Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jun 2003, 00:41 (Ref:625196)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Danica Patrick

Well, well, well. Little Danica will pedal the second Prodrive Ferrari in the ALMS this year, paired with Anthiny Davidson. Good for her, I say. I like it when youngsters take an interest in endurance racing.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 01:01 (Ref:625209)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YUP-even if Mr.Rahal pushes it, He is squeezing every Argent Mortgage company dollar from that sponsor. And Danica-well she is good but the amount of rides she is getting is way illprportioned to her success. Why not Sellers-he squished the scca national was it formula continental or FF2000- 8 wins out of 12?!
give him a chance.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 06:50 (Ref:625304)   #3
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She is only doing one round from what I read.Expect to see her in CART next year.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 10:19 (Ref:625503)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
A thought: will Danica's height be a problem? I know Anthony Davidson isn't exactly a giant, but Danica really is very ickle - 5'1''? - and it'll be a tough job getting both of them comfortable in the same car.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 11:42 (Ref:625609)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dancia is a very good driver yes. But I think she is a little over-rated, she has had a few good results in the Toyota Atlantic series this year but she isnt at the top of the championship, I think shes around 6th. I dont think shes another Milka Duno though, maybe another Claudia Hurtgen? Lets hope so.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 11:57 (Ref:625638)   #6
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I've never seen her race, but her results are reasonably impressive. Coming second in the FFord Festival is never easy (behind Davidson, so no disgrace there) and she does seem to have been quite quick both in FFord and Toyota Atlantic. Of course, sportscar racing is a whole different ball game, but good luck to her. (Still wondering if she'll be able to reach the pedals, though.)
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:10 (Ref:625862)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I read in the Indy Star over the weekend that she will test in the Ferrari in a few weeks....concerning CART, Bobby was planning to run her in the Infiniti Pro Series (the feeder system to the IRL) later this summer, but he Prodrive offer has put that one on hold...

Danica could run either CART or the IRL in the future, but she was in INdy the week of the Race and said that competing in the Indy 500 is one of her big goals of her career...

Bobby is keeping lots of doors open for her, and she must have some sort of talent, or Bobby wouldn't be wasting his time on her...he's a businessman...not a gimmick kind of guy...

Finally...I expressed the same concerns about Danica's physical size in the "Rahal at Road Atlanta" thread...she is tiny, and unless her co-driver moonlights as a horse jockey, she will need a booster seat or something when they make driver changes....

That could be problematic for whoever she teams up with....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:16 (Ref:625872)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
How tall is Anthony Davidson, anyway? I'm thinking 5'6'', maybe, but I don't know. I do know he's pretty small, but even so, that's some height difference for them both to drive the car.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:58 (Ref:625930)   #9
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it's only 4 or 5 inches difference, I'm sure the car can be adjusted to wedge her in. It'd be the same for Terry Borcheller and just about anybody else...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 10 Jun 2003, 00:35 (Ref:626629)   #10
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She will be driving the Ferrari in the ALMS for the rest of the year.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 01:44 (Ref:626646)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just wish some enlightened promoter would pick her up to run at the Bathust 1000 later in the season
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Jun 2003, 20:20 (Ref:627534)   #12
high contrast
Retired
Racer

high contrast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ant' Davidson is 5ft 5", he says he can't see over the engine cover, and at speed it bows up in the centre so he has to tip his head back to see the track! Hahaha He says he cant see the apexs either! It didn't seem to hold him up much at Sebring.

BSchneiderFan remember at the 2000 Formula Ford Festival, 3 race favourites between Davidson and Danica eliminated themselves trying to depose 'Little Ant' and on the last lap he was able to cool it allowing Danica (a Haywood teammate) to close up for a 'team finish' Non the less it was a great result for the 'Cover Girl' from Chicago. Boy she sure looked like a winner on that magazine! Did ya see it?

Last edited by high contrast; 10 Jun 2003 at 20:21.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 04:38 (Ref:627813)   #13
RobweenerPI
Rookie

RobweenerPI should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the hottie

I don't care if she can drive or not. I just wanna take her out on a date. Why not we're both about the same age. I'll be working in Atlanta in a few weeks. I'll let you guys know what she does.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 04:49 (Ref:627817)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like your sentiments RobweenerPI, Danica is a beautiful lady Alas I am too old for her, altho not as old as Bobby
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Jun 2003, 06:53 (Ref:627839)   #15
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica would be a lot better looking if she ever smiled.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 09:49 (Ref:628009)   #16
Hammerwerfer
Rookie

Ireland
Deutschland/Éire
Hammerwerfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica has at least some experience at the pointy end of competitive fields, unlike some overpromoted Irish girl.

She is a racer and I don't think her diminutive stature will be a hinderance to her career especially now as the cars, even the GTs, all seem to be tailored to allow tiny guys coming up from the karts to drive them. The controls on these modern racecars are also nowhere near as difficult to master as those in older cars.

She seems to be getting all the breaks at the moment, lets hope that she capitalises on them.

Good luck to her.