Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Oct 2013, 12:40 (Ref:3315160)   #1
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carlin Racing

I heard that Carlin consider an IndyCar future.

Carlin is one of the leading Racing teams in Europe. But this season it's not the best one, why?

GP2: Carlin has not yet made a champion in this season, but they become better and better. GP2 is a very difficult series, I also have the feeling that Carlin there just take drivers with money.

GP3: With drivers like Sa Silva and Lichtenstein it is difficult to win. Yelloly and Sims had some good results. But that are not the results Carlin is famous four. Why?

Renault World Series: One of the best teams in the last races, now they are just 11th in the points! What are the reasons? Jaafar and Huertas are not the best drivers. But that could not be all...

F3 European: Carlin is not that good as Prema Power and Mücke. I think it's because of the two teams have more experience with the Kumho tyres than Carlin. With Kvyat on the steering wheel Carlin become better and better. I think Carlin will be more competitive than last year.

British Formula 3: Carlin dominated the series the last years. But this season they have not competitive drivers.

What do you think of it?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3315166)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lichenstein looked so good in FF last year, totally outclassing Anti Buri in the second half of the season yet in GP3 he was most definitely an also ran.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3315255)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carlin won Brit F3 with Jordan King. Nasr is doing well for them in GP2. But they are probably are getting pay drivers in to allow all of these projects to run in the current economic climate.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3316200)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Carlin won Brit F3 with Jordan King. Nasr is doing well for them in GP2. But they are probably are getting pay drivers in to allow all of these projects to run in the current economic climate.
The only way to run a decent operation these days unfortunately, unless a manufacturer or patron pays for all the drives.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3316405)   #5
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
I heard that Carlin consider an IndyCar future.

Carlin is one of the leading Racing teams in Europe. But this season it's not the best one, why?

GP2: Carlin has not yet made a champion in this season, but they become better and better. GP2 is a very difficult series, I also have the feeling that Carlin there just take drivers with money.

GP3: With drivers like Sa Silva and Lichtenstein it is difficult to win. Yelloly and Sims had some good results. But that are not the results Carlin is famous four. Why?

Renault World Series: One of the best teams in the last races, now they are just 11th in the points! What are the reasons? Jaafar and Huertas are not the best drivers. But that could not be all...

F3 European: Carlin is not that good as Prema Power and Mücke. I think it's because of the two teams have more experience with the Kumho tyres than Carlin. With Kvyat on the steering wheel Carlin become better and better. I think Carlin will be more competitive than last year.

British Formula 3: Carlin dominated the series the last years. But this season they have not competitive drivers.

What do you think of it?
Probably too expensive for the really good drivers, so they get the crap ones who can afford them...
Old 12 Oct 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3316615)   #6
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Nasr is one of the best current GP2 drivers for example.

And Jaafar in WSbR isn's that bad either.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3316697)   #7
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Why is the team still named Carlin? An old man once said we may surprise ourselves as we face our future. Or be surprised when we're cleaning up the past.