Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Dec 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2995219)   #326
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the big deal keeping secrets. Just to have more press releases? Built it and go test
Old 5 Dec 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2995519)   #327
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
You mean apart from the tub...or the tires...

Sorry, maybe that is cheap shots at them, I have not kept up with this thing at all, so do not know what parts are locally made.
Oops, I forgot about the big parts! I just had the recent press releases in mind talking about other components as F50GTPlus mentioned.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 13:35 (Ref:2995520)   #328
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
What's the big deal keeping secrets. Just to have more press releases? Built it and go test
I guess maybe they are trying to build some buzz. I would try to wait to announce an engine deal until the car is ready to do a roll out. i think it would look better to have video of the car moving when talking about an engine deal.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 06:11 (Ref:3006026)   #329
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An update http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ra...r-takes-shape/
I still can't help but think, that this thing must have something going for it, with all that talent behind it. We shall see.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3006430)   #330
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking forward to seeing it turn a wheel... Which in this case I think means something slightly different to normal.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 15:51 (Ref:3006438)   #331
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They really need to have an engine in place by now.
Old 3 Jan 2012, 02:15 (Ref:3006611)   #332
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On mulsannes corner facebook page there is some lively discussion, mike has discussed this a bit and it looks like it may perform as intended- certainly a sub 4 minute lap. Who know what they actuallyexpect in face if competition..
Old 3 Jan 2012, 02:57 (Ref:3006616)   #333
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
They really need to have an engine in place by now.
They do. They haven't gone public with it yet.
Old 3 Jan 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3006828)   #334
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
They do. They haven't gone public with it yet.
Good news cheers for clearing that up Mike!
Old 3 Jan 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3006952)   #335
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are they going to use an off-the-shelf WRC engine, can't see the point in going for anything else, developing an engine is the last thing they need with the challenges they face.
Old 4 Jan 2012, 00:57 (Ref:3006962)   #336
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Are they going to use an off-the-shelf WRC engine, can't see the point in going for anything else, developing an engine is the last thing they need with the challenges they face.
If it is a WRC engine we only have 3 options:

BMW engine (Mini Prodrive WRC)

Ford Engine

Citroen Engine.

Assuming that this Deltawing is an American project i assume the Ford engine option is the one, but thath is just my opinion
Old 4 Jan 2012, 01:24 (Ref:3006968)   #337
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
If it is a WRC engine we only have 3 options
Well, the current WRC cars are S2000 (1.6t engine) with some removable add-ons. Also, the same engines (or very similar ones) could be used in S2000 touring cars. So what about Chevrolet's WTCC power plant?
Old 4 Jan 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3007045)   #338
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Well, the current WRC cars are S2000 (1.6t engine) with some removable add-ons. Also, the same engines (or very similar ones) could be used in S2000 touring cars. So what about Chevrolet's WTCC power plant?
Don´t see that coming, nice catch

Your right, a general Motors engine will be very appropriated to their goal.
Old 4 Jan 2012, 18:56 (Ref:3007274)   #339
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So the big elastic band is definitely out then.....?
Old 5 Jan 2012, 04:41 (Ref:3007524)   #340
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So the big elastic band is definitely out then.....?
I thought they were going to use batteries of hamsters.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3014745)   #341
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Delta Wing wins an award already ......http://www.highcroftracing.com/news/...rns-award.html
It may be the only award it wins, and by the way, I'm happy for them, it's just that I think that you win something for achievement, and it's a bit early for that yet.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 03:22 (Ref:3014824)   #342
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bet Highcroft are feeling stupid having soured their relationship with HPD to see other teams snapping the ARX-03a whilst they dumped the majority of their staff and have a 56th entry in Le Mans...
Old 23 Jan 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3015781)   #343
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Being reported on Twitter from Fogelhund that the Europress says the Wing will use a 1.6 Chevy turbo with Flybrid.

Brett Harrington @Fogelhund
Quote:
Europress saying Deltawang will use WTCC Chev Cruze 1.6T DOHC I4 300hp, with Flybrid system #LM24 #ALMS #Sebring #ILMC
Could be interesting!
Old 23 Jan 2012, 17:46 (Ref:3015785)   #344
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
Bet Highcroft are feeling stupid having soured their relationship with HPD to see other teams snapping the ARX-03a whilst they dumped the majority of their staff and have a 56th entry in Le Mans...
I'm pretty sure Highcroft would run an HPD right now if the money were there to do it. It's not.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3015795)   #345
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Flybrid system is news. Chevy S2000 was the logical choice. One step closer for the DeltaWing boys with this confirmation.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3015813)   #346
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Misunderstanding starting from the ACO website unfortunately. The Deltawing, the Flybrid CFT and the WTCC 1.6 l engine in the Cruze all got awards from Race Tech, but the only link between them is that they all got awards on the same evening. Someone at LeMans.org jumped to conclusions.

Compare http://deltawingracing.com/2012/01/b...amicist-award/ to http://www.lemans.org/en/news/A_crop...Wing_6025.html. Not the first time someone in the ACO's press department would jump the gun on speculation starting from something very spurious...
Old 23 Jan 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3015816)   #347
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Misunderstanding starting from the ACO website unfortunately. The Deltawing, the Flybrid CFT and the WTCC 1.6 l engine in the Cruze all got awards from Race Tech, but the only link between them is that they all got awards on the same evening. Someone at LeMans.org jumped to conclusions.
Ooops I still think the Cruze engine is a possibility, but the flybrid system may have been too good to be true, since it adds weight and the DW is about shedding weight.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3015823)   #348
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Not the first time someone in the ACO's press department would jump the gun on speculation starting from something very spurious...
100% agree with you they are absolutely horrendous to be honest. As someone who does a similar job in another sport I know I wouldn't last long if I was making these kinds of errors.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3019374)   #349
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Tire's are in!

Don't know if this has been posted here already but this the first I am seeing of the Delta Wing's tires:

http://www.highcroftracing.com/galle...ltawing-tires/

Bib's smallest fat roll is thicker one of those!

EDIT-

Article to accompany that answered my question:
http://www.highcroftracing.com/news/...es-arrive.html
Old 31 Jan 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3019431)   #350
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I just can't see that tire generating enough grip to turn...Will the front have any down force?