Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 23 Feb 2011, 22:42 (Ref:2835905)   #1
Richard Duvall
Racer

England
Rochford
Richard Duvall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damaged car

As a marshal I am quite used to seeing the damage cars have inflicted upon them either by hitting each other or hardish things like tyre walls.

I was gobsmacked to see the amount of damage inflicted upon my car while parked in a car park.

http://s555.photobucket.com/albums/jj441/richardduvall/

An elderly driver managed to reverse into my car so fast that it shifted it well to one side of my parking space and hit the car next to it which ended up a hairs breadth from the third car in line! He said his foot slipped!
Old 23 Feb 2011, 23:02 (Ref:2835912)   #2
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my foot would have slipped too - straight up his arse. i hope the cops are pressing charges for wreckless driving or whatever the hell its termed these days.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2835935)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
About 3 years ago my wife was working late at school and a woman came in and said "who owns the green Clio in the car park". My wife said "I own a green Clio what's the problem" "I'm sorry I've just reversed into it "
The woman was in a Freelander and the spare wheel on the tailgate had almost wrote the car off !
The flip side was that the car park is enormous and can hold hundreds of vehicles but there was only three cars in it at the time. !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Feb 2011, 10:47 (Ref:2836090)   #4
JEP
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nottingham
JEP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
my foot would have slipped too - straight up his arse. i hope the cops are pressing charges for wreckless driving or whatever the hell its termed these days.
Not wreckless driving if two cars were damaged, could be reckless though!

Sorry to be a pedant......JEP
Old 24 Feb 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2836408)   #5
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
About 3 years ago my wife was working late at school and a woman came in and said "who owns the green Clio in the car park".
Nice of her to stop and find her tho.

My car was parked on a side street, outside my mate's house once. Straight road, no other cars near it. One of my mate's neighbours just drove into the front corner and smashed up half the bumper (it was on the opposite side of the road to him) - apparently the sun was in his eyes . To be fair, he knocked on the door and took care of business. He did look a bit sheepish tho, and his missus wasn't best pleased, going by the look on her face.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2836427)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
Nice of her to stop and find her tho.
Agreed, but the woman involved worked at the same place but didn't know who's car it was.
She also knew it was on the CCTV
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Feb 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2836626)   #7
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My old Leon Cupra acquired a lovely 18" gash along a rear door when an inconsiderate commuter saved himself a fiver by parking outside my old house (5 mins walk from station), opposite my car leaving not quite a big enough gap for a flatbed Transit to get through. Transit driver drove off but was spotted by a neighbour. I tracked him down, passed details onto the police........who did nothing. Insurance company contacted him, he eventually admitted it, I still got stung with £150 excess. Total arse.
Old 25 Feb 2011, 16:43 (Ref:2836804)   #8
Tris1976
Rookie

Wales
Carmarthen, South Wales
Tris1976 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Humphrey View Post
My old Leon Cupra acquired a lovely 18" gash along a rear door when an inconsiderate commuter saved himself a fiver by parking outside my old house (5 mins walk from station), opposite my car leaving not quite a big enough gap for a flatbed Transit to get through. Transit driver drove off but was spotted by a neighbour. I tracked him down, passed details onto the police........who did nothing. Insurance company contacted him, he eventually admitted it, I still got stung with £150 excess. Total arse.
Which insurance company were you with, as I'd change. You were ripped off, if the other driver admits they were at fauly this negates your need to pay the excess (and protects your NCD) as the claim is actioned as "No Fault".

I know this, as I have finally had a claim settled in the same way - spookly enough I was heading to marshal at the Silverstone LMS last year and got hit on a roundabout where the other driver (in a Jeep) decided that they were not going straight on after all but wanted to go round the roundabout (through my car). Knackered my front wing and alloy wheel etc, but just a minor scratch on hers! Exchanged all details and I did the LMS. Paid my excess to get the car fixed and waited and waited. Finally told that the lady had not reported it to her insurace comapny and it would take a while to sort - my insurance company waited and then issued court documents on the other company. They addmitted liability on her behalf (she still refused to log a claim with them), sent my insuracnce company a cheque to cover the claim, including my excess which they sent back to me!!
Old 26 Feb 2011, 20:21 (Ref:2837274)   #9
brian_bury
Racer

England
crumpsall manchester
brian_bury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you should always recover your excess by claiming for uninsured losses and you do get it back )
Old 27 Feb 2011, 21:55 (Ref:2837651)   #10
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was with Norwich Union. Note I said 'was'. When I first contacted them about the incident, I was advised just to pay the excess as it would be 'the easiest option'! It was partly my fault as I didn't have legal protection on the policy (I just thought it was one of those things insurance companies added to policies that we don't actually need) so i would have had to pay for a solicitor myself to claim the money back and really didn't want the hassle of doing that. My main disappointment was with the police though.. I'd done all the hard work for them by tracking down the driver and supplying witnesses. I always thought it was a criminal offence to drive away from the scene of an accident?
Old 11 Mar 2011, 19:59 (Ref:2844175)   #11
Cameron Winton
Racer

Cameron Winton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCameron Winton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You lot have been lucky. Parked car at a local swimming pool/leisure centre. Quite a windy day (west coast of Scotland). Did put the car as far as I could from the Chrysler Voyager type people carrier in the next space. After an hour & half swimming with the kids, come out, massive big dent in rear door adjacent to where the people carrier WAS parked. No comeback, no CCTV etc.
Lucky I know a tame coach builder - still cost £250