Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Closed Thread

Old 10 Dec 2004, 12:26 (Ref:1176097)   #1276
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Hey Guys..

Downloaded Brandshatch 67 last night and did a few laps so should be there for the race I hope.

Anyways would anyone be interested in having a race at Aldo Scibante sometime. Its my local track back in South Africa.. Nice and short and easy to learn. Let me know.. Cheers
Coogz

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 19:11 (Ref:1176438)   #1277
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jeremy - see my post in the TTFRL thread. Let me know which version you downloaded. I'd like to think I could get on VROC some time over the weekend, but no guarantees. I don't have Aldo yet.....
Old 17 Dec 2004, 13:13 (Ref:1181837)   #1278
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I'm on leave after today until 29th December, I'm hoping to get some time in on VROC. I may even try and host a Brands race before Tuesday night, just to see what the Lite version is like online. Goodness knows when I'll be online (or if), but I'll try and post here beforehand.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 20:36 (Ref:1182105)   #1279
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cool.
I'm off until January 12th.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 22:27 (Ref:1182191)   #1280
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lucky wotsit. Make the most of it p, when you have to work for a living you'll yearn for the hols you had while you were at school........

Tomorrow night is looking like a possibility for me and VROC. I'll confirm tomorrow.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 18:56 (Ref:1182689)   #1281
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
On now, but it could be for a matter of minutes only - another change of plans by the missus....
Old 6 May 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1294341)   #1282
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old thread ressurection!

I haven't driven GPL seriously for a bit and I'm using a new machine since the end of last season, so I was thinking of hosting something later on. Perhaps around 7-7:30pm.

If anyone is about and would like to come and join me in a bit of grass cutting I'll fire up a server. Somewhere simple to start with so perhaps Monza?
Old 6 May 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1294404)   #1283
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Well I have squash tonight.. will be in at about 8 i guess... but down wait for me.. ill see if I can make it...

I havnt driven at all since the last race!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 6 May 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1294490)   #1284
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Could be up for it - depends on what time I get back from the gym..........
Old 7 May 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1295226)   #1285
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be on VROC for a bit if anyone is about.
Old 7 May 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1295289)   #1286
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, that last race wasn't so bad afterall for me.
Did a low-27 in the Lotus at Monaco, was consistently in the 27s and 28s.
Certainly the feeling is coming back
Old 7 May 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1295293)   #1287
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Nice one p. If it had been a bit earlier I would have joined you.

It's coming back for me too. Earlier tonight I was on a server with p at Monaco. I was driving the Brab and hadn't driven that car/track combination since the last TTFRL race there. Within 5 laps I was back down in the 1:27's, albeit 0.5 off my PB.

Monaco is just great. The trick is to take it really easy and keep everything tidy. In the car you get the impression that you're driving excruitiatingly slow, but the laptimes just plummet.

Later on I got a low-ish 1:28 at Monza. I just can't seem to break into the 1:27's. One day I will!

Last edited by Spudgun; 7 May 2005 at 22:24. Reason: Typo
Old 7 May 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1295296)   #1288
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
The first race was terrible. I did 2 1:34s and a 1:32.77 It didn't feel that slow, except for the chicane which I couldn't even take flat anymore...
Old 11 Jun 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1325645)   #1289
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Adelaide practice server

I'll be running another Adelaide practice server at 8PM BST.

Practice: 1 hour
Race: int short

If anyone needs the password see me in VROC or chat or send me a PM.

Hope to see you there.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1597769)   #1290
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
The server is up at the moment.

Int Short.
30 minutes practice.
Track cycle: Monza, Watkins Glen, Silversone.

I'll try to remember to post when I bring it up, but also when I take it down again! This is hopefully a short-term solution since I plan to write a 'server status' routine into the website.
Old 30 Apr 2006, 01:17 (Ref:1597867)   #1291
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
I've shut the server down for tonight. I was monitoring VROC and a couple of people joined and had a few laps.

I'll have it running again tomorrow. If anyone is going to be around and has any suggestions for track cycles let me know.
Old 30 Apr 2006, 13:55 (Ref:1598138)   #1292
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
The server is up and running again. Same settings as before.

Int Short.
30 minutes practice.

Incidentally, I mentioned in the other thread that the ping data wasn't working, but after about half an hour of running last night it started to work. It's working again today so races are now showing as green (for me anyway!). I don't know why it did that, but I'm not going to complain!
Old 1 May 2006, 01:49 (Ref:1598452)   #1293
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
The server is now down.
Old 2 May 2006, 16:57 (Ref:1599473)   #1294
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
The server is up at the moment.

Int Short.
30 minutes practice.
Old 2 May 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1599748)   #1295
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
It's now down.

That was an interesting session. I saw that someone was on there just before I was about to shut it down and I logged on to see who it was. It turns out it was carsreunited so I thought I'd go out for a few laps. The next thing I know we we have 8 people in total who were reporting good latency. Can't be bad!