Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 20 Jul 2007, 19:12 (Ref:1968572)   #1
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Formula Student - Opinion

My opinion of Formula Student:

1. "fed, watered", put up - no complaints except rethink for Silverstone during the day as opposed to what we were used to at Bruntingthorpe. This really is a below the belt comment but it has to be made.

2. fed, watered, put up - 3 1/2 days of constant activity but we got b&b plus an evening meal. Evenings were fantastic. Well done.

3. My back and other muscles: 5 days later and they are still recovering. Even though I knew what was needed to be done beforehand, it still came as a surprise - damn, I assume that means I'm getting old. Hey, you youngsters out there, why aren't you doing this event???? (ps we left immediately because I was no longer capable of walking - but we still did "our cones").

4. Enthusiasm: Slightly different situation at Silverstone being more spread around, but no difference in the teams' approach. Don't you just love it..... Well done India.....

5. Give me 12 months and the feet/back will have recovered and I will be back BUT I would like more opportunity to see the teams (class 1, 2 and 3) and I don't want to spend so long on duty on Sunday. The long hours might have worked at Bruntingthorpe but they don't at Silverstone. Organisers please take note.
Old 20 Jul 2007, 19:15 (Ref:1968574)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My opinion of the 2007 Formula Student:

Brilliant the best 4 days I'll spend @ Silverstone this season.
Still prefer the Shell Eco Marathon though.
Old 20 Jul 2007, 19:34 (Ref:1968583)   #3
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great 4 days at Silverstone. Roll on next year.

p.s. Shelagh are you indicating that I might be old?
Old 25 Jul 2007, 16:05 (Ref:1973194)   #4
redlady
Rookie

Wales
sunny wales
redlady should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi yes it was hard work but to be able to suport the up and comming is great the work the teams put in make the hours and aches worth wile!
the food thing in the day i am sure will be looked into we can hope.

but the team spriet of the marshals however old we might feel is high and i will be back a smile and a footspar next year! (chocolat muffins get you a go in it)

thanks 750 team

if we want more marshals we must tell them how good it is!

see you 2008 formula students fans