Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Oct 2016, 16:36 (Ref:3678162)   #1576
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Chassis availability might affect an potential entry to the early IMSA NAEC races (not to mention the WEC test days directly after the Sebring 12H...) and sounds like a big factor unless they put in order some time ago to get to the front of the line (???).
The chassis of the Rebellion R-one is the same as the Oreca 05, then perhaps the current cars can be used in LMP2 with the Oreca 07 upgrade kit like happens with current Oreca 05 that can be upgraded to 07.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/cars/rebellion-r1/
Old 8 Oct 2016, 05:47 (Ref:3678324)   #1577
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
The chassis of the Rebellion R-one is the same as the Oreca 05, then perhaps the current cars can be used in LMP2 with the Oreca 07 upgrade kit like happens with current Oreca 05 that can be upgraded to 07.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/cars/rebellion-r1/
I don't think they are identical.
Old 8 Oct 2016, 05:52 (Ref:3678325)   #1578
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing which needs to be the same is the tub, and I'm pretty sure it is. Even with the 05 to 07 upgrade, only the tub remains untouched,the rest is replaced.
Old 8 Oct 2016, 20:44 (Ref:3678443)   #1579
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DSC cited a couple of times in their article that the LMP1 is "on hold", you know instead of totally killed off. Does that actually have any proof in it, or just wishful thinking from their end?
Old 8 Oct 2016, 21:58 (Ref:3678455)   #1580
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I generally don't tend to write those sorts of things off the top of my head!
Old 9 Oct 2016, 09:52 (Ref:3678615)   #1581
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Rebellion Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
I generally don't tend to write those sorts of things off the top of my head!

Lol

I highly doubt DSC would not have mentioned it if they had knowledge of it.
Old 9 Oct 2016, 16:59 (Ref:3678695)   #1582
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
DSC cited a couple of times in their article that the LMP1 is "on hold", you know instead of totally killed off. Does that actually have any proof in it, or just wishful thinking from their end?
As long as they still have the monocoques and the abilities to field an LMP1, it would make sense to have it on hold.
I like that Rebellion is honest and tells us what they are able to do. If things change it can only become better. (ei. a single R-one being fielded)
Old 10 Nov 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3686974)   #1583
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rebellion have ordered two ORECA 07s. No great surprise.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/1...a-in-2017.html
Old 10 Nov 2016, 16:13 (Ref:3686986)   #1584
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice livery.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 16:25 (Ref:3686988)   #1585
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
God, those fins are ugly.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3689794)   #1586
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The #13 Rebellion managed to finish ahead of the #5 Toyota in the drivers standings. Has it ever happened before in the WEC that they finished ahead of a full-season factory entrant?
Old 21 Nov 2016, 14:07 (Ref:3689945)   #1587
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Not before per SC365's post race notes.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 08:23 (Ref:3690877)   #1588
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Not before per SC365's post race notes.
This is a really interesting article on DSC about Rebellions logic for going to LPM2......it seems they realized the 2017 LMP2's were going to be just as fast as the R-One, which is already 4 seconds off the manufacturers, so they threw the towel in and went LMP2......I really dont blame them.......looks like LMP2 in 2017 will be epic....there is also the opportunity of doing US based races and mixing with the DPi's......so in other words they could sell a load of watches in the US!.......good move Rebellion, LMP1-privateer was a waste of time, far too costly and the performance goalposts were moved too far via €130 million annual budgets from Porsche, Audi & Toyota.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/11/24/bart-hayden-rebellion-i-dont-regret-going-into-lmp1-l.html

Old 8 Feb 2017, 08:51 (Ref:3710897)   #1589
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/michel...cing_4740.html
Old 8 Feb 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3710969)   #1590
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
But it's listed in the wrong class - another typo!

Quote:
It will be specially decked out in the colours of Vaillant for the 24 Hours of Le Mans and in subsequent WEC races.
Seriously, it looks cool!
Old 11 Feb 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3711509)   #1591
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
But it's listed in the wrong class - another typo!
Very observant! I missed that. Of course, it's possible this has been in the pipeline since prior to Rebellion announcing they were moving to P2...?
Old 15 Mar 2017, 02:36 (Ref:3718696)   #1592
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
According to this interview, Rebellion will return to lmp1 in 2019!?
Old 15 Mar 2017, 02:43 (Ref:3718697)   #1593
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Just like possibly Audi Sport, I can see Rebellion playing wait and see on how the rules will go and if they're interesting enough to re-commit.

And any boost to the private teams should be hoped for and appreciated as long as it doesn't screw the factory teams. And even then, the factories can adapt quicker than privateers usually can, especially with a tight rule book.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3718732)   #1594
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
It's amazing how fast Rebellion can put together an LMP2 program and how incredibly slow they can get anything done for LMP1.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3718756)   #1595
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Because LMP2 involves buying pre-made parts, sticking them together and going. LMP1 is infinitely more complex.

But LMP1 return was always Rebellions stated intent. They only moved down to LMP2 for 2018 because the fast LMP2 cars would be challenging the old LMP1 cars.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3718771)   #1596
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
consider that 2014-2016 rebellion years were basically a rebadged lmp2 chassis + toyota - AER engine... it's easy to realize that the only requirement that rebellion need to be back in lmp1 is just some rival...
Old 15 Mar 2017, 12:30 (Ref:3718791)   #1597
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Despite producing watches that look like malformed transformers and costing more than I make in a year, at least Rebellion love their racing.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 13:03 (Ref:3718803)   #1598
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well their branding was al over a certain lmp2 car last year, so in effect all they have done is scrap the lmp1 effort for a few years but i am sure they will be back
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:09 (Ref:3730091)   #1599
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Because I am Johnny-on-the-Ball with my finger on the pulse I have discovered that Rebellion's UK workshop is a couple of miles away from the office I have work in for the last 10yrs. I only realised because I saw their race trucks parked outside it whilst looking out of the train window.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3730111)   #1600
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Because I am Johnny-on-the-Ball with my finger on the pulse I have discovered that Rebellion's UK workshop is a couple of miles away from the office I have work in for the last 10yrs. I only realised because I saw their race trucks parked outside it whilst looking out of the train window.
In fairness they haven't been there for 10 years - they moved from the old GTC workshop a few years back