Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jun 2018, 15:44 (Ref:3827683)   #1351
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I'm pretty sure that I went to school with Seedy Wright. Scruffy fellah, from memory!
Ah! But does he send you emails?
Old 8 Jun 2018, 15:50 (Ref:3827684)   #1352
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Are you talking about a male or female, Sidi Boobool? By the way, we dont see many carrots or half potatoes those days… Are you running out?
Old 8 Jun 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3827704)   #1353
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Humour from Mike Harte' mates;

Alabama Pastor Rumoured To Be A Ku Klux Klan Member

An Alabama pastor said to his congregation: "Someone in this congregation has spread a rumour that I belong to the Ku Klux Klan. This is a horrible lie and one which a Christian community cannot tolerate. I am embarrassed and do not intend to accept this. Now, I want the party who said this to stand and ask forgiveness from God and this Christian family."

No one moved.

The preacher continued: "Do you have the nerve to face me and admit this is a falsehood? Remember that you will be forgiven and in your heart you will feel glory. Now stand and confess your transgression."

Again, all was quiet.

Then, slowly, a drop-dead gorgeous blonde, with a body that would stop a runaway train, rose from the third pew. Her head was bowed and her voice quivered as she spoke: "Reverend, there has been a terrible misunderstanding. I never said you were a member of the Ku Klux Klan. I simply told a couple of my friends that you were a wizard under the sheets."

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth, give me an Amen.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 06:06 (Ref:3827777)   #1354
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Humour from Mike Harte' mates;

Alabama Pastor Rumoured To Be A Ku Klux Klan Member

An Alabama pastor said to his congregation: "Someone in this congregation has spread a rumour that I belong to the Ku Klux Klan. This is a horrible lie and one which a Christian community cannot tolerate. I am embarrassed and do not intend to accept this. Now, I want the party who said this to stand and ask forgiveness from God and this Christian family."

No one moved.

The preacher continued: "Do you have the nerve to face me and admit this is a falsehood? Remember that you will be forgiven and in your heart you will feel glory. Now stand and confess your transgression."

Again, all was quiet.

Then, slowly, a drop-dead gorgeous blonde, with a body that would stop a runaway train, rose from the third pew. Her head was bowed and her voice quivered as she spoke: "Reverend, there has been a terrible misunderstanding. I never said you were a member of the Ku Klux Klan. I simply told a couple of my friends that you were a wizard under the sheets."

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth, give me an Amen.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 06:40 (Ref:3827784)   #1355
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Are you talking about a male or female, Sidi Boobool? By the way, we dont see many carrots or half potatoes those days… Are you running out?
Morning Gerrard and everyone . We are having a great time here in Latvia . Mrs Delta has flown out to see me . Only problem there was I did not finish work until 10 last night . Was then up T 6 am to get to track as we had particle at 8.30. Hope to have easier day to day . I’ve sent Alan pictures but see if he has time to post. . From what I gather with shirt messages from him the last thing he needs is to look at computer screen. 😀
Old 9 Jun 2018, 07:44 (Ref:3827790)   #1356
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like a normal weekend for you. Enjoy it.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 09:52 (Ref:3828040)   #1357
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Particles at 8.30? Quarksons for breakfast then?
Old 10 Jun 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3828050)   #1358
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No kwoissants for delta, Simon, he only goes for carrots now! Well together with pizzas sometimes… What a globetrotter, I admire him.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3828051)   #1359
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I have been steeling quasssons from the hotel . Yes shock horror Delta staying in hotel . Mrs Delta refuses to sleep in the truck . Pizza tonight . Just had a great race . It’s also 30 degrees . Awsum
Old 10 Jun 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3828100)   #1360
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I have been steeling quasssons from the hotel . Yes shock horror Delta staying in hotel . Mrs Delta refuses to sleep in the truck . Pizza tonight . Just had a great race . It’s also 30 degrees . Awsum
You and Graham Adelman seemed to have had a good fight in both races.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 18:07 (Ref:3828470)   #1361
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I have been steeling quasssons from the hotel
Iain, Sue and I are hoping to come up to your "event" this year as we will be in the UK, as she is now retired from her job at a public school she said she will give you a few "spelling lessons" if you like, do you want her to wear her gymslip ? she also said she will bring a cane if you like
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Jun 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3828474)   #1362
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Iain, Sue and I are hoping to come up to your "event" this year as we will be in the UK, as she is now retired from her job at a public school she said she will give you a few "spelling lessons" if you like, do you want her to wear her gymslip ? she also said she will bring a cane if you like

Gordon,

You should do the Maharajah's Tour and make a proper day of it.

The Delta interview at the finish line should provide a wonderful opportunity to regale people with a couple of anecdotes and some photo opportunities.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 18:42 (Ref:3828476)   #1363
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Fantastic news Gordon . Come up again on Saturday . I am currently fast asleep in Delta truck listening to the rain . I’m still at the Riga race track .
Old 11 Jun 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3828486)   #1364
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Fantastic news Gordon . Come up again on Saturday . I am currently fast asleep in Delta truck listening to the rain . I’m still at the Riga race track .

I always knew that Iain was wizard at most things, but this time he has really excelled himself.

Typing and posting - with perfect spelling - whilst fast asleep.

What more can be said about this champion?
Old 11 Jun 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3828494)   #1365
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Blooming mozzies keeping me awake Mike. Buzz buzz buzz
Old 12 Jun 2018, 00:28 (Ref:3828546)   #1366
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I always knew that Iain was wizard at most things, but this time he has really excelled himself.

Typing and posting - with perfect spelling - whilst fast asleep.

What more can be said about this champion?
No Mike, it's the thought of my other half with a cane thatClick image for larger version

Name:	13435290_503302409858802_5274596425566197582_n.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	51421 has started to work already !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Jun 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3828599)   #1367
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
No Mike, it's the thought of my other half with a cane thatAttachment 51421 has started to work already !
Personal experience, Gordon?

Oh! Perhaps I should not ask.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 11:21 (Ref:3828625)   #1368
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just waiting at Ferry port now . Riga to Stockholm . I got free Sauna ticket . 🤨
Old 13 Jun 2018, 05:21 (Ref:3828784)   #1369
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
This ferry trip to Stockholm is the best trip I have been on .Nice calm Baltic Sea and the ferry is running close to Swedish coast line . Stunning views .
Old 13 Jun 2018, 05:22 (Ref:3828785)   #1370
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ah forgot to say . Eat as much food as you can . 😀😀😀
Old 13 Jun 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3828819)   #1371
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a subtle difference between "Eat as much as you can" and "Eat as much as you like".
Old 13 Jun 2018, 09:44 (Ref:3828848)   #1372
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
There's a subtle difference between "Eat as much as you can" and "Eat as much as you like".
Quite. I remember those Scandinavian ferry buffets. Usually inhabited by rather obese individuals of a certain nationality who only stopped going back for more when they could no longer get up and walk to the counter..... Yuk.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 10:08 (Ref:3828856)   #1373
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
That too is in the Russell Hayes book. It does look a little odd!

He describes it as a Crayford V6 Coupe & says the rear window was made with a Cortina windscreen. Apparently it was advertised as a Lotus-eater.
Hi John, my 'Cortina Story' book has arrived and looks interesting, thanks for the tip. Lots of pictures I've never seen before, an absolute bargain at £9.00.
I've seen the picture of the Crayford V6 Coupe amd as you say, it does look a little odd.
I think the one we had in Leicester in the 70's used a conventional Cortina rear window, but moved forward to make the c pillar a lot thinner. I'll have to do some more research!
Old 13 Jun 2018, 11:29 (Ref:3828875)   #1374
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Quite. I remember those Scandinavian ferry buffets. Usually inhabited by rather obese individuals of a certain nationality who only stopped going back for more when they could no longer get up and walk to the counter..... Yuk.
Mike we had an "eat as much as you like" Chinese buffet down here in Spain and the same obese people went in there every day, some of them took a "helper" with them to keep going up to get more as they couldn't walk for themselves ! it went bust surprise surprise !!

However there is another one in a town near to us that does the same for €10 with brilliant food and seems to survive, and has been there for about 20 years to my knowledge
Old 13 Jun 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3828877)   #1375
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Hi John, my 'Cortina Story' book has arrived and looks interesting, thanks for the tip. Lots of pictures I've never seen before, an absolute bargain at £9.00.
I've seen the picture of the Crayford V6 Coupe amd as you say, it does look a little odd.
I think the one we had in Leicester in the 70's used a conventional Cortina rear window, but moved forward to make the c pillar a lot thinner. I'll have to do some more research!

Glad to have been of service!
Closed Thread