Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 May 2007, 11:48 (Ref:1904920)   #35
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives!
Full credit to the FPA guys also, the 3rd race was a cracker with the power boost being used to the max. On Friday afternoon I noticed 3 of the 'boys' from the sharp end of race 3, walking the GP loop, laughing and joking, little did I know that they were to take things so seriously come the racing !

Robbie starred (great post race do'nuts) as did the ultra cool Nico and Brands looked superb, thanks to the marshals managing to repair various tyre barriers, the grabber drivers were certainly kept busy.

I only caught 1 FFord race which Freddie Hunt managed not to cover himself with glory in and missed both S2000 races. I thought that the BRITCAR and Historic tourers spread themselves out well on the GP Loop although the safety car appeared perhaps a little too often.

As we left through the Paddock exit on Sunday, we noticed a crowd of people peering over a bridge onto the M20 waving to the Gumball 3000 gang, just then, that very noisy Ferrari Enzo passed by followed by the Bugatti Veyron and others. The end to a great weekend.
When we were on our way back from watching A1 in Zolder last year we noticed laods of people hanging over every bridge on the way up to London from the port. Then all of a sudden we saw why as an array of Gumball cars travelling south appeared in the opposite direction. They are quite a spectacle. Every mile or so there seemed to be a Police Car or bike travelling at 70mph in the middle or outside lane to keep them in check.

It was good to see the Veron 'in the flesh' so as to speak and on track even if it was at a farly pedestrian pace..