Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1333182)   #51
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It is hard to believe that grown men can act like small children.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1333185)   #52
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stoddard's just called it a farce - so right.

If Ferarri was on Bridge's would this have happened?
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1333186)   #53
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everyone makes mistakes.

You overcome them not, as earlier stated, shoot yourself in the head and give up any chance of F1 being a success in the US.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1333192)   #54
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and I'm concerned for the poor marshalls retrieving beer cans from the track!
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1333193)   #55
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arrest these idiots in the crowd!

Whoever throws drinks cans on the track should be arrested.

Shameful thing to do.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1333196)   #56
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeh - what a waste of valuable beer!
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:30 (Ref:1333198)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since when have Michelin tried to shift blame? They are to blame! There's no two ways.

But the FIA and Ferrari could have gotten around this by staging a race and sorting it out later. Why not install the chicane and have a 20 car race? Then later on, penalise the Michelin runners by wiping out their points for the race?

People here just don't appreciate the disservice this does to the fans. It is F1 who will suffer from this more, not Michelin, so the FIA have missed the bigger picture here. they should be looking to protect themselves and forget the politics.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1333203)   #58
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Ferrari could have helped this situation Inigo. Unfortunately, as ever, they fail to see the bigger picture. I think this will damage their reputation more than agreeing to a chicane.

Michelin, for once, has been incompetent. The FIA and Ferrari have been shortsighted.

Guys, the FIA (NOT FERRARI) would not let them build the chicane. The FIA's call, not Ferrari. Please, lets get things the way they really are.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1333204)   #59
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why couldn't ALL the teams use Bridgestones just for this race? Surely Michelin could have been forced to agree and Bridgestone would have got great PR.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1333205)   #60
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes; and I get no reply to this thread, cos youre all sat there, moaning and whinging, but doing nowt about it. Chuck £20,000 or £30,000 into Club racing per year like we do, mad isnt it? Its in my brain and Ive a business that can afford it.Christ I orgasm on sideways FUN racing, dont give a toss if Pete doesnt win:Spectator FUN racing. Find a sponsor? Its up to you lot without SPONSORS F1 is DEAD
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1333207)   #61
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ferrari did oppose the decision though Inigo. As far as I'm aware. I accept if I'm wrong.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1333208)   #62
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
forzaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So your unhappy....I feel sorry for you but dont throw things...its dangerous and inmature.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1333211)   #63
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You'd think the teams would pull the cars wouldn't you!

Points more important than safety?
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1333212)   #64
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this is the natural conclusion of all the mindless rule-tampering we've seen over the past few years. It's a huge shame because I think Ferrari would have been competitive enough to have a great race with the Renaults and the McLarens today. Michelin have messed up big time although I suspect that the media will try to twist it so that Ferrari are the villains, as usual.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1333213)   #65
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
It is F1 who will suffer from this more, not Michelin, so the FIA have missed the bigger picture here. they should be looking to protect themselves and forget the politics.
Oh I don't know about that. I wouldn't be too surprised if there are a few major lawsuits launched at Michelin because of this.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1333215)   #66
Formula1Fanatic
Rookie

England
Warrington
Formula1Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have every right.

Why should they care when there whole weekend has been ruined by stupidity of Michelin and the FIA.

Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1333218)   #67
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1928
David Hobbs just said it best in my opinion.
He said turn one(or turn 13 for F1) at Indy has been there since 1909, you'd think since it's been there so long Michelin could have made a tire that could handle it.
Didn't they just mention that the track has been resurfaced with some special new groove in it and Bridgestone's affiliate Firestone sent back data (As you would rightfully expect) to Bridgestone as to what the wear was like? Remember Turn One is practically a new turn this year, even for the IRL guys.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1333219)   #68
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

There are no cars on the track to be in danger of these things anyways.

And I can't blame them. Imagine, there will be people who will have travelled from around the world to see this "event".

I'd like to see how rationally you would act in this situation.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1333222)   #69
JAG
Veteran

England
Its going from bad to worse.

The fallout from this will be far bigger than any of us can imagine.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1333223)   #70
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hazza is correct.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1333224)   #71
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Nothing to do with the rule changing. Everything to do with Michelin.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1333225)   #72
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry;See my thread. All Sponsors are not worth there light. Any guy that reckons sponsors are not worth listening to are pratts. Im a sponsor; AND no one listens to us. Without us, some brilliant guys would not make it through Club racing yet alone F1. Long live Pete Thurston and FUN sideways V8 racing
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1333226)   #73
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WAY TO GO MICHELIN!!!! Leave it up to a tire manufacturer to screw F-1 is the US. F-1 is finally gaining popularity here and now this!!!

Ban Michelin. Use one tire manufacturer like (and I hate to say this) NASCAR.

Had I traveled up to Indy and bought tickets, be looking for somebody to pay me back. While I think F-1 is the best open-wheel racing series in the world, if this is the kind of rubbish we get, it will just help IRL and ChampCar here in the States.

Sorry for the rant but I have had little sleep after staying up all night for Le Mans. Hey, on the bright side any of you fans that want to jump ship can join us in the sportscar racing world.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1333227)   #74
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Nothing to do with the rule changing. Everything to do with Michelin.
I totally agree.

See those fans from Mexico, and Panama?

What a mess.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1333230)   #75
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Formula1Fanatic

Darkest day for F1 since San Marino 94 [/QUOTE]

I know you are not the only one who said this so to everyone who thinks the same...Noboby died this weekend!!
Closed Thread