Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 11 May 2008, 16:52 (Ref:2199105)   #76
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Initial thoughts on first use of Hans device with my RF04. I used my current 3 in belts - but was mindful to have them strapped up as much as possible. Apart from the initial restriction in being able to move you head to talk to people when sat in the car, I could feel zero difference once driving.

However, the big difference was that it did make my shoulders pretty sore/stiff the following day - but I would say almost 100% that once used to them, that most people would struggle to notice you're wearing them. (I should stop being such a wendy and complaining about sore shoulders!)

Likewise, chatting to the various scruts post our race at Cadwell today, most of them felt it is inevitable that they will become mandatory soon (apparently all Drag racers have to now use them), with the senior scrut feeling this could be as soon as 09.
Old 12 May 2008, 07:18 (Ref:2199784)   #77
test run
Rookie

test run should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The official responce from MSA headquaters when asked directly was that making HANS mandatory was not even on their radar.
Old 20 May 2008, 06:26 (Ref:2207010)   #78
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a wee look at a Vauxhall/Opel Lotus at the weekend. Back in the '90s they introduced a Helmet support wraparound thingy for the chassis and it became mandatory within the class. The ex FVL people will remember it. If a HANS device was used in conjuction with it, it could be a good job and may solve the possible rollover problems. But it might need to be a propriatry part for each chassis which would be difficult.
Old 21 May 2008, 14:16 (Ref:2208321)   #79
Jen-MSAR
Advertiser
Rookie

United Kingdom
Jen-MSAR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all...

I work as a UK agent for Schroth Racing who make the HANS device. I have read through this thread and it is interesting to hear all the different opinions. I am glad that a lot of you already seem to own and use a HANS and i hope that some of the others reading this will be inclined to get one, as i feel the safety benefits prevail over any other concerns people seem to have. I just though i would let you all know that there is now a new product on the market for the HANS device which is called Vision Advantage. It is a single sliding tether that allows full head rotation from side to side but still has exactly the same safety benefits as the fixed tethers. It is about £60. www.msar-safety.com have more information about it if you are interested to know more.

I am able to talk with many competitors in various series of motorsport and I still find it amazing that it takes a big accident, where people see their friend or team mate get injured to then think about getting one. It should be viewed as an insurance policy, hopefully you will never have to use it but if you do it could save your life!

I am happy to answer any specific questions or give more info about compatible harnesses or installation.

Thanks

Jen

ps. D Marshall - sorry i don’t know your real name - I hope you are recovering well. Would you mind if i quote something you wrote on the first page of this thread in a magazine article i am currently writing??
Old 22 May 2008, 16:04 (Ref:2209144)   #80
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have bought the top of range Stand 21 Hans device and arranged a discount for all F4 drivers.

PM Your FFZetec driver Rep (me!) for details.

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 23 May 2008, 22:49 (Ref:2210088)   #81
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought your were not allowed to advertise on a Thread ASP???????

Or endorse?????
Old 25 May 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2211093)   #82
phantom lunger
Rookie

phantom lunger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I purchased a Hans device from Demon Tweeks yesterday. Given the recent accidents I thought it was best to get one before I race again this year. I have a Reynard 89 FF and I was told by the guy at Demon Tweeks that the older FFs required a 20 degree and the newer ones say 95 onwards a 30 degree Hans. I was always under the impression that I needed a 30 degree. Can anyone advise on this? Not sure if I will need to change it to a 30 degree model.
Old 25 May 2008, 10:22 (Ref:2211117)   #83
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I would think it depends on your particular seating position within the car. Get in the car and try it
Old 25 May 2008, 11:57 (Ref:2211185)   #84
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom lunger
I purchased a Hans device from Demon Tweeks yesterday. Given the recent accidents I thought it was best to get one before I race again this year. I have a Reynard 89 FF and I was told by the guy at Demon Tweeks that the older FFs required a 20 degree and the newer ones say 95 onwards a 30 degree Hans. I was always under the impression that I needed a 30 degree. Can anyone advise on this? Not sure if I will need to change it to a 30 degree model.
Unless you have changed the seating position, IIRC the standard '89 Reynard would suit a 30 degree best. You also have the added advantage with that car that the roll over problem would not be as big an issue due to the double hoop arrangement.
Old 26 May 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2212560)   #85
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy
I thought your were not allowed to advertise on a Thread ASP???????
1. There's a button to report posts instead of mentioning it in the thread
2. That means that other people can see the post, for instance when I'm at Anglesey all weekend followed by a day at Oulton and therefore not online
3. The post explains a product linked to HANS so it is relevant to discussion. That, and the fact I was in a good mood on Thursday.
Old 27 May 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2212817)   #86
FranksWilde
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
FranksWilde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh, don't mind Walshy he's always moaning.
Old 27 May 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2213141)   #87
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple J Motorsport
I have bought the top of range Stand 21 Hans device and arranged a discount for all F4 drivers.

PM Your FFZetec driver Rep (me!) for details.
LOL I forgot I nominated you for rep!!
Old 27 May 2008, 22:33 (Ref:2213532)   #88
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksWilde
Ahh, don't mind Walshy he's always moaning.
TART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29 May 2008, 10:36 (Ref:2214537)   #89
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
LOL I forgot I nominated you for rep!!

Yeah even though I was hiding at the back....suddenly heard you and mr walker nominating me!

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final

Tags
hans