Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Dec 2004, 08:08 (Ref:1184674)   #1
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trouble at Perkins Engineering??

Just checked Motorsport News website www.mnews.com.au where it says that the future of Perkins Engineering is in doubt. It will break the story in tomorrows Issue. Does anyone know whats going on?? I haven't heard anything, GTRMagic do you know whats going on??

Last edited by Scott75; 21 Dec 2004 at 08:10.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 08:24 (Ref:1184688)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suspect that the issue is regarding the franchise situation for CPR.

I was of the understanding that the Perkins operation would be running 4 cars in season 2005 for Davison/Autobarn, Richo/Castrol, Dumbrell/Castrol and Tratt/Toll.

Franchise licence slots for these positions were supposed to come from RNR, WPS, PWR & PLR....

... however if the noise is correct that Mr Gore has sold off his L2 franchise licence slot, back to the TEGA organisation, Perkins is now one franchise licence slot short to run their 4 car team in 2005....

I doubt it will be an enormous problem... Mr Ellery has his franchise in play, but until a punter puts the kazillions on the table, the #31 franchise licence slot is probably available to Mr Perkins....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Dec 2004, 09:34 (Ref:1184768)   #3
Lowndesfan6
Racer

Lowndesfan6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The strong rumour GTR from EC..........rnd 13, from Mr Perkins himself was that Davison's car will look very green next year......ie. BP sponsorship.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 09:44 (Ref:1184779)   #4
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would believe it to be envy actually. You do a lot worse than a Perkins mount.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:02 (Ref:1184795)   #5
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next question is what will TEGA do with the franchise. Can they legally buy a franchise, if they do buy it do they have to run a car. It then goes back to whether they can legally own that franchise.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:12 (Ref:1184803)   #6
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But if it is part of the implementation of the field being reduced to 32 cars......?
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:16 (Ref:1184809)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndesfan6
The strong rumour GTR from EC..........rnd 13, from Mr Perkins himself was that Davison's car will look very green next year......ie. BP sponsorship.
Mr Davison's 2005 car will be respendent in the colours of Autobarn actually....
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:19 (Ref:1184811)   #8
Just Do It!
Veteran

....and the opposition will be green with envy
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1184816)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I think it would be prudent of the Caltexians to support the SBR engine program by placing sponsorship logos on the Orrcon and Betta Falcons.... then Caltex can finish 1-2-3-4-5-6 in 2005... and the share price can go up even more!!!
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:25 (Ref:1184819)   #10
Just Do It!
Veteran

I didn't know you wanted a jail term for Christmas, GTR. A great idea though, jail term aside!
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:27 (Ref:1184822)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why am I going to jail this time? My place of employ isnt far from one correctional facility, maybe I can commute from there?
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:33 (Ref:1184829)   #12
Just Do It!
Veteran

From one prison to another.........How many Caltex shares do you own exactly? Will they give you a seat on the board?
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:39 (Ref:1184835)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I dont own enough to retire on sadly... if I had the courage, I would have purchased a mountain of them on the tick when they were under $2.... especially now, with $11 seemingly in sight
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:41 (Ref:1184840)   #14
Just Do It!
Veteran

Buga! Then you could have retired and run a Porsche
Old 21 Dec 2004, 12:56 (Ref:1184937)   #15
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imagine that GTR going wheel to wheel with his idol speedy it would truely be a sight to behold lol
Old 21 Dec 2004, 14:01 (Ref:1185003)   #16
HRT #1
Racer

HRT #1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I think it would be prudent of the Caltexians to support the SBR engine program by placing sponsorship logos on the Orrcon and Betta Falcons.... then Caltex can finish 1-2-3-4-5-6 in 2005... and the share price can go up even more!!!
Wishful thinking GTRMagic, but you know full well that Ford have never been able to manage to finish in the top 5 spots at any given race or round, however Holden already managed to do this in 2002 at Bathurst with 5 cars in the top 5 positions.

Holden 1 1-2-3-4-5
Ford still trying

Last edited by HRT #1; 21 Dec 2004 at 14:02.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 18:18 (Ref:1185205)   #17
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't understand that... it's like laughing at the kid that's just beaten you up because you beat him at a running race two years ago.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 23:48 (Ref:1185485)   #18
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets face it, all the red brigade has got these days is memories!!!

Oh, and crash bandicoot of course.........
Old 22 Dec 2004, 01:32 (Ref:1185529)   #19
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Knowing the way Caltex work I certainly would not want there name anywhere near my car.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 01:39 (Ref:1185537)   #20
Just Do It!
Veteran

They must do something right if their share price has gone from $2 to almost $11.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 02:45 (Ref:1185563)   #21
cosworth BDG
Rookie

Australia-Aboriginal
Terra Australis
cosworth BDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what is everyone going to do for GOSIP when BP annou nce their tie-up with a not known, on this side of the GLOBE, supermarket chain about to open here???.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 02:48 (Ref:1185565)   #22
Just Do It!
Veteran

And which chain would that be?
Old 22 Dec 2004, 03:58 (Ref:1185584)   #23
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I want to say is "SUCKED IN LARRY"... You thought you where sssooo smart in selling for 2 L1 spots for a quick $$$ & now it has come back to bit you in the arse!!!!
Old 22 Dec 2004, 04:01 (Ref:1185586)   #24
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ONly problem is that GTR would be quicker, maybe GTR you could get a bulk goods sponsor Sorry Mate Merry Xmas.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 06:13 (Ref:1185621)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
They must do something right if their share price has gone from $2 to almost $11.
They are over $11 today!!!! Had I bought a million of them yesterday, I would now be $220k richer today