Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 2 Aug 2002, 14:23 (Ref:348738)   #1
Steve Higgs
Rookie

Steve Higgs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MST Timing

Now everyone has had to buy the timers from MST, why aren't the results getting posted on their site?
Old 2 Aug 2002, 15:23 (Ref:348771)   #2
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: MST Timing

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Higgs
Now everyone has had to buy the timers from MST, why aren't the results getting posted on their site?
I wish I knew..

No mention of Lydden, or indeed the Croft BARC meeting at the weekend. I wanted to check the BM times, but to no avail.

Anyone know who we bombard with emails or phone calls to complain ?

Stacy
Old 3 Aug 2002, 11:10 (Ref:349259)   #3
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've 'spoken' to MST about this... It depends who's in charge of the timing at the circuit.. If you look at your sheets from Croft you'll see that S.M.A.R.T. did the timing there (as at all the other circuits that you don't get times for)... It's only at the circuits where MST do the timing that you'll get information on their site.

Not sure how/who to get more of the times on there, as it's a really good feature, plus the PDF files are very very useful!! Not too sure who's in charge of this.... Club? circuits? other?

EPS

Last edited by ginettag27; 3 Aug 2002 at 11:14.
Old 3 Aug 2002, 16:45 (Ref:349407)   #4
Steve Higgs
Rookie

Makes you wonder if the money was worth it. I can see no benefit from a transponder that the suppliers can get info from, but no one else can & is only used some places.
Old 4 Aug 2002, 00:15 (Ref:349587)   #5
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The curious thing is that the Lydden timesheets are stamped MST..
Old 4 Aug 2002, 09:57 (Ref:349704)   #6
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stacy

Some Lydden results are on their site.. although from time to time they forget to update all of the links, which means that you need to go via the organising club instead - this threw me at first for our result at Oulton.. It wasn't on the calender, but is under the organising club...

Although I've just tried some of the Lydden links and it just says that 'no data currently available...'. I've found the mst people to be quite responsive to e-mails, maybe ask them why the data isn't available...

EPS
Old 4 Aug 2002, 21:07 (Ref:350003)   #7
Steve Higgs
Rookie

the thing is though that teams/drivers have bought the things and now the results aren't being posted. At a time when organisers are saying they need more cars on the track, they increase the cost of a season by the price of a transponder that is only used by the supplier and there does not seem to be any benefit to the competitor.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 13:33 (Ref:352285)   #8
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The organising club employ the timekeepers. MST charge around £2k ! for a meeting. BARC central use their services but BARC SEC decided to use their own timekeepers, or so I thought until Stacy pointed out it has MST on the results sheets ! - curious.
It is disgusting though that we have paid out this money, (in some cases not even to get an AMB transponder), and we're not even getting consistant results.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 14:04 (Ref:352304)   #9
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
I fired off an email to MST on Monday, asking why MST appeared on the timesheets at Lydden, but nothing on the web, and also why our documentation received when being fleeced for the units shows they will put all times on the web, and this isn't being done.

No answer as yet.

Stacy
Old 15 Aug 2002, 20:41 (Ref:358651)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have had an email from MST. They said that whether it goes on the website or not depends which club is running the meeting and the deal they have with MST. I think we knew that, but they pointed out that although the BARC have a deal to put them on the site, the BARC-SE (which do Lydden don't).

They suggested contacting the clubs involved and getting them to agree.

Overall I think it is an excellent service and really does add something.