Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Jul 2003, 08:38 (Ref:669132)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Legend Festival - 2nd/3rd August - Anglesey

Anyone going?
Old 23 Jul 2003, 09:09 (Ref:669156)   #2
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes,
Me and a few others,

are you coming over?
Ian
Old 23 Jul 2003, 09:27 (Ref:669165)   #3
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dam blast and dam agin!

That's one meet I'd love to get to, but I can't!

Have a great time folks!
Old 23 Jul 2003, 09:34 (Ref:669170)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Trying to see if finances can be raised but would certainly like to!
Old 23 Jul 2003, 17:06 (Ref:669605)   #5
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there as usual!

To everyone out there, if you can get along to Anglesey please come along you won't regret it.
Old 24 Jul 2003, 06:52 (Ref:670022)   #6
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
PaulPerkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to make it to this one, but kitchen building is taking precedence at the moment
Old 24 Jul 2003, 07:15 (Ref:670036)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Kaybee & I will be there!
Old 24 Jul 2003, 07:20 (Ref:670039)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IT is my birthday on Sunday the 3rd and at the begining of the season I decided that Anglesey was going to be the place I spent the weekend, specifically to watch the racing...enter the IN-LAWS stage left (cue booos and hisses) with the rather selfish timing of their 50th wedding anniversary celebrations and all of a sudden my plans are in ruins still I have said no to helping set up the do and am going to take kids to Donington for the sports cars on the Saturday and come hell or high water I'm spending the Sunday at Rockingham
Old 24 Jul 2003, 07:49 (Ref:670052)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Ok now I feel bad. On the options for that weekend are:
  • 2 day SuperMoto at Punchestown (with marshals' BBQ on Sat nite, with my one of my favourite groups of marshals)
  • 3 day speed event up North (with another of my favourite groups of marshals)
  • 2 day kart event at Mondello which Shinner's brother is racing in
  • 1 day Classic event at Castle Combe which I have an invite for
  • 2 day Legend Festival at Anglesey

Funny thing - a couple of weeks ago, I thought I had that weekend free...............

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 24 Jul 2003 at 07:50.
Old 24 Jul 2003, 20:30 (Ref:670565)   #10
Col Matin
Rookie

Col Matin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there as usual hope the weathers fine !!
Old 25 Jul 2003, 09:41 (Ref:670928)   #11
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Col Matin
I'll be there as usual hope the weathers fine !!
Looks like all the usual suspects, then!

Welcome to ten-tenths, Col.....didn't know you could work one of them new-fangled computer thingies!

Last edited by Dave Brand; 25 Jul 2003 at 09:42.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:20 (Ref:671182)   #12
CookieMonster
Rookie

Wales
Manchester
CookieMonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For my first post on this forum: I say go to Anglesey! My "home" home is very near (Nottingham is my student home), and Anglesey was the circuit I did my second ever meeting as a marshal. It's so friendly and open, although you do tend to get a fair amount of wind = dust storms on a dry day and spray storms form the sea on a duller day, but it's somewhere every marshal should go to!
Old 27 Jul 2003, 12:33 (Ref:672441)   #13
P R Oban
Rookie

United Kingdom
P R Oban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be there for sure.

Legends + Anglesey =

Check out the link for photos from last years meeting http://www.legends-cars.com/pgallery1.php
Old 27 Jul 2003, 20:30 (Ref:672651)   #14
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
[B] Ok now I feel bad. On the options for that weekend are:

[[*] 2 day kart event at Mondello which Shinner's brother is racing in

Hey EP.... I can help you narrow it down slightly.... Cos Con aint racing the karts next weekend, erm due to lack of "racetrack" and 165 Euro to race on the emmmm "racetrack:
Old 28 Jul 2003, 00:06 (Ref:672843)   #15
Hybrid
Racer

Hybrid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone gets there and takes some pics please let me know
I love these Legends.Had a look at the site that PR Oban posted - great racing, Can,t wait to have a go here in Oz.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 14:19 (Ref:673346)   #16
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Legend guys have also promised something for the Marshals Raffle as well.....looking forward to the first of two great weekends on Anglesey!
Old 28 Jul 2003, 16:48 (Ref:673462)   #17
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Ok we're booked and ready to rock - anyone know who the chief marshal is?

Cya'll there!
Old 28 Jul 2003, 16:49 (Ref:673463)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shinners
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Ok now I feel bad. On the options for that weekend are:

[[*] 2 day kart event at Mondello which Shinner's brother is racing in

Hey EP.... I can help you narrow it down slightly.... Cos Con aint racing the karts next weekend, erm due to lack of "racetrack" and 165 Euro to race on the emmmm "racetrack:
Ok well then cool that I don't need to worry about doing karts and pooh that Con isn't getting to race

Wanna come to Anglesey?
Old 28 Jul 2003, 18:56 (Ref:673600)   #19
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
anyone know who the chief marshal is?

Margaret Simpson - I'll PM you with contact details.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 08:08 (Ref:675015)   #20
P R Oban
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just received the instructions for this weekend, looks like a busy weekend

9.15-9.40 Sign on (both days)
SATURDAY RACING

1. Scottish Legends
2. National Legends
3. Caterham Graduate
4. Scottish Legends
5. 2CV
6. National Legends
7. Caterham Graduate
8. Scottish Legends
9. Europa Engineering
10. National Legends Final

SUNDAY RACING

11. Scottish Legends
12. Caterham Super Graduate
13. Caterham Graduate
14. National Legends
15. Scottish Legends
16. 2CV Endurance Race (1Hour)
17. Europa Engineering
18. National Legends
19. Scottish Legends Final
20. Caterham Graduate
21. National Legends Final
22. Caterham Super Graduate

Looks like the weathers going to get better http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2547&links trouble is that only brings out the watersport bods (slow trip home on the A55), never mind here's to a great weekend by the sea
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:04 (Ref:675057)   #21
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
And we'll have fun fun fun until the Legend takes the tyres away.........
Old 3 Aug 2003, 22:25 (Ref:679012)   #22
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Photographs are up at http://www.marshalspost.com/gallery/97.html

Quote:
Never pass up the chance to suck one of Evil Pumpkins mellons.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 11:35 (Ref:679460)   #23
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great Pictures Grant!
I must say that the chap in the piccy with EP and the bits from the caterhams, is rather dashing, don't you think! (LOL)

Seriously, thanks for your company over the weekend and I'll pop over to MP one day to get my own back!!

Mark
Old 4 Aug 2003, 12:06 (Ref:679489)   #24
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I think a word of thanks to BARC (NW) should be noted here for a truly excellent weekend of club motorsport!
I think there were 22 races over the two days and it all seemed to go without a hitch!
We had sun, sea, dust, more dust, legends, loads of legends, catherhams, blood, sweat, tears, laughter, excellent company and great racing!

For me the highlight, as always has to be the Chief Marshals radio broadcast to her subjects, with the raffle numbers! This makes Terry Wogan sound like an amateur!
Roll on next weekend!!
Mark
Old 4 Aug 2003, 13:09 (Ref:679583)   #25
P R Oban
Rookie

United Kingdom

Got to aggree with Mark, a truly fantastic weekend was had by all.

I can't remember the last time i saw so much overtaking!! legends going 4 abreast into corners 2CVs going 3 abreast and the Caterhams just making a total hash of it, any post without a peice of caterham was considered unucky.

Can't wait for the 16th of this month another dose of legends at Oulton.