20 Aug 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3292088)   #6
kevski996
Rookie

kevski996 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the Celibration of 60 years of Oulton Park. This film 'The introduction to Oulton Park from 8th Aug 1953' is as classic. I'm just glad they didn't have TPOs in place to keep all those trees along the track....

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_Ghri1Wrhf0
Old 20 Aug 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3292159)   #7
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Race 12 is a bit of a mish mash
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 21 Aug 2013, 04:28 (Ref:3292251)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I thought the ByBox Championship was doing well, why the small grid?
Old 21 Aug 2013, 05:41 (Ref:3292266)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
See race 15....

Interesting putting the big banger ByBox K1 class with the tourers. Peter Auto did a similar thing at Spa by putting the over 2 litre Pre 66 cars- Mustangs etc- in with GpA and Gp2 grid, but allowed them to run on Avon ZZs. Worked OK, but if it is wet at Oulton you will have the Tourers on full 'modern' Dunlop wets and K1 cars on Ls. Not very equal!

See Ric Wood has his Capri entered. The car was going well at The Classic, and is a beautiful thing to behold- even standing still in the paddock!

Old 21 Aug 2013, 06:00 (Ref:3292268)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes, spotted that after I posted.
Old 21 Aug 2013, 06:11 (Ref:3292271)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes, spotted that after I posted.
I had to read it a couple of times before worked it out! HSCC entry lists are best read as hard copy....

Old 21 Aug 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3292447)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is it Fosters, Island or GP layout?
Old 21 Aug 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3292458)   #13
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is it Fosters, Island or GP layout?
International.
Old 21 Aug 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3292486)   #14
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What's small about a full grid plus reserves - and that's apart from the half dozen or so App K Mustangs/Falcons lumped in with the Super Tourers as there were too many entries?
Old 22 Aug 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3292672)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
As I said, I hadn't read the rest of the entry lists.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 13:51 (Ref:3292741)   #16
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Whats the testing on the Saturday morning? Worth turning up for?
Old 22 Aug 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3292769)   #17
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, depends on your tastes I suppose. These test sessions are divided into 2 x closed wheel and 2 x open.

However, Official Practise for most of the Sunday races takes place on Saturday afternoon and there should be the normal thrills & spills, as it is forecast showers ...

If any TenTenthers happen by the outside paddock, I'll be accompanying the '69 Chev Camaro, no. 55, so come by and say hello. It's my sixth race in the car, debut having been Oulton this time last year.
Nick
Old 23 Aug 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3292967)   #18
brands
Veteran

Car packed, about to head north.
Forecast looks okay after the rain tonight.

Have a good and safe meeting everyone.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3293491)   #19
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
Colin Parkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualy

Any qualy times available?
Old 24 Aug 2013, 17:57 (Ref:3293498)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
On MST as usual but need to look for PDF booklet at bottom of list..... All today's qualifying is there.

Old 24 Aug 2013, 17:59 (Ref:3293501)   #21
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
Cheers Mike, I looked on TSL!!

Colin
Old 24 Aug 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3293504)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Parkinson View Post
Cheers Mike, I looked on TSL!!

Colin
We've all done that- or visa versa- before now....
Old 24 Aug 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3293508)   #23
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
Actually I have had a look and can only fine Formula Junior rear engined.

Aah found it! At the bottem, PDF booklet
Old 25 Aug 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3293704)   #24
Jake Southcombe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Preston, Lancashire
Jake Southcombe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forgot to apply to marshal for the Monday, does anyone know who I can get in contact with to possibly get some tickets left at the gate or something?
Old 26 Aug 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3294152)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Had a couple of text updates from Team Delta. Colin's E Type went well in it's races yesterday- however apparently Mr Rowley somehow managed to miss the 'IN' board at least once for driver change. Should have gone to Specsavers.......

Today the F3 500cc Arnott managed the whole of qualifying, Iain in 14th place, and the Delta FF2000 is 7th on grid for that race.

Quick look at other races on MST, Brian Arculus on pole for FISCAR, and Robyn with the Anglebox a fantastic 10th and class leader for ByBox race!

Go tenthers! (Apologies for anyone have missed.)