Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Aug 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2521277)   #1
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Commodore Cup Champ Guilty of Serious Assault

With all the press about players in various codes of Football (mostly Rugby League) and their bad behaviour, local motorsport is now in on the act with Commodore Cup Champion Michael Tancredi remanded for sentencing for his part in a brutal assault on a man in Geelong back in 2007.
Full Story
Old 14 Aug 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2521303)   #2
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read with interest that you reported that Tancredi participated in a viscous attack.

Sorry to do this IPL but........

"Does that make him a slippery character ? "
Old 14 Aug 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2521312)   #3
inpitlane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
I read with interest that you reported that Tancredi participated in a viscous attack.

Sorry to do this IPL but........

"Does that make him a slippery character ? "
Either that or very thick.
Ooops Spellcheck fails again.
Thanks Rachel
Old 14 Aug 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2521326)   #4
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
Damm Microsoft..
Old 15 Aug 2009, 23:03 (Ref:2522091)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess this guy doesn't have a poker machine fuelled club to pay the victim hush money like those NRL scallywags.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 03:16 (Ref:2522718)   #6
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this mean that he won't be racing at Oran Park then?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 26 Aug 2009, 07:02 (Ref:2528344)   #7
inpitlane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Does this mean that he won't be racing at Oran Park then?
And not ever.

Quote:
Australian Commodore Cup Champion Michael Tancredi has been sentenced to four years jail after pleading guilty to a violent bashing that left a young Geelong man in a coma for 24 hours.

Judge Anthony Howard sentenced Tancredi to a minimum jail term of two years and eight months. Tancredi's friend Andrew Pamvouxoglou was given a three-year jail term with two years non-parole.

It was not the first time Tancredi had faced the court with two prior convictions for assault.

Judge Howard told the court that he needed to send a strong message that violence was not acceptable on Geelong's streets.

He called for greater control of drinking and behaviour in licensed venues, more police on the streets and firm sentencing in the courts.

Tancredi won last year's Commodore Cup series and is currently lying in sixth place as the series heads to Oran Park next weekend.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 07:32 (Ref:2528355)   #8
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
More detail HERE & HERE

With a two year, eight month minimum, one might surmise his chance at a shot at the Supercar circus might be all-over-red-rover by the time he gets out ?
Old 26 Aug 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2528364)   #9
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
More detail HERE & HERE

With a two year, eight month minimum, one might surmise his chance at a shot at the Supercar circus might be all-over-red-rover by the time he gets out ?

Actually Rachel, I think you'll find his shot at the Supercar circus was all-over-red-rover by the time he was fingerprinted.....
Old 26 Aug 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2528372)   #10
bison69
Rookie

bison69 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think you will find his shot at the V8 Supercar Championship was never going to happen.....Just because a lawyer gets up in court and states that his client is a "potential V8 supercar driver" with the intention of getting him off the hook doesn't give the man driving talent or a budget (as we know in motorsport the 2 don't necessarily go together)........

2 years in the big house, that's a lot of laps in your head.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2528417)   #11
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You lot really are unbelievable....I cannot believe you people actually are for putting him in the slammer... Hang your heads in shame....

I believe Michael didnt get a fair sentence because of his status in the community. For christs sakes Rapists get lighter sentences than this!! I would have least expected probation and community serivce not prison! Is this what we want?! Innocent people in jail?! The bloke didnt die!?

Michael admitted he did it (obviously) which made the judges decision easier, but at least he didnt lie in court and say he didnt do it! That's shows the guy was man enough to admit he did it!! I like to think he was provoked. You dont punch some bloke waiting for a taxi if you arent provoked.

Give the guy a fair sentence!!
Old 26 Aug 2009, 10:06 (Ref:2528423)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thats funny prickly goo, are you his mum
Old 26 Aug 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2528428)   #13
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
thats funny prickly goo, are you his mum
No.. Just someone who believes in fair sentences to fair honest people.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2528432)   #14
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair honest people who have twice been previously convicted of serious assault? There's no such thing.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2528437)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
maybe PG you believe rapists should have harsher sentences
Old 26 Aug 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2528454)   #16
lavenlaar
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
lavenlaar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too do believe that he should have gotten a lighter sentence.

Quote:
"The judge said a strong message needed to be sent to the community that violence was not acceptable on Geelong's streets."
So, does this make him the patsy because of his known stature ? Is the sentence back dated to the date of the event? if so he'll be out very shortly. But the judge has now set a precedent for any assult cases..... imho - dangerous stuff
Old 26 Aug 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2528700)   #17
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly_Goo View Post
You lot really are unbelievable....I cannot believe you people actually are for putting him in the slammer... Hang your heads in shame....

I believe Michael didnt get a fair sentence because of his status in the community. For christs sakes Rapists get lighter sentences than this!! I would have least expected probation and community serivce not prison! Is this what we want?! Innocent people in jail?! The bloke didnt die!?

Michael admitted he did it (obviously) which made the judges decision easier, but at least he didnt lie in court and say he didnt do it! That's shows the guy was man enough to admit he did it!! I like to think he was provoked. You dont punch some bloke waiting for a taxi if you arent provoked.

He got one. A fair sentence that is.

Apparently he has a history of bashing people.

This is his third conviction for assault. Not the first. The third.

Ultimately he has to learn you don't solve problems with bashing peoples brains out. The victim was in a coma and spent six months in rehab. Could have easily died.

Regardless of whether you are provoked or not, you don't go around flogging people on streets.

Great of him to admit it and all but do your time, be a good boy and get out of jail and be a responsible citizen.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2529148)   #18
bison69
Rookie

bison69 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I believe Michael didnt get a fair sentence because of his status in the community.
Please explain??

I am from this "community" and trust me, apart from the recent media coverage surrounding his court case nobody in Geelong would know who he is apart from his friends..

Status in the community, turn it up.........
Old 27 Aug 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2529618)   #19
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
He got one. A fair sentence that is.

Apparently he has a history of bashing people.

This is his third conviction for assault. Not the first. The third.

Ultimately he has to learn you don't solve problems with bashing peoples brains out. The victim was in a coma and spent six months in rehab. Could have easily died.

Regardless of whether you are provoked or not, you don't go around flogging people on streets.

Great of him to admit it and all but do your time, be a good boy and get out of jail and be a responsible citizen.

If I was the guy in the coma, I would've expected him to get more than two-odd years - bashed and left to die. Regardless of the fact he admitted it, he still did it. Why does the fact he admitted to it encourage some people to think that he should have a more lenient sentence?
Before you question my motives, I have met Michael before. Only once and only briefly. He certainly wasn't the type of person who I thought was capable of performing this act - not once, but thrice.

I do agree, however, that the Australian legal system is a bit of a joke when cases are not dealt with on precedent.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 28 Aug 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2529635)   #20
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
link

Quote:
Geelong V8 Supercar hopeful one of two guilty of brutal city bashing

Karen Matthews

August 13th, 2009
The court heard Michael Tancredi was a talented race car driver.

TWO thugs, one with the potential to become a V8 Supercar driver, have admitted to a street bashing that left another man in a coma with serious head injuries.

Michael Tancredi, 26, of Glenville Drive, Highton, and Andrew Pamvouxoglou, 26, formerly of Hendy Main Rd, Moriac, pleaded guilty in Geelong County Court yesterday to recklessly causing serious injury.

Crown prosecutor Paul Darcy said that about 1am on June 14, 2007, the victim left the Eureka Hotel and walked to Moorabool St to catch a cab home when he was set upon first by Tancredi and then Pamvouxoglou.

Mr Darcy said a cab driver parked nearby said she looked across and saw one man slumping down in a shopfront and another male, Tancredi, kick the victim twice to the upper body.

"She then saw a second man (Pamvouxoglou) walk over and kick the victim twice to the upper body before both men got into a car and drove off," he said.

Mr Darcy said a security guard, alerted to the assault, arrived in time to see the victim lying unconscious on the ground.

"The security guard said he saw one male run in and kick the victim in the body and that the two males were clearly giving it to a man unable to fight back," Mr Darcy said.

"Tancredi later told police he pulled up in his car and saw a male in a phone box, yelling and screaming.

"Tancredi said he asked the victim what his caper was, that the victim took a few paces, turned around and appeared angry.

"The accused told police he did not know whether he was going to be attacked or not, so he front-kicked the victim away twice before punching him in the jaw."

Mr Darcy said Pamvouxoglou told police Tancredi asked the victim what his caper was and a scuffle developed between the pair.

"He said Tancredi punched the victim to the jaw, he went to the ground and Pamvouxoglou kicked the victim twice."

Mr Darcy said the victim was taken to The Alfred where he remained in a coma for 24 hours with bleeding from the brain.

"He spent six months undergoing rehabilitation, lost his job as a tiler and remains depressed, suffers low self-esteem and feels robbed of the happiness and confidence he once had," Mr Darcy said.

James McQuillan, for Tancredi, said his client conceded he may have reacted too quickly and did something he should not have done.

Mr McQuillan said that despite having two priors for assault, Tancredi was of otherwise good character.

He said Tancredi was running the family's concreting business, engaged to an accountant and was well known and respected in motor racing circles as having the potential to become a V8 Supercar driver.

Tim Bourke, for Pamvouxoglou, said his client had no priors, was running his own fish and chip shop and saving to build his own house.

Mr Bourke said his client apologised unreservedly to the victim and his family for the assault.

Judge Anthony Howard revoked bail and remanded both men in custody for sentencing on August 21

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Jun 2010, 22:33 (Ref:2717609)   #21
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly_Goo View Post

Congratulations Prickly_Goo, the Victorian Court of Appeal clearly agreed with you on this one.....

Aspiring V8 Supercar driver has sentance cut.
Old 24 Jun 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2717630)   #22
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Congratulations Prickly_Goo, the Victorian Court of Appeal clearly agreed with you on this one.....

Aspiring V8 Supercar driver has sentance cut.
What an absolute joke. 2 prior assaults, and they still get it reduced. I didn't think it was possible but this country is getting worse. You get more time for a speeding offence nowadays......
Old 25 Jun 2010, 01:05 (Ref:2717635)   #23
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just viciously beat the guy in a cowardly manner sir. I just wanted to prove my manliness...I didn't think he would get hurt...what a joke.

So how does this play against the 'One Punch can Kill' ad campaign? Should have got his sentence doubled...

Has CAMS taken action over his driving career?
Old 25 Jun 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2717771)   #24
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo View Post
Has CAMS taken action over his driving career?
Does a criminal conviction have anything to do with a racing license?
Old 25 Jun 2010, 12:01 (Ref:2717790)   #25
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, but I imagine it has something to do with getting sponsorship. Or not.