Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Mar 2015, 02:34 (Ref:3510548)   #976
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched the Sunday coverage on my tablet with Foxtel Go, quality was good for that size of device, and the house I was in had no functioning FTA.

Being able to watch a whole race uninterrupted was a bit surreal.

Lucky for me my stepdad pays for Foxtel and doesn't know what a tablet is
Old 2 Mar 2015, 02:52 (Ref:3510550)   #977
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Foxtel Go unmetered?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Mar 2015, 02:55 (Ref:3510553)   #978
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is Foxtel Go unmetered?
foxtel go is internet based via foxtel

as is foxtel via telstra t box

thus i would expect both of them are not caught by tv ratings, although i guess it is possible the t box is
Old 2 Mar 2015, 02:58 (Ref:3510554)   #979
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Is Foxtel Go unmetered?
Only on Telstra fixed-line services I believe.

Uses about 1.3gb an hour. It is something you need to take into account...
Old 2 Mar 2015, 03:02 (Ref:3510556)   #980
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Only on Telstra fixed-line services I believe.

Uses about 1.3gb an hour. It is something you need to take into account...
That's hungry! If watching on your phone it would be easy to burn the month's data allowance.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Mar 2015, 03:03 (Ref:3510557)   #981
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
That's hungry! If watching on your phone it would be easy to burn the month's data allowance.
Yep, only free on Telstra Home Broadband services.

I have 35Gb a month on my phone/tablet and unlimited ADSL but still, it is a lot!

Also you can get Foxtel Go on PC/Mac/Tablet, but you can get Foxtel play on Xbox360/Tablet. Confusing and no technical reason for it.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 03:04 (Ref:3510558)   #982
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
But not if you are on wifi at home or connect to telstra bigpond where it may be unmetered

but hungry if you are in the car or out and about
Old 2 Mar 2015, 03:21 (Ref:3510561)   #983
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
you left out fridays coverage and Thursdays coverage

you also left out anybody with foxtel play

Will v8 teams be happy with 10000 extra people on race day? Much better for the sponsors.
We arent talking cumulative tv figures. We compared the biggest rating they had over the weekend from 2014 to 2015.

Why is that better for sponsors? It is a decline from 2014 - what ever way you want to try & spin it - its not a positive.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 03:23 (Ref:3510562)   #984
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
But not if you are on wifi at home or connect to telstra bigpond where it may be unmetered

but hungry if you are in the car or out and about
Definitely not unmetered on home Bigpond.

I consumed many gigabytes during the free trial last year.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 04:00 (Ref:3510565)   #985
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Definitely not unmetered on home Bigpond.
From here: https://www.telstra.com.au/entertain...nt-on-the-move

Quote:
If you’re connected using your BigPond Wi-Fi, the data is also unmetered. However, it may incur data fees on a 3G/4G connection.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 04:13 (Ref:3510568)   #986
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Thanks Mixer. I am sure that our usage skyrocketed during the trial. I'll check the data usage when I can.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 06:52 (Ref:3510585)   #987
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you left out fridays coverage and Thursdays coverage
Thursday's coverage didn't make the top 20 in Foxtel ratings (so lower than 41,000)

Friday's coverage on Foxtel got 45,000. The Ch10 broadcast of Friday didn't make the top 20 (neither did Ch7's 2014 Friday coverage)

No matter how you try and spin it, less people watched on TV on Saturday and Sunday in 2015 than did in 2014.

How many people were at the track doesn't matter in TV land, especially considering how much emphasis was put on how much better this new TV deal was going to be
Old 2 Mar 2015, 07:19 (Ref:3510590)   #988
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Thanks Mixer. I am sure that our usage skyrocketed during the trial. I'll check the data usage when I can.
If you look at your bill I think the unmetered comes off separately.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 07:41 (Ref:3510596)   #989
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Thursday's coverage didn't make the top 20 in Foxtel ratings (so lower than 41,000)

Friday's coverage on Foxtel got 45,000. The Ch10 broadcast of Friday didn't make the top 20 (neither did Ch7's 2014 Friday coverage)

No matter how you try and spin it, less people watched on TV on Saturday and Sunday in 2015 than did in 2014.

How many people were at the track doesn't matter in TV land, especially considering how much emphasis was put on how much better this new TV deal was going to be
Pecky is the Propaganda Officer of spin so he will sort you out with the correct numbers and the right way to look at those numbers. You have got it wrong and he will tell you why.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 07:46 (Ref:3510597)   #990
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
Says who ? You ? Ask the REC holders who will actually get a dividend again this season and get their opinion.

Seven paid $18m per year for the last 2 years.

Fox/Ten paid $241m over 6 years.

The maths are quite simple really.

Sorry to dig this comment from a few pages back, but it wasn't like for like contracts if my memory is correct.. Didn't the deal with 7 for the rights change to a profit sharing of advertising revenue generated with v8sc?? probably worked out cheaper for Stokes who brought a lot of that advertising
Old 2 Mar 2015, 07:57 (Ref:3510600)   #991
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Were there more viewers of the Clipsal 500 telecast in 2015 or 2014?
Old 2 Mar 2015, 08:05 (Ref:3510603)   #992
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You mean to tell me you have fallen down on the job so badly you don't know? disgraceful!
Old 2 Mar 2015, 08:22 (Ref:3510605)   #993
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You mean to tell me you have fallen down on the job so badly you don't know? disgraceful!
guessing you cant answer it then

Let me ask another question. Does it matter?
Old 2 Mar 2015, 08:31 (Ref:3510611)   #994
Casper
Veteran

You asked the question not me so to you it must. The fact you don't wan't to get on your favourite bandwagon tells us you don't like the answer or haven't or can't work out how to spin it to suit yourself.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3510617)   #995
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I assume you mean more different (individual) viewers?

No
Old 2 Mar 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3510619)   #996
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You asked the question not me so to you it must. The fact you don't wan't to get on your favourite bandwagon tells us you don't like the answer or haven't or can't work out how to spin it to suit yourself.
No spin required more people watched the telecast in 2015 than 2014

However that will not continue with the coming rounds when not live on ten
Old 2 Mar 2015, 08:50 (Ref:3510620)   #997
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I assume you mean more different (individual) viewers?

No
is that suddenly important? Its never been in the past?

see you can spin pretty good on your own
Old 2 Mar 2015, 08:53 (Ref:3510621)   #998
Casper
Veteran

Quote:

Pecky, don't get all serious on us, you are the king of spin.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3510627)   #999
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:

Yes it has been, for everyone bar v8sc. What you are suggesting is double & triple counting?
Old 2 Mar 2015, 09:27 (Ref:3510638)   #1000
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Yes it has been, for everyone bar v8sc. What you are suggesting is double & triple counting?
Thats a massive side issue that all sports do not just motorsport

create a thread if you want to discuss it, because im going to be discusing what every sport does when it comes to tv coverage