Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Jan 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1197129)   #51
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Troy Dunstan owns Speedtech on the Gold Coast whose F Ford engines are right up there with Ritter's....
Old 11 Jan 2005, 00:37 (Ref:1197749)   #52
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timu
What ever happened to Dugal McDougall anyone?

The Pepsi car was always colourful on the track....
I think Dugal has been on the forums in the past.
Living in Northern NSW IIRC.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 01:15 (Ref:1197764)   #53
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Where is Steve Masteron, he had one awsome XE back in the mid 80's and even gave Dick Johnson a run.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 11 Jan 2005, 01:23 (Ref:1197767)   #54
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Masterton is still working in the family business where he was working in his racing days (Masterton Homes), as Group Quality Manager. They build around 1500 homes a year, so Group Quality Manager is probably a fulltime job.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 01:28 (Ref:1197769)   #55
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Dugal McDougall is a director of the family business, 'Australian Pure Fruits'. I think he got p**d off after losing the court case where the McDougalls fought to have the Supercar grid increased from 32 cars at some rounds, so they could get a run. They lost, with costs awarded against them.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 01:39 (Ref:1197772)   #56
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem
What about David Sala?
Runs a mechanic store called the Road Worthy Shop in Clayton Melborne just around the corner from Imrie

Has the ex Ultratune Commodore shell along with his old Sierra under recoinstruction
Old 11 Jan 2005, 01:40 (Ref:1197774)   #57
GROUPA
Racer

Skippy Parsons trucking business went under a few years back....believe he is just driving them now
Old 11 Jan 2005, 01:41 (Ref:1197776)   #58
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wouldn't that be "trucky" parsons?
Old 11 Jan 2005, 02:11 (Ref:1197785)   #59
Aarrgh8
Veteran

It would, still it's easy to get them confused. To help confuse us, they shared a car at Bathurst in '99. "Driven by David Parsons and, er, David Parsons". There again, one of them is a big guy who drives trucks in NSW, and the other one is a little guy who farms cows in Tasmania.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 04:50 (Ref:1197834)   #60
Lowndesfan6
Racer

Lowndesfan6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Jim Masterton's son, Steve...........I guess he's building houses.

Remember the 84 Bathurst where he put it in the wall at Forest Elbow.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 04:54 (Ref:1197835)   #61
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks GROUP A, David was billed as the next big thing, then just disappeared, glad to hear he's doing well.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 05:23 (Ref:1197846)   #62
GROUPA
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem
Thanks GROUP A, David was billed as the next big thing, then just disappeared, glad to hear he's doing well.
Yeah...he was quite young from memory racing the Sierra lile 17 or something.

He has the shell & parts of the I think ex Romano Ultratune car in his garage and brought a whole swag of DJR Sierra parts to bring the Sierra back to life as a historic racer

What about Chris Heyer who raced the Golf Gti
Old 11 Jan 2005, 07:33 (Ref:1197866)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few tidbits of who/what/where

- David "Skippy" Parsons lives on a farm in NW Tasmania

- Captain Peter Janson is still living the life of the society Gentleman in Melbourne - occasionally causing havoc with the Melbourne City Council by trying to get building permits to extend his apartment in ways the neighbours don't like.

- Garry Willmington is Circuit Manager at Wakefield Park - his daughter has nothing to do with the track, however, his wife does.

- Garry Holt has absolutely nothing to do with Wakefield Park and is now firmly entrenched at the Eastern Creek International Karting Centre, competing in GTP, and also in the East Coast Targa.

- George Fury, last I heard, was 'on the farm' - or at least in that general direction. He stopped racing shortly after a serious tractor accident on his Talmalmo farm - the tractor apparently rolled and injured George enough to stop his racing & rallying exploits. I wonder what George could do in a Supercar??

- Phil Brock is, indeed, in Darwin and regularly races an HQ in the NT series they run at Hidden Valley.. and is probably still listed as a professional stuntman

- Dugal McDougal (any truth to the rumour his middle name is actually Douglas???) is and has been for some time, involved in karting in the Melbourne outer eastern suburbs.

- Last I heard of John Blanchard was that he was in QLD, maintaining his beancountery somewhere more hospitable than Melbourne...

- Mr A.Moffat (and ex-wife Pauline) has been assisting both sons 'surreptitiously' - in QLD and VIC. Apparently he has wanted them to make something of their racing without having the kudos, and the pressure, of the name 'Allan Moffat' behind them.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Jan 2005, 08:10 (Ref:1197882)   #64
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about these WA drivers -

Ron Lindau - I recall him running Lindau Ford up in Karratha when he raced, I think he retired from racing after his horrific crash in the XD, is he still around?

Rod Donovan - Ran Donovan Ford in Southern Cross, his XC coupe was purchased by Mick Moylan who wrote it off.

Wayne Negus - Sometime HDT driver, think he owned a Shell servo in Bullcreak. Saw the shells of his L34 (the gold one) and A9X (MHDT colours) sitting around about 12 years ago, probably worth money nowadays.

Graeme Hooley - Probably still runs Hooley Auto Electrics in Greenwood.

Tim Slako - Still runs Slako Automotives in Osborne Park I believe.

Stuart Kostera - Think he runs a Dunlop outlet thats responsible for Dunlop racing tyres in Kalamunda. Have I see his son racing karts and/or FF?
Old 11 Jan 2005, 08:43 (Ref:1197897)   #65
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA
Skippy Parsons trucking business went under a few years back....believe he is just driving them now
Skippy or Trucky? Skippy the farmer!

After Trucky's business folded I believe he went into a caravan park along the Murray.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1197972)   #66
Beejay17
Racer

Beejay17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last I heard, Geoff Walters was still running his Rebel Wheels company in Unanderra, near Wollongong.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1198049)   #67
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What about Chris Heyer who raced the Golf Gti
As far as i know he still owns his Car Dealership (Volkswagon-Audi Group, Subaru as well?) in Kingswood.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1198190)   #68
F|sh
Racer

F|sh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thank wayne may of moved on to greener pastures??

staurt runs a tyre store still.

slako is now west racing and he still builds kilelr engines
Old 11 Jan 2005, 19:06 (Ref:1198334)   #69
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Steve Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Gary Scott? He drove for Nissan in the 80s, then teamed up with Brock from memory. I thought he was a very good driver. I recall an in-car cam once with him, and he was making racing car noises as he drove! Like a kid does when playing with a toy car in a sandpit. I think this was when he was with Brock. Does anyone remember this? Was he joking or was this something he always did?

How about Terry Allen? He raced a Camaro in the 60s and 70s.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1198411)   #70
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought Parsons sold the trucking business before it went bang.

It used to based in Castlemaine in central vic
Old 11 Jan 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1198432)   #71
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Kieron
What about these WA drivers -

Ron Lindau - I recall him running Lindau Ford up in Karratha when he raced, I think he retired from racing after his horrific crash in the XD, is he still around?

Rod Donovan - Ran Donovan Ford in Southern Cross, his XC coupe was purchased by Mick Moylan who wrote it off.

Wayne Negus - Sometime HDT driver, think he owned a Shell servo in Bullcreak. Saw the shells of his L34 (the gold one) and A9X (MHDT colours) sitting around about 12 years ago, probably worth money nowadays.

Graeme Hooley - Probably still runs Hooley Auto Electrics in Greenwood.

Tim Slako - Still runs Slako Automotives in Osborne Park I believe.

Stuart Kostera - Think he runs a Dunlop outlet thats responsible for Dunlop racing tyres in Kalamunda. Have I see his son racing karts and/or FF?
Some interesting names there kieron , I remember Fritz Kohout (Porsche) and Rod Donovan (Falcon XT GT) battling it out for honours at the wet 6 hour production car race at Caversham circuit in 1968 also racing were Dick Roberts in his wifes AP6 Valliant (Dick Roberts smash repairs Midland) and Stan Starcevic (Ford Cortina) Alf Barbegello (Mini ,from memory) Bill Dixon (Cortina) plus many others who used to also race at Claremont speedway and there names now escape me .
In the mid seventies (73 - 74 ) Wayne Negus was the service manager for the Holden dealer in Walters road Morley (can't remember their name) - Stuart Kostera used to have a BP servo in Kallamunda in the sixties.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1198529)   #72
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holmes
What about Gary Scott? He drove for Nissan in the 80s, then teamed up with Brock from memory. I thought he was a very good driver. I recall an in-car cam once with him, and he was making racing car noises as he drove! Like a kid does when playing with a toy car in a sandpit. I think this was when he was with Brock. Does anyone remember this? Was he joking or was this something he always did?
Hey, I remember that as well. IIRC it was in the #6 Holden Commodore.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1198549)   #73
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember he wrote off the #05 car at Lakeside. Don't think he drove for Brock again after that.
Bit of a fall from grace considering he had pole at Bathurst the year before and finished 3rd.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 11 Jan 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1198552)   #74
Noonz1
Rookie

Noonz1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Group A,
Which ex Ultra Tune car does Sala have - the VT Perkins built car that last appearaed in DOnaher and Crambrook's hands?
Old 11 Jan 2005, 22:52 (Ref:1198558)   #75
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X05
I'll go back to the 80's here for a moment I remember a young bloke by the name of Steve Harrington who at the time was around my age and in his 20's racing a Commodore ! I can remember thinking How good is that?
He was with Gricey on a couple of occasions at the 1000! and in the early 90's had some drives with Larry
OFF TOPIC FOR A MIN-- I am not saying he was young to race at Bathurst Who remembers Glenn Seton in a Nissan EXA Turbo in 1984 aged about 19 I think ?
ON TOPIC AGAIN --What about the Captain,Peter Janson, Warren Cullen, Brockys brother Phil "split pin" Brock Gee! I better stop I'm showing my age !

Was,nt Steve sponsored in british f3 (1985) in an Eddie Jordan car by dryzabone (macintoshes) and Herbie clips - I recall him and team-mate Harold Huysman (the f1 driver manager) hitting each other and the scenery regularly. Did his family own Dryzabone?

Anyone know what happened to Rusty French the 935 pilot?