Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jul 2017, 05:57 (Ref:3751348)   #2326
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
No ECG for an International licence?

If so, presumably the 'powers that be' are worried that racing will die out due to the amount of more mature drivers not being able to pass the Stress ECG!
A club racing cardiologist of my acquaintance is convinced that the stress ECG is more likely to initiate a heart attack than give an indication of the likelihood of one occurring in the future.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 06:02 (Ref:3751350)   #2327
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Alright, somehow, for some reason my normally exquisite English has suffered a few lapses of late, posts riddled with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, causing me to look foolish here.

Please accept my sincere apologies,

Booble.
Dear boy, you don't need simple things such as spelling mistakes and grammatical errors to make yourself look foolish. Don't be so hard on yourself...
Old 15 Jul 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3751356)   #2328
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
A club racing cardiologist of my acquaintance is convinced that the stress ECG is more likely to initiate a heart attack than give an indication of the likelihood of one occurring in the future.
Well, that may be the case, but it is hardly the most strenuous exercise, so it does concern me if it initiates an attack in any individual......
Old 15 Jul 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3751358)   #2329
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, that may be the case, but it is hardly the most strenuous exercise, so it does concern me if it initiates an attack in any individual......
Having seen some drivers struggle to walk up the stairs to drivers briefing...anything is possible!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 15 Jul 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3751363)   #2330
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Having seen some drivers struggle to walk up the stairs to drivers briefing...anything is possible!!
They'll be the ones I see queuing for the lift at Spa then, Will?
Old 15 Jul 2017, 07:10 (Ref:3751365)   #2331
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
After 2 endurance races within one weekend I had a blood analysis. To those people, the result was clear, I had at least 2 heart attacks and needed urgent surgery I only saw the influence of losing a good place on the podium during the last lap! In this respect, motorsport can be dangerous…
Old 15 Jul 2017, 07:14 (Ref:3751367)   #2332
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They'll be the ones I see queuing for the lift at Spa then, Will?
They must have a lot of time on their hands if they can wait for the lift there - far quicker to walk up!
Old 15 Jul 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3751394)   #2333
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
They must have a lot of time on their hands if they can wait for the lift there - far quicker to walk up!
Yup, but you still see them queuing.....

Possibly the same mindset that makes some peeps drive 1/2 mile to the shop rather than walk......
Old 15 Jul 2017, 20:03 (Ref:3751520)   #2334
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People who drive to the shops flabbergast me. Everything can be ordered online
Old 15 Jul 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3751526)   #2335
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
owrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridowrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't there a famous British driver of the 50's and early 60's that would endeavor to participate in certain conjugal activities the night before a big event to relax and improve stamina?
Old 16 Jul 2017, 07:06 (Ref:3751575)   #2336
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Does that apply to an international licence as well?

I did wonder how some of the drivers we see at the PA events were getting past any type of medical?!!!
I have my usual Int C license.No SR ecg required.Had a 90 klm round trip to the specified optitians though.(Dont know if the owner is on the DMSB board though)
Old 16 Jul 2017, 07:10 (Ref:3751576)   #2337
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by owrforever View Post
Wasn't there a famous British driver of the 50's and early 60's that would endeavor to participate in certain conjugal activities the night before a big event to relax and improve stamina?
Norman Grimshaw had some racesiut patches made"Never race on a full scr----m."you can fill in the missing letters.
I have one somewhere.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3751580)   #2338
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Norman Grimshaw had some racesiut patches made"Never race on a full scr----m."you can fill in the missing letters.
I have one somewhere.

I wonder where the rest of them are?
Old 16 Jul 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3751583)   #2339
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by owrforever View Post
Wasn't many French drivers promoting this kind of activity just before the race It works with tennis though!
Old 20 Jul 2017, 06:17 (Ref:3752977)   #2340
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So, no more credit card surcharges from Jan 2018! Great news for when booking flights and ferries.....

But- How long before the companies and organisations charging at the moment find another way of getting the extra dosh out of us?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 06:39 (Ref:3752979)   #2341
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So, no more credit card surcharges from Jan 2018! Great news for when booking flights and ferries.....

But- How long before the companies and organisations charging at the moment find another way of getting the extra dosh out of us?

There'll be a sudden rush of bookings in January - that'll push the prices up...

It's been so quiet here I thought you'd all gone on holiday!
Old 20 Jul 2017, 07:03 (Ref:3752983)   #2342
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Not long!
Old 20 Jul 2017, 07:16 (Ref:3752986)   #2343
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:

The classic is "currency exchange"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Jul 2017, 07:27 (Ref:3752989)   #2344
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It's been so quiet here I thought you'd all gone on holiday!
Just watched the movie Dunkirk. Did you? I dont expect any sun tan, holidays will be spent under a Miata and a Capri!
Old 20 Jul 2017, 07:34 (Ref:3752992)   #2345
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Just watched the movie Dunkirk. Did you? I dont expect any sun tan, holidays will be spent under a Miata and a Capri!
I didn't know Dunkerque was out. I was rather put-off when I read a story about how it had been dumbed-down to suit the modern generation - ie no mention of Churchill or anything like that.

I haven't had a holiday since 1991 so no idea what they are really like. I'll get a tan mowing grass etc. Etc being weeds - having endured first a dandelion plague, then stinging nettles that are growing everywhere this year, now it's giant thistles...
Old 20 Jul 2017, 08:32 (Ref:3752998)   #2346
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I'd like to point out that in 35 years of trading I've never added a transaction charge Perhaps it'll make pricing more transparent - some hope!

Once I had a carrier contract, competitive price. The very first invoice came through with a "fuel surcharge" on it taking the unit price above their competitors. Don't recall getting a "fuel refund" when the price fell. :ROFL:

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 20 Jul 2017, 08:33 (Ref:3752999)   #2347
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Happy birthday MG David
Old 20 Jul 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3753004)   #2348
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Happy birthday MG David
Felicitations and many of them Davy, no mention of the mileage I notice.
Old 20 Jul 2017, 09:09 (Ref:3753007)   #2349
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy birthday David.
Old 20 Jul 2017, 09:30 (Ref:3753018)   #2350
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I believe one careful owner
Closed Thread