Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Sep 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3299926)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gp2/gp3 monza

good to see sam bird on pole (good news for ace007 at least ), even better to see fabio leimer on the front row next to him. the championship battle could get pretty interesting - nasr's 12th and coletti is 6th...

isn't it due to get damp at some point over the weekend?
Old 7 Sep 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3300207)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Leimer / Bird / Dillmann the first GP2 podium of the weekend.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3300224)   #3
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see the title fights in both GP2 and 3 erupt this weekend. Leimer did a great job today. And it had surprised me that no one was really talking about him as a potential champion, especially as he has the best record in all the circuits remaining. I still think Bird will nab it in the end though.

Kvyat's pace in GP3 might just give Red Bull a bit of a headache. I was convinced he was being dropped at the end of the year. Maybe Sainz might get the chop instead?
Old 7 Sep 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3300305)   #4
cappra250
Rookie

cappra250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Great to see the title fights in both GP2 and 3 erupt this weekend. Leimer did a great job today. And it had surprised me that no one was really talking about him as a potential champion, especially as he has the best record in all the circuits remaining. I still think Bird will nab it in the end though.

Kvyat's pace in GP3 might just give Red Bull a bit of a headache. I was convinced he was being dropped at the end of the year. Maybe Sainz might get the chop instead?
Well, someone did before the start of the season. At the moment he was right...When asked for his championship prediction by AUTOSPORT, Valsecchi said: "If I have to make a list, it goes Fabio Leimer first, James Calado second and Marcus Ericsson third."
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3300606)   #5
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fabio had the best qualifying record last season and has it so far this season, so no wonder. Bird actually scored more points than him at Monza and as the Mercedes tester he will have great preparation for the Singapore streets + he won at Monaco. I think he might be the favourite for the title.
But I think Kvyat is more interesting, he has been excellent! He will likely win it and as some have been suggesting for years, Sainz is the more preferred driver by Red Bull.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3300610)   #6
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Some pretty appalling driving displayed in GP3 this weekend.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3300676)   #7
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This story I had seen before... Carlos Alberto Regalia vs Nelson Kvyat anyone???
Old 9 Sep 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3300919)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
This story I had seen before... Carlos Alberto Regalia vs Nelson Kvyat anyone???
Punch up?
Old 12 Sep 2013, 11:52 (Ref:3302670)   #9
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
good to see sam bird on pole (good news for ace007 at least ), even better to see fabio leimer on the front row next to him. the championship battle could get pretty interesting - nasr's 12th and coletti is 6th...

isn't it due to get damp at some point over the weekend?

Interesting battle shaping up for Singapore! Will be thrilling!
Old 12 Sep 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3302686)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it will be good! i have to admit i want leimer to win the title, but it's pretty obvious that he's not going to get into f1 barring a sudden change in the financial wellbeing of the sport. bit of a shame if the gp2 title means nothing to top motorsport teams, but i guess all the good drivers drive simulators and go to endurance racing nowadays.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3302691)   #11
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it will be good! i have to admit i want leimer to win the title, but it's pretty obvious that he's not going to get into f1 barring a sudden change in the financial well being of the sport. bit of a shame if the gp2 title means nothing to top motorsport teams, but i guess all the good drivers drive simulators and go to endurance racing nowadays.
Of course you do! It wouldnt be fun if we were all rooting for the same guy! But the real danger is indeed to have a general statement that no matter what you win (WSR or GP2, see Valsecchi or even Frinjs...), it is useless unless you have $$ attached like Guiterez or Sirotkin. Even Sutil stopped at f3 level and bought himself in! Worrying concept if you ask me!
Old 8 Oct 2013, 04:57 (Ref:3314410)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Shame to see that both most promising GP3 prospects, Regalia and Ellinas, are cash-strapped with worrying economic situations from their respective countries...
Kvyat doesn't need to win the title to continue his racing career in 2014. Regalia already needs it.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3314458)   #13
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shame to see that both most promising GP3 prospects, Regalia and Ellinas, are cash-strapped with worrying economic situations from their respective countries...
Kvyat doesn't need to win the title to continue his racing career in 2014. Regalia already needs it.
Really not surprised about Ellinas(though it would definitely be a damn shame not to see him racing next year!), but Regalia?

Last year he was doing a full F3 Open season, plus half an AutoGP season, plus some GP3 outings. And didn't the family business make a sponsorship deal with Force India recently?
Old 8 Oct 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3314637)   #14
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Argentinian motorsport is in a long battle. The current statu-quo (consolidated in 1982) gives priority to tin-top series, and the heads of each of the main four touring car championships are greedy and pretend to lure all drivers into local scheme. That tends to isolate Argentinian motosport from the rest of the world.

Regalia declared he needs €170,000 to complete the current GP3 season. That worried me because he has to battle for the championship and is the championship leader; Kvyat instead has the full support from Red Bull and has no worries about completing his budget, even for 2014 where he has WSR FR 3.5 destination. The other Argie driver in GP3, Eric Lichtenstein, was put down by Carlin some races ago not only by his deceiving results but also by budget constraints.

Although economic turmoils are not an excuse. Hugo Cuervo from LSG managed to support Jose Maria Lopez and Esteban Guerrieri in European F. Renaults during 2001-2002, when Argentina was at its worst time due to the corralito, default and devaluation.

Last edited by Mekola; 8 Oct 2013 at 15:01.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3315018)   #15
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange. According to Will Buxton, Regalia has something lined-up in GP2 for next year.

http://callumrowesgp2blog.com/2013/1...a-will-buxton/
Old 9 Oct 2013, 09:59 (Ref:3315059)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Regalia declared he needs €170,000 to complete the current GP3 season.
sounds to me very much like his family/current sponsor has the money to pay, but they'd rather let someone else pick up the bill. silly boy.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 02:22 (Ref:3316538)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
I remember the days when I proposed into JM Lopez fanbase that his family sponsor Pauny would finance a seat in Super Aguri F1 in extremis in Spring 2008. Gerardo Pais said to me "Don't mess with Lopez' finances" and at last they sacked me from the fanbase.

Varlion with Regalia could have the money but don't want to risk the company finances with the racing adventure IMHO. It's a shame that no Argentinian sponsor (starting with Perez Companc and the farm block and the government) doesn't want to finance him. Harshly Guillermo Moreno's economic politics to prevent the outcome of money abroad doesn't help the situation.

Last edited by Mekola; 12 Oct 2013 at 02:28.