Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 9 Sep 2015, 01:29 (Ref:3572604)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
True, it was fun to see the star Mazda guys or f2000 run on occasion. My favorite was the TDI cup, they came out early but it didn't matter since they made no noise.
oh yeah, that was nice. Now, it's all Mazda (minus a Lambo session) before 930. Oh the pain!
Old 9 Sep 2015, 03:03 (Ref:3572622)   #27
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice avatartar. Is that the original logo? I think it is.
Old 9 Sep 2015, 11:07 (Ref:3572680)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Nice avatartar. Is that the original logo? I think it is.
Not sure of it's the orginal but it's a picture altered from a bumper sticker in my childhood room at my parent's house from a 1983 race.
Old 9 Sep 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3572700)   #29
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Not sure of it's the orginal but it's a picture altered from a bumper sticker in my childhood room at my parent's house from a 1983 race.
That is pretty sweet. Follow up question, did you attend the 1983 event?
Old 9 Sep 2015, 13:27 (Ref:3572704)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
That is pretty sweet. Follow up question, did you attend the 1983 event?
Pretty sure I would've as Pops took us everywhere. Something I need to start doing

I don't necessarily recall it. I was 5.

Champion Spark Plug Classic. Oct 17-20.

You can still get the event poster, if you'd like to:
http://www.mattsmusicpage.com/store/...388923720.html
Old 10 Sep 2015, 00:04 (Ref:3572814)   #31
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One of the owners of my company bought everyone cornhole sets:

He think we'll use them at tailgates, etc. and people will ask questions about the boards and therefore the company. Pretty interesting idea, I thought.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 00:37 (Ref:3572818)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
One of the owners of my company bought everyone cornhole sets:

He think we'll use them at tailgates, etc. and people will ask questions about the boards and therefore the company. Pretty interesting idea, I thought.
That's kickass. Are those LEDs?

Do you plan on ruining them PLM?

I think its a great dea for sure, but I ain't a fan of work these days and want no part of shop talk at the racetrack.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 00:46 (Ref:3572823)   #33
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I think its a great dea for sure, but I ain't a fan of work these days and want no part of shop talk at the racetrack.
Yeah, those are LEDs and it's got a bag. I was thinking about bringing them, but want no part at the same time.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 01:21 (Ref:3572834)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Yeah, those are LEDs and it's got a bag. I was thinking about bringing them, but want no part at the same time.
Let me know. My caucasians still work fine as long as Andrew brings the good bags.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 01:25 (Ref:3572835)   #35
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Quote:
Those are pimped out boards. I'm going to have to add LED's to mine.

Also now I know I should talk about work non stop at petit....
Old 10 Sep 2015, 01:31 (Ref:3572838)   #36
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Let me know. My caucasians still work fine as long as Andrew brings the good bags.
Had anybody heard from Andrew? Is he already waiting in line?
Old 10 Sep 2015, 01:39 (Ref:3572842)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Had anybody heard from Andrew? Is he already waiting in line?
Pretty sure he's already in line, on a Boy Scout trip, a Red Sox forum or at a Hokie pow wow. He'll bring the world and nice deserts again.

Damn, I miss that guy around here.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 02:37 (Ref:3572849)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry, not in line quite yet. Did drive past today on my daytrip to Clemson for 15 minutes of work and was depressed it's still 3 weeks ntil vacation. Work is exhausting and stressing enough without the doom, gloom and craziness on here too so i took a break for a while.

The bags will be coming and if I ever get the router and table saw setup I'll finslly have my boards ready but looks like a month of busy weekends so might shoot for The Mitty instead. And yeah, I'll probably be in line on Tuesday, next year definitely will be season pass, early entry on Tuesday and sleeping in tent instead of truck.

And yes, at least the chocolate cherry black forest cake from The Mitty again and probably a brownie something as well. The oven will be there with some biscuits and cinnamon rolls too. And of course all my usual kitchen toys.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 02:53 (Ref:3572850)   #39
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
There he is! Good to hear your still kicking around. We don't use this forum to talk about motorsport either... at least I don't.

I'll bring these boards. They are pretty cool and will look great painted velocity yellow with a Corvette Racing logo on them next year. joeb - https://www.victorytailgate.com/cornhole-lights.html

Cake!
Old 10 Sep 2015, 02:59 (Ref:3572851)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Sorry, not in line quite yet. Did drive past today on my daytrip to Clemson for 15 minutes of work and was depressed it's still 3 weeks ntil vacation. Work is exhausting and stressing enough without the doom, gloom and craziness on here too so i took a break for a while.

The bags will be coming and if I ever get the router and table saw setup I'll finslly have my boards ready but looks like a month of busy weekends so might shoot for The Mitty instead. And yeah, I'll probably be in line on Tuesday, next year definitely will be season pass, early entry on Tuesday and sleeping in tent instead of truck.

And yes, at least the chocolate cherry black forest cake from The Mitty again and probably a brownie something as well. The oven will be there with some biscuits and cinnamon rolls too. And of course all my usual kitchen toys.
He lives! I'm going to have to start checking my gear this weekend, and trying to figure out how much beer and bourbon to buy. Then after that maybe I'll think about food, but essentials first.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 03:52 (Ref:3572854)   #41
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

Sorry you had to go to Clemson. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Bring bags. We got boards covered.

You can let me know what bread products I can provide for the oven.

And no Patron, correct?

Quote:
There he is! Good to hear your still kicking around. We don't use this forum to talk about motorsport either... at least I don't.

I'll bring these boards. They are pretty cool and will look great painted velocity yellow with a Corvette Racing logo on them next year. joeb - https://www.victorytailgate.com/cornhole-lights.html

Cake!
Do those boards come with a throbbing bass beat? "Boots n pants n boots n pants"
Quote:
He lives! I'm going to have to start checking my gear this weekend, and trying to figure out how much beer and bourbon to buy. Then after that maybe I'll think about food, but essentials first.
Priorities, joeb, priorities.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 15:42 (Ref:3572943)   #42
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Sorry you had to go to Clemson.

Bring bags. We got boards covered.

Do those boards come with a throbbing bass beat? "Boots n pants n boots n pants"
1. I kind of like Clemson
2. These boards came with brand new bags
3. No boots & pants from the boards but we can crank dubstep from the camper.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 17:59 (Ref:3572970)   #43
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I'll bring the glow sticks
Old 10 Sep 2015, 20:11 (Ref:3572988)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
1. I kind of like Clemson
2. These boards came with brand new bags
1) Clemson is a neat lil' town, but it's painted in orange and paws. Not a good look.
2) I misunderstood your bag comment from before
3) Standards.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3573000)   #45
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
1) Clemson is a neat lil' town, but it's painted in orange and paws. Not a good look.
2) I misunderstood your bag comment from before
3) Standards.
It has a bag to carry everything in but the bean bags are in the pic. They're really nice too.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3573014)   #46
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
OH, okay. You're bringing the Total Package. One more thing "The Gang" has covered that I don't have to bring. I've become useless.

Wait, don't comment on that last line.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 23:35 (Ref:3573024)   #47
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
OH, okay. You're bringing the Total Package. One more thing "The Gang" has covered that I don't have to bring. I've become useless.

Wait, don't comment on that last line.
You've got intangibles.
Old 11 Sep 2015, 00:35 (Ref:3573036)   #48
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
You've got intangibles.
ROFL.

Aren't those cured with penicillin?
Old 11 Sep 2015, 13:00 (Ref:3573164)   #49
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Unfortunately, there's no real cure for what ails me 'cept cold beverages and "cars on course".
Old 11 Sep 2015, 13:04 (Ref:3573167)   #50
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Unfortunately, there's no real cure for what ails me 'cept cold beverages and "cars on course".
Yep. Speaking of which, if you need a "fix" the HSR Atlanta Vintage G.P. is next weekend. I plan on going over on Saturday as a primer for Petit.