Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 9 Oct 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1732937)   #51
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven
Also anyone with any tips on where is good to advertise the car for sale let me know. (obviously if you know of anyone put them in touch and they will get the 10/10ths discount of 5 euro!!)
You could always try our classified ads partners.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1733707)   #52
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
You giving up Draven?
Old 10 Oct 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1733738)   #53
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Draven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could I do that after you and all the other marshals being so nice to me. Not getting out just working on a slightly different plan for next year. I'll be at every race just like this year, wither I have a car or not!

Was going to post a big thank you on the Marshals forum but I thought it might be a bit gushing to do that, so I'll say it here insted.
Thanks a million for being the best people in motorsport to you all, especially to all of you who helped me get into the sport and (when I'd made a baggs of it) all of you who helped me get out of my car or the ocasional tyer barrier.

Special thanks for saving an entire weekend by finding a vital bit of carb that I left on the back straight of kirkistown in qualifiny this year too!

I'll see you all next year and I promise that this time I actually will have the kitkats with me.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1735569)   #54
thunder1001
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
thunder1001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven

While I'm here, congratulations to Dan for the C Championship Win, beautiful car well prepared, but not just that, bloody well driven.
Cheers Draven, but as i said before, it was a fluke. I found that mid way through the season cause i was in the hunt for the c championship, i couldnt really push that hard for fear of throwing it off very quickly, which i was so close to doing even when i was going slowly, so slow and steady was the name of the game. And also the fact that it came down to 1 point in the end, i felt really sorry for robbie allen, he lead the entire season only to be robbed on the last race.
well i hope to be wheel to wheel with you next season in the vee`s when you get a car sorted.
And i too would like to take this opportunity to thank all the marshalls for the hard work throughout the year, its a great relief to know that when you bin it, there are people there to help you out.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1735602)   #55
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan. Don't feel sorry for anyone. You didn't rob the title... you won it fair and square!!!!

I look forward to battling with you next year!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 00:05 (Ref:1735706)   #56
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Fair play for mentioning robbie allen, he did a fantastic job also, but please tel me you werent taking it easy!!! th erest of us have a lot to do in that case!
Watch out A championship.

av8rirl were you out this year?
Old 12 Oct 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1736673)   #57
Kershaw
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Kershaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Draven, he was taking it easy for the last 3 to 4 weekends. We knew we only had to finish 2nd for last 3 rounds to get it by a point. All Dans fastest laps at each track were done in the 1st half of the season!
But to be fair he drove well, and got the wins when we needed them.
Robbie Allen and indeed Robbie Parkes who ran him did very well throughout the year. They were neck and neck for last few rounds.
Ill be giving Av8rirl a big digout next year as he fights to win the national title... isnt that right Av8rirl..
Old 14 Oct 2006, 01:21 (Ref:1737510)   #58
beekay
Rookie

beekay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw
Ill be giving Av8rirl a big digout next year as he fights to win the national title... isnt that right Av8rirl..

Old 20 Oct 2006, 13:38 (Ref:1743159)   #59
Dunzer
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Dunzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kershaw, I just sent you a PM.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 12:06 (Ref:1768506)   #60
daveheavey62
Rookie

daveheavey62 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just for the record, both the front running Leastone engines were stripped a while back and it was discovered that kent screwed up with the cams by profiling them wrong. Thats why Elliott was struggling. And thats why John Downey struggled before we changed his motor mid season.

All our engines are rockets!!!
Old 17 Nov 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1768525)   #61
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveheavey62
In the right hands!!
Old 17 Nov 2006, 13:00 (Ref:1768566)   #62
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveheavey62
I thought fireworks were illegal in Ireland
Old 22 Nov 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1772425)   #63
AWR
Rookie

Ireland
Old Ross
AWR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gio

Horan's car was a weapon. Garry done an awesome job preparing and winning in that car last and Horan benefitted from that. Where is he now? Struggling just inside top ten. With a DDR.
Hi Gio. Just to let you know - Garry's car has done a serious amount of racing since he sold it. Ronan Keating tried it out, then Mark bought it. In fairness to Mark, he never missed a race, not even any of the non championship events, and was a regular top three runner at the start of the season, plus winning all the non championship races. He then had the engine 'freshened up' - NOT by DDR, and henceforth the decline in performance ensued.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1772428)   #64
gio
Retired
Rookie

gio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't know that. Sorry I just presumed he got Damien to do it if he had gotten one at all.
Old 25 Nov 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1774912)   #65
Kershaw
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Kershaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Horan was never in the top 3 regularly at season start. I dont know where that assumption came from. Sure, he was top 3 in Kirky championship, but afaik, he got one podium in 2006 in Irish championship.
I reckon Horan went off the pace after he stuffed it in the Hairpin at Kirky mid season. What happened was (and it happens with new guys) - he inherited a quick car from Newsome, and when he bent it he never got it back on the pace, like any newcomer (and he is that) , developing a car to go quick is difficult, and when it was up to him he coudnt quite get it back to its original pace, ie Newsomes.
In the end of the day, nothing can be taken from him, he won the B championship, and he was driving the car, so well done to him.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1840708)   #66
mr spoggs
Rookie

mr spoggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWR
Hi guys! New post here.
I have to clear some things up - first, Mr Nuvolari, my car was not 'thrown' together. Gary Newsome's Dad & brother did a stunning job on the bodywork & preparation. The rest was a bit of a hurry alrite - the rear shocks were too short, so i couldn't pull it down with the z bar, and the front was 15mm higher than the front! The brake pedal sank to the floor, thanks to a dodgy union, and when i stripped the box, the 3rd/4th selector fork was in two halves, and still he did that lap, a second quicker than anyone.
I was standing at the first corner watching Gary leading in my car when Moore rejoined heading straight for him. Gary slowed, waving his hands in the air - bearing down on a corner flat out and seeing another Vee heading staright for him, he could hardly be balmed - then Ken overtook between that corner and the next, so to suggest that the incident had nothing to do with the result is nonsense, and i think i can tell the difference between my own car & Ken's. Don't take my word for it, wait for the TV footage.
Imagine what Gary could do next year, with brakes, gears + traction...
Guess this might clear up this eyewitness account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_XyzkJNXqI

Was he past?? Not in a fit Alan. And next lap or so is where the backmarker messed up his race. Can't understand why he didn't pass Ken then, I nearly went over him. I know I had no business being there but it's a hard ask to tell a guy to off and accept his problem. You can see I was leading when the problem occurred. (ok maybe Gary would've eaten me on the next straight...) I'll do things differently next (hopefully never) time.

It's easier to blame this idiot, (and poss with some truth) but I didn't up his race, and I didn't put him off at Mountjoy.

I agree that a forum should be there to air views, but sometimes some sort of credos is given where the reality is different. Gary would never have passed Ken at that corner, so where his hand was is irrelevant, it might as well have been in his mouth whistling Dixie.

The weekend was great and the competition fierce. It's funny how many mistakes we all made out there, only 3 corners after all... At least it feels good to race safely wheel to wheel with these guys.

With reference to the other personal stuff going round, thank God the only insult seems to be that I'm a spendthrift. Wouldn't I be a stupid boy to blow up an engine when the championship is down to the wire? I'm probably a bit hard on them now seeing as I'm getting slower.

Anyway I've apologised for all my mistakes to those that matter, I've thanked those that matter, and I've told those that have with me what I think of them. Guess the best forum is face to face....

Ray Moore
Old 24 Feb 2007, 18:50 (Ref:1850663)   #67
PAT MUSTARD
Rookie

PAT MUSTARD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HELLO ALL,I'm new to posting replies but have been reading forums 4 a while,i've been around mondello for 20 years and involved with vees in my early years.I remember when vees were much more relaxed,its changed.its all polotics and bickering.On the subject of engines i can recall one charachter saying he built an engine from bits in boxes in the shed and it was right up there.furthermore does anyone recall a FF1600 works engine "PATCH" in the 80's that won the brands festival a few times.Its no wonder your numbers are decreasing when u go on like this.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1850709)   #68
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Pat, welcome to the forum...yes (just!) remember Patch as was always told about it by my old man - he loved it so much I had a teddy bear when younger called patch named after the engine!
Old 25 Feb 2007, 14:13 (Ref:1851044)   #69
Dunzer
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Dunzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah "Patch" has been talked-about on Ten Tenths many times before. I think Roberto Moreno has it now.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 11:09 (Ref:1851899)   #70
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep that's what I heard...wonder if he'd lend it to me....

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 23 Nov 2007, 00:25 (Ref:2073899)   #71
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvolari78
Wonder how much that new Leastone Vee is in kit form? With an engine that thing could fly, and it looks deadly.......
Hey lads... and ladies...

Just dragging this thread up again now that the season is over and we have the benefit of hindsight... I could have chosen almost any post but the one above is pretty fitting...

Leastone chassis... leastone motor... surely now people can agree that a leastone motor and a DDR motor are on a par? Or maybe they can't?
Old 27 Nov 2007, 12:03 (Ref:2076391)   #72
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I happen to have a Leastone Chassis with a Leastone engine and a trailer...REAL cheap.........
Lockup is packed to the hilt so get yourself a bargain before Xmas!!!
Old 27 Nov 2007, 14:44 (Ref:2076529)   #73
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth
I happen to have a Leastone Chassis with a Leastone engine and a trailer...REAL cheap.........
Lockup is packed to the hilt so get yourself a bargain before Xmas!!!
Would you buy a used race-car from this man....

Jeez MM how many yokes do you have stuffed in yer shed?
Old 27 Nov 2007, 15:43 (Ref:2076570)   #74
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah I'm low on stock at the moment...Let me think:
Golf GTi 1.6 Mk1, race prepped
Fiat 127 1300 racecar
Fiat Uno 1500 full race spec
Spaceframe Rawlson Imp (roller)
Fiat 124 Special T post historic rallycar
205 GTI 1.6 Stock Hatch
Leastone Formula Vee
and of course "Hotlips", the AC Cobra Soapbox!!

Someday I'll grow up.....
Old 27 Nov 2007, 15:45 (Ref:2076574)   #75
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
lol, far too many toys!