Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Feb 2017, 14:58 (Ref:3712872)   #5101
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I'm afraid Matt is right.

However, a major improvement could come from promoting IMSA's short FCY procedure (pit remain closed till green again) to their regular one and use only that one to deal with incidents. If larger and more time consuming track repairs need to be made the longer procedure incl. pit open for P/GT can be applied. Same goes for serious weather conditions. This way a lot of yellow time will be turned into green time. Isn't that what we all want?
Old 17 Feb 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3712874)   #5102
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well, go full way and don't have the SC pick up any leader, but just the next car happening along. There's something urgent to be dealt with if it deploys at all, so why bother with waiting for a leader. "Oh my but the main race could be hampered!" Dear Sir or Madam, the main race is being hampered by unnecessarily extended SC periods. [/end of an european's opinion]
Old 17 Feb 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3712875)   #5103
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
well, go full way and don't have the SC pick up any leader, but just the next car happening along. There's something urgent to be dealt with if it deploys at all, so why bother with waiting for a leader. "Oh my but the main race could be hampered!" Dear Sir or Madam, the main race is being hampered by unnecessarily extended SC periods. [/end of an european's opinion]
I think that'd ruin events completely. All that happens then is the SC picks up second place and the leader gets a free lap. Constant SC periods might ruin races, but this would ruin them even more. Instead of artificial close gaps we'd have artificial free laps all over the place.

I agree with Matt that Code 60 will never happen. But it should happen, so I don't see the harm in continuing to ask for it. That's what feedback is about right?
Old 17 Feb 2017, 15:18 (Ref:3712877)   #5104
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm afraid Matt is right.

However, a major improvement could come from promoting IMSA's short FCY procedure (pit remain closed till green again) to their regular one and use only that one to deal with incidents. If larger and more time consuming track repairs need to be made the longer procedure incl. pit open for P/GT can be applied. Same goes for serious weather conditions. This way a lot of yellow time will be turned into green time. Isn't that what we all want?
Just run short yellows all the time. We were all amazed at Daytona when the FCY time for the Lamborghini on the second lap or whatever was like, 3 laps in total.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 20:09 (Ref:3712922)   #5105
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
So about that bop, what is the lambda numbers in gtd indicate? Is it a good thing to be closer to 1.00 or further? And why are they lowering the weight of the NSX but increasing it on the Lexus? Do they expect the RC F to do better in the corners or something? It did get a restrictor boost as well.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3712935)   #5106
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I'm aware the discussion was the technical BoP details but the point is that the full course yellow wave around procedures artificially affects results even more so than BoP does.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3712937)   #5107
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
They should implement code 60.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 23:45 (Ref:3712951)   #5108
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Petit gets a restyled logo with the car redesigned to be a stylized version of the Cadillac DPi

Looks like a Nissan road car to me.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 01:23 (Ref:3712961)   #5109
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
"artificially."
Old 18 Feb 2017, 02:05 (Ref:3712964)   #5110
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
So about that bop, what is the lambda numbers in gtd indicate? Is it a good thing to be closer to 1.00 or further?
Air-fuel equivalence ratio. Theoretically 1.00 is "ideal" but it doesn't really matter. It isn't a balancing parameter, they just declare it to make the process easier.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 04:21 (Ref:3712970)   #5111
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Air-fuel equivalence ratio. Theoretically 1.00 is "ideal" but it doesn't really matter. It isn't a balancing parameter, they just declare it to make the process easier.
Oh ok. I wasn't sure if the manufacturers claim the numbers or if it's something the performance balancing of the fia do.
Old 21 Feb 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3713796)   #5112
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think the enduros will/can ever be popular outside of the very dedicated.

Were very lucky to get any form of coverage for those races.

If you want ratings you would probably promote the sprint races for the more causel viewer.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 13:53 (Ref:3714484)   #5113
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
A long read (by today's standards) but quite revealing (what was it that somebody here suggested about MP the other day....?).

So far the Lexus IWSC campaign seems safe but might Gentilozzi (senior) exit soon?

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints...=1&limitstart=
Old 27 Feb 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3715207)   #5114
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
20th Anniversary Motul Petit Le Mans Ticket Special

I'll have to dig, but looks like I get an $17 discount on my ticket this year!

From an Email from Road Atlanta
Quote:
In honor of this year's 20th anniversary, all past ticket purchasers will have the opportunity to present one ticket from each previous Petit Le Mans (dating from 1998 through 2016) and receive one dollar off per past ticket presented per year, up to $19 off their total ticket order.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, ticket orders must be taken over the phone by calling 800.849.7223. Proof of individual tickets must be presented by email, fax or in person and will be verified.

This discount may not be combined with any other offers. Only one past ticket per event year will be counted for each order for this promotion. Discount applies to entire order, not each ticket purchased. Multiple past tickets per year may not be used to get discounts on multiple ticket orders. All tickets presented must be original tickets with serial numbers.

Start collecting your past tickets now so you can be ready once this promotion begins on Wednesday!
Seems like a lot of effort to save up to 19 bucks. I wonder will work with advanced ticket sales, which I'm likely to miss again...
Old 27 Feb 2017, 21:42 (Ref:3715209)   #5115
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How much are tickets?
If you present 19 previous races you should get in free.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 21:50 (Ref:3715211)   #5116
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
How much are tickets?
If you present 19 previous races you should get in free.
$75.00 Gate $65.00 Advance
1-Day Super Ticket
(Sat)

$85.00 Gate $75.00 Advance
2-Day Super Ticket
(Fri/Sat)

$95.00 Gate $85.00 Advance
4-Day Super Ticket

All include paddock access...
Price doesn't include whatever fee they apply

Parking / Tent camping $50. Camper pass $100.

Agreed, but I only have 17.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3715212)   #5117
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
17? Sham of a fan

Which years did you miss?
Old 27 Feb 2017, 22:06 (Ref:3715214)   #5118
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
17? Sham of a fan

Which years did you miss?
HA!

The first 2, but I did watch the end of the first one on TV....

2011 I had to go back n forth between home and track - the wife and both kids (one newborn) had the stomach flu.
Old 28 Feb 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3715335)   #5119
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'll have to dig, but looks like I get an $17 discount on my ticket this year!

From an Email from Road Atlanta

Seems like a lot of effort to save up to 19 bucks. I wonder will work with advanced ticket sales, which I'm likely to miss again...
I laughed at that email. I probably won't bother digging it up.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 15:57 (Ref:3715586)   #5120
Coach Ep
Veteran

Early 2018 Rolex confirmation: http://www.imsa.com/news/022017/unit...lex-24-daytona
Old 2 Mar 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3715693)   #5121
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
A long read (by today's standards) but quite revealing (what was it that somebody here suggested about MP the other day....?).

So far the Lexus IWSC campaign seems safe but might Gentilozzi (senior) exit soon?

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints...=1&limitstart=
Guy is pretty sleazy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Mar 2017, 02:11 (Ref:3715696)   #5122
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Guy is pretty sleazy...

RHR or Paul?

10 years? Worked out for the lawyers, eh?

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 2 Mar 2017 at 02:26.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 03:52 (Ref:3715700)   #5123
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul. But you are right..lawyers are always the winners..

Old 2 Mar 2017, 07:21 (Ref:3715716)   #5124
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gentilozzi will be sharing a bar of soap with Tucker one day.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 09:37 (Ref:3715744)   #5125
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Gentilozzi will be sharing a bar of soap with Tucker one day.
Not quite the same ballpark...