Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Jun 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2489414)   #26
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If she went to some cup races, it's gotta be both Bristols, eh? Kelvyn?

Bring it on I say.

With her fiery temper, she'd be banned and back to IRL toute-suite though!
Old 24 Jun 2009, 23:41 (Ref:2490139)   #27
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
According to Mulhern, it seems the team she is heading for is Roush, which is interesting considering Roush have to reduce from 5 cars to 4

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#danica
Roush?

It will be a Nationwide car. If Danica cabn easily attract $X of sponsorship for a well-funded Nationwide program, it's no risk to them?

Putting an unknown quantity OW driver in a top Cup car would very needlessly risky afterall.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 09:12 (Ref:2493783)   #28
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, after hearing how bad the racing is in recent years in Indycar, I think I now know why she wants to come here. I have heard reports of IRL fans leaving well before the conclusion at Richmond..ouch.

Of course, she still may stay put.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2521579)   #29
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Oh dear.....I guess it's true.

Danica - NASCAR rumors are true: The question Danica Patrick fans are asking most often is whether or not she'll try to move to NASCAR, following the lead of Dario Franchitti and Sam Hornish Jr. Franchitti struggled with the heavier stock cars last year and came back to IndyCar this season. "The NASCAR rumors are true," Patrick confirmed. "We're definitely exploring all the opportunities that are out there for me as a driver and as a business and a brand."(Vallejo Times-Herald)(8-19-2009)

From Jayski yet again.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2521609)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the IRL will be longer when the most popular driver (AGIAN) leaves the series for stockcars.

i give her a little more time the two French Canadians put together and she will go back to the IRL with her tail between her legs.

and what a tail and legs they are
Old 14 Aug 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2521620)   #31
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
the IRL will be longer when the most popular driver (AGIAN) leaves the series for stockcars.

i give her a little more time the two French Canadians put together and she will go back to the IRL with her tail between her legs.

and what a tail and legs they are

Amen brother.

Although to be fair,while Jaques made a grand total of 1 start in '08, Carpantier was getting some decent results.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2521621)   #32
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dam, if she makes the move we will have to find someone else to pick on in the IRL
Old 14 Aug 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2521623)   #33
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
^ Marco Andretti. End of story.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2522069)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Danica somehow engineers a move to the vacant EGR car, even just for a few races, I will top myself.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2522077)   #35
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
If Danica somehow engineers a move to the vacant EGR car, even just for a few races, I will top myself.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 15:14 (Ref:2524434)   #36
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Better yet, the #1 gets changed to an #8 How about that?
Old 20 Aug 2009, 01:00 (Ref:2524733)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

has she done a photo shoot yet?
Old 21 Aug 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2525675)   #38
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I'll admit it.....she tricked me easily. However. I'm glad we won't have to put up with her BS.

Andretti says he is close to re-signing Danica: Thursday, Michael Andretti confirmed a split with Andretti Green Racing co-owners Kim Green and Kevin Savoree. They will own and operate the organization's promotional company, currently known as Andretti Green Promotions. Andretti plans to maintain a four-car IndyCar Series team and said he expects to retain popular star Danica Patrick. "Getting close," he said of negotiations. "We've been back and forth a lot, but they want it and we want it. We're just going through the particulars right now. I'm happy with the way things are going." An announcement could come as early as next week. Her car's sponsor, Motorola, is based in Schaumburg, Ill., near Chicagoland Speedway, site of the Aug. 29 race. Patrick's three-year contract expires at the end of the season, which has four races left.(Indianapolis Star)(8-21-2009)-Jayski
Old 22 Aug 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2526227)   #39
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
shucks
Old 26 Aug 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2528439)   #40
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
She's confirmed that she's not coming. Although I am thrilled that I wont have to see her, It's disgusting that she would jerk us around. She did this in 2006, did it now, and she WILL do it again at the end of her next contract. Why the **** did she even bother?

She's staying with AGR by the way.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 17:32 (Ref:2528721)   #41
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
She didn't jerk me around... when was this?!?!

I prefer the IRL, so part of me wishes she made the switch. That being said, it would once again blow up the Danica machine. I don't know how many more GoDaddy.com commercials I can watch.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 20:28 (Ref:2528792)   #42
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
"Go daddy! Go! Go Daddy!"
Old 27 Aug 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2529259)   #43
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I don't know what's worse, the GoDaddy commercials, or the AT&T Rollover commercials with the phycho mom from hell.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 00:07 (Ref:2529627)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I don't know what's worse, the GoDaddy commercials, or the AT&T Rollover commercials with the phycho mom from hell.

psyhco mom, for sure. can't stand the ATT commercial either and rollover mom ain't nearly as hot nearly as hot as DP,
Old 28 Aug 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2529967)   #45
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Exactly!!! At least Go Daddy is only aired during races. While the ATT commercials are aired frequently on nearly every commercial.

I hope no one is like that in real life
Old 7 Sep 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2536079)   #46
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I promise, this is the last update.

Danica to NASCAR in 2010 but not leaving IRL: Danica Patrick will "all but certainly" be in NASCAR in 2010, but won't give up Indy car racing and will limit next year's activity to the Nationwide Series and Trucks, according to a source very close to the situation. Tony Stewart is the "star candidate" to be her partner and mentor in NASCAR, the source said, adding that Patrick's recent visits to Stewart-Haas Racing were much more than social -- that she and Stewart were discussing a deal, and are close to one. The plan is for Patrick to run a significant number of Nationwide races, with additional seat time in Trucks and ARCA cars. Stewart took a similar transitional path to NASCAR in 1998, running a full Indy car schedule and also 22 Nationwide (then Busch) races. Patrick's likeliest first stock car race would be the ARCA event at Daytona during SpeedWeeks next February. Because Stewart's team has neither Nationwide cars nor trucks in its stable, a third partner will be brought into the mix, the source said -- possibly Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s JR Motorsports, or, more likely, Kevin Harvick Inc., which fields both Trucks and Nationwide cars. Patrick is close to signing a contract renewal with Andretti Green Racing for Indy cars, the source said, but it's not a done deal yet. Sponsorship is not considered an issue for America's top female driver, and the first car manufacturer to sign Patrick to a NASCAR deal would get a big boost in brand exposure.(ESPN)(9-6-2009)

Guess it's happening in some form.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 18:52 (Ref:2536115)   #47
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
good for her. she ought to be starting in the trucks.
more seat time for her all year...
lucky seats.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 23:16 (Ref:2536293)   #48
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Good thing that someone talked her down into a realistic scenerio, because a partial season phase in that spans throughout parts of 2010, not just like the final few months of said year, actually gives her a chance.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 23:51 (Ref:2536303)   #49
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well... it should boost crowds for a year or two. She's just started tapping the final few nails in the coffin that is her career though. Hope she makes pleny of money.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2536655)   #50
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She's not going to shine overnight but I think She'll gradually get in there and mix it with them all. She's a sponsors goldmine and she'll get more than enough attention from sponsors, teams and fans...it will do nothing but good for the sport in the begining...time will tell if she becomes a laughing stock or the next big name in NASCAR, I hope it all works out for her having been around to chat with her when she was in Formula Ford here way back!! ... here's one of my pics of the lass!
Attached Thumbnails
Danica Patrick (3a).jpg