Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 May 2004, 05:57 (Ref:974027)   #51
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
Camembert has a gentle and soft smell. Some other cheeses are far, far more terrible : Epoisses, Munster, Maroilles.
...They stink so good !
Don't try to bring some back home, they smell even through the Tupperware.
Pascal ..... thanks youve just ruined my bloody life mate !!! If my brother sees this the whole of De Houx annex will smell like a giant foOT !!!
Old 18 May 2004, 10:05 (Ref:974166)   #52
vollpower
Rookie

Ireland
Waterford
vollpower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yum! Yum!
Old 18 May 2004, 12:43 (Ref:974328)   #53
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Pascal ..... thanks youve just ruined my bloody life mate !!! If my brother sees this the whole of De Houx annex will smell like a giant foOT !!!
try some goat cheese instead : it makes wonderful sandwiches, without the perfume...

Anyway, you'll stick side of the track, I assume... so why bother of Le Houx Annexe layby ? Hey ! there's an idea to have a larger space to camp !

Woohoohoo !

Sorry, I'm really cheerful, weather is just great and i had a meal by the sea...
Old 18 May 2004, 13:39 (Ref:974381)   #54
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
Camembert has a gentle and soft smell. Some other cheeses are far, far more terrible : Epoisses, Munster, Maroilles.
...They stink so good !
Don't try to bring some back home, they smell even through the Tupperware.
Ive never in my life heard someone say "They stink so good" !!! ..... Is it possible to have a "good stink" ?

I cant wait to get to my favourite place on earth , not long now . Im getting all excited and starting to plan for 2005 already !!! Wooohoooo
Old 18 May 2004, 14:27 (Ref:974429)   #55
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now leaving Dover Calais on Friday morning about 8am. I'll be driving my blue Subaru Impreza with St Georges cross flag draped over the boot flowing in the wind and obscuring my brake lights
The other group in our little party will be in a new Silver AMG Merc CLK. Give us a wave and say hi if you spot us!!
Old 18 May 2004, 14:40 (Ref:974441)   #56
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The final piece in the Jig saw arrived today The Grandstand Tickets. So we (6) will be leaving on the Monday driving down to Portsmouth picking up various members on route, overnight in pompey good warm up for the main event. Ferry to Caen Tuesday am camped in Karting Nord by tea time and hopefully basking in the sunshine. Anybody else in Karting Nord this year

Can't wait for the fun to start
Old 18 May 2004, 14:42 (Ref:974445)   #57
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Forgot this year and from now on to be known as the Le Mans Beemonsters for obvious reasons though we could make a come back if the Bentley's do

Last edited by Bentley Beermon; 18 May 2004 at 14:43.
Old 18 May 2004, 14:48 (Ref:974449)   #58
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Bee (!) Monsters? Interesting choice of name -
- plenty of honey(s) to be camping with you???
Old 18 May 2004, 15:34 (Ref:974482)   #59
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Bee Monsters ? her...Wasps ? her... No ! Hornets !!!
Old 19 May 2004, 08:52 (Ref:975206)   #60
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Bee Monsters ? her...Wasps ? her... No ! Hornets !!!

Obviously Beermonsters (Sorry) I sure this not the first nor the last Typo

See you in 3 weeks
Old 19 May 2004, 08:54 (Ref:975208)   #61
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield

Must Check the T Shirts now
Old 20 May 2004, 17:02 (Ref:976778)   #62
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My dad, his mate Doug (an LM virgin), and myself leave San Francisco on Tuesday, arrive in Paris Wednesday, stay in Paris Wednesday night, drive to Le Mans on Thursday morning to catch evening qualifying. We're staying at a B&B in Mulsanne.

Do we get the prize for longest distance travelled?
Old 20 May 2004, 19:09 (Ref:976899)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure about that Neil?

Anyone covering a greater mileage?
Old 20 May 2004, 21:04 (Ref:977018)   #64
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is my 22nd year on the bounce, but hopefully the most special one for personal reasons.

this year, i'm driving up from the gironde region (dept 33) at 4am saturday. i'll part way through a 2 week break in france. on my return back to the south west of france on sunday night i'm asking my girlfriend if she'll marry me! can't ask b4 the race, cos if she says "no" i'll be pi**ed off. can't ruin the race can we?!!!
Old 20 May 2004, 21:52 (Ref:977074)   #65
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck, she's not a ten-tenths member then?
Old 20 May 2004, 22:17 (Ref:977097)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Come on, is she likely to say no? Surely not?
Old 20 May 2004, 22:58 (Ref:977128)   #67
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be going to Le Mans this year, not missed a race since being a virgin back in 1986! I had intended to travel by car using my trusty MG ZT 190+ V6 but changed my mind at the last mo and will be flying now. Depart Luton circa 11.00am Thursday and arrive at Charles De Galle an hour later. Having booked a Renault Megane hire car, our gang consisting of Me, Alan and Jeepster will travel to Allencon where we shall be staying in a hotel. Will meet up with 'our' party, all MG drivers, modern stuff by the way, ZR's, ZS', ZT's and even the new MG ZT V8. Convoy down to circuit. Strike the tents in Houx Annex, bimble around and then back to Allencon ready for Friday to meet a team/drivers that we've an appointment with.

PRF
Old 20 May 2004, 23:03 (Ref:977133)   #68
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by simon c
on my return back to the south west of france on sunday night i'm asking my girlfriend if she'll marry me! can't ask b4 the race, cos if she says "no" i'll be pi**ed off. can't ruin the race can we?!!! [/B]
What can you say to that? Let's hope it all works out for you!

Good Luck
Old 21 May 2004, 00:23 (Ref:977175)   #69
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
baptism of fire for me and elder bro';
no satnav this time!.... he's crossing the pond (with the tickets I assume) so it's down to me and a blue wedge of dagenham's finest! His fourth, my third pilgrimage.

would love to meet some of you, to smoke as well as drink!
Old 21 May 2004, 07:06 (Ref:977314)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by PRF
I shall be going to Le Mans this year, not missed a race since being a virgin back in 1986!

Snap!
Old 21 May 2004, 09:47 (Ref:977473)   #71
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I've missed a couple in the early nineties but, I have been going sine '84
Old 21 May 2004, 10:56 (Ref:977537)   #72
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've only been thirteen times, but this year will mean that I have been to Le Mans for half the years I've been alive! (I missed 1992 due to exams!)
Old 21 May 2004, 11:18 (Ref:977562)   #73
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I've only been thirteen times...
same here, the last 13
Old 21 May 2004, 18:37 (Ref:978015)   #74
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Snap!
and the strangest thing is that I didn't know poor old Jo Gartner had died whilst at speed down the Mulsanne Straight in the Kremer Kenwood Porsche 962. Very sad, found out only when I returned home!

Now of course, there is Radio Le Mans.

PRF
Old 21 May 2004, 20:54 (Ref:978112)   #75
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
That brings back memories, Bill, My first trip to LeMans in 1983, I took my mark 4 Austin Healey Sprite, had a great time except for the clutch blowing up as we pulled into the car park on Thursday afternoon. Sunday evening, slightly worse for wear we pulled the engine and gearbox out by hand and changed the clutch and drove back with it running perfectly - why I spent £50.00 on RAC breakdown cover I'll never know!
I hope that isn't prophetic, but it'll be Lara's second time now so I'm not too worried. Also there are three of us in the party who are AA patrols and there will be enough tow ropes to get us home... I can't imagine why you were slightly the worse for wear though... Oh, yes I see. Suddenly all becomes clear, pop along for a chat and a beer if we're at home on HA. Driving home Monday morning..

Bill