Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 9 Jun 2008, 09:56 (Ref:2223501)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Irish Libre 8th June

So... who ignored the "meatball" flag and continued driving with the knackered rear wing? Pretty dangerous stuff, especially as it did eventually come off. Lucky nobody was decapitated.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2223773)   #2
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was'nt me. But I know who it was

It was a bad weekend for Marshall waving! I could'nt see EP on her perch. For a big chap, Grant did a good job of hiding and as for Jennifer, she was having too much fun off-roading in her pick up with no gun rack!

We nearly had a surprise bbq in the paddock after the porkie outing as one of them decided to ignore all the frantic waving and "blaze a trail" through the paddock. Could have been nasty....

Last edited by Peter Dunne; 9 Jun 2008 at 14:20.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2223788)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne
It was a bad weekend for Marshall waving! I could'nt see EP on her perch. For a big chap, Grant did a good job of hiding and as for Jennifer, she was having too much fun off-roading in her pick up with no gun rack!
Yeah, well EP was down on Turn 3 on the ground so not playing with flags.

I was in pit lane except when we were chasing the starts so it's the old pantomime case of "HE'S BEHIND YOU!!!"

Quote:
We nearly had a surprise bbq in the paddock after the porkie outing as one of them decided to ignore all the frantic waving and "blaze a trail" through the paddock. Could have been nasty....
"No burnt bum, no harm done!"
Old 9 Jun 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2223799)   #4
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
as for Jennifer, she was having too much fun off-roading in her pick up with no gun rack!
Ya spoted me and ya didnt wave! Grrrrr! What happened to you that caused you not to finish the 2nd race?
Old 9 Jun 2008, 15:07 (Ref:2223832)   #5
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ran out over the kerb at BOAC (aka turn 3, aka delta something) and severed the earth lead for the ecu which I had cleverly run between the floor and the engine . What makes it worse is that I knew it was badly run and was on "my list of things to do on a wet Sunday". Combined with my stall at the start it rounded off a day that started well and ended badly.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 15:14 (Ref:2223843)   #6
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a pity, i seen your hand going up going round turn 3, thought i was going to have to tow you in!! I would have been behind you on the grid and i dint notice you stall you must have got it going again pretty quickly!
Old 9 Jun 2008, 16:19 (Ref:2223892)   #7
Peter Dunne
Veteran

It was all Alan Kessies fault!!! Before the race he was telling us that his Pilbeam was a bit tricky to get off the line and might stall so to be wary. I was sitting at the start looking at his gearbox and was so busy thinking which way to go if he stalled, that I stalled. I just managed to dip the clutch and catch it but about five or six cars got past. No big deal, roll on the next day.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2223894)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
roll on the next day.
Don't you dare roll!!!!
Old 9 Jun 2008, 16:26 (Ref:2223898)   #9
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Don't you dare roll!!!!
Actually, my tyres are a year and a half old so I might just do that. Want to sponsor me a set?
Old 9 Jun 2008, 20:03 (Ref:2224078)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Want to sponsor me a set?
lol, I don't think €50 would go a long way.. might buy you the valve cover thingies
Old 10 Jun 2008, 07:20 (Ref:2224445)   #11
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
lol, I don't think €50 would go a long way.. might buy you the valve cover thingies
Done deal. All contributions gratefully accepted . Please send chq with tenths decals at your earliest convenience .

BTW, what's are "valve cover thingies"? Will they make me go faster?
Old 10 Jun 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2224457)   #12
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only if they are striped,
Old 10 Jun 2008, 08:07 (Ref:2224474)   #13
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It was all Alan Kessies fault!!! Before the race he was telling us that his Pilbeam was a bit tricky to get off the line and might stall so to be wary. I was sitting at the start looking at his gearbox and was so busy thinking which way to go if he stalled, that I stalled. I just managed to dip the clutch and catch it but about five or six cars got past. No big deal, roll on the next day.
Why would a hillclimb car be tricky off the line? Are they not meant to be like rockets from a standing start which is vital for hillclimbing? Serious q, I'm not being a smart a**e

I wasn't there this weekend, hope the racing was good and enjoyed by all.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 08:14 (Ref:2224483)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I was lurking behind the armco - it's nearly as tall as me so you can't see me!

A big hi there and hello to number 81 who threw his entire exhaust casing at my flag marshal! We left it at the side of the circuit for pickup at the end of racing, so hopefully he got it back!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 08:40 (Ref:2224516)   #15
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz
Why would a hillclimb car be tricky off the line? Are they not meant to be like rockets from a standing start which is vital for hillclimbing
He has a Judd V8 which has something like 500 odd Bhp but its a very fine line between giving it too much welly and lighting up the rears or not giving it enough and stalling. With soft hill rubber its easier to give it a bootfull and have the grip not to spin as much (its a lot harder on the drivetrain though) but race rubber takes a few laps to come on.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2224522)   #16
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
I was lurking behind the armco - it's nearly as tall as me so you can't see me!
Ah Bless! We'll have to get you one of those JML fold away stool things so you can wave at me the next day
Old 10 Jun 2008, 10:48 (Ref:2224652)   #17
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Quote:
Done deal. All contributions gratefully accepted . Please send chq with tenths decals at your earliest convenience .
Steal my sponser why dont you! Bet you wont wear a 10-10ths vest top!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 11:10 (Ref:2224670)   #18
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_ni
Steal my sponser why dont you! Bet you wont wear a 10-10ths vest top!
You are underestimating just how low I'll go for money
Old 10 Jun 2008, 14:55 (Ref:2224885)   #19
stealth1
Rookie

stealth1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You are underestimating just how low I'll go for money
Yer a proper floozie wouldnt be much use to you if it wasnt nomex, though!!

earth calling driftwood ... u out there mate?? wots happening wiv Anglesey then?? ... u coming or wot, cos looks like numbers are going to be an issue!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 19:10 (Ref:2225084)   #20
class1comp
Rookie

Ireland
Co. Kildare
class1comp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With soft hill rubber its easier to give it a bootfull and have the grip not to spin as much (its a lot harder on the drivetrain though)

Sylvie Mullin's former car (Ralt RT33) was being double driven at the Clare Hillclimb on Sunday by new owners Declan McNamara and Sean Connole.

After the practice run the gearbox had to be rebuilt! On the final run Declan lit it up off the line and duly broke BOTH driveshafts!!!!!!!!

My weekend in the Vee oil pipe and oil cooler problems on Saturday and on Sunday my double drive a youngster using his competition licence for the second time (first time was Saturday!)
Beat me by 1.3s

I think we might have a future star
Old 11 Jun 2008, 07:12 (Ref:2225443)   #21
Peter Dunne
Veteran

My my, what a motley crew! Nice to see "Alice the three legged Marshal" escaped from Wonderland for a day

Captions anyone?

Click image for larger version

Name:	carlow_races_june_513.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	19801
Old 12 Jun 2008, 20:13 (Ref:2227291)   #22
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Nice to see "Alice the three legged Marshal" escaped from Wonderland for a day
No rabbit holes on Delta 4 thankfully, but there was some sort of metal stump sticking up out of the ground! So a big thanks to Jonathan Fildes for thoughtfully shedding some of his dayglo-orange bodywork at my post, it was great for covering up the stump. And just for the record, I actually escaped from Wonderland for both days!!
Old 13 Jun 2008, 09:35 (Ref:2227645)   #23
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
[QUOTE=burnsie] So a big thanks to Jonathan Fildes for thoughtfully shedding some of his dayglo-orange bodywork at my post [QUOTE]

Thats interesting since he was driving a green and white car!
Old 13 Jun 2008, 14:02 (Ref:2227805)   #24
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_ni
Thats interesting since he was driving a green and white car!
Point taken, it wasn't Mr Fildes then...!