Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Apr 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3062173)   #1
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brendon Hartley 2012

Brendon has tweeted that he has flown out to Bahrain for a seat fitting, good news i guess but all very last minute, any ideas what he might be racing this weekend?
Old 19 Apr 2012, 18:05 (Ref:3062176)   #2
HaydenFan
Racer

HaydenFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche Supercup or GP2
Old 19 Apr 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3062195)   #3
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 with Ocean Racing, instead of Lancaster, confirmed on Twitter.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3062212)   #4
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Nice one Daisy.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3062224)   #5
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gutted for Jon, his career has been ridiculously stop start! Some races in F3 and FR3.5, then a full season in the latter, then a few races in F2 and AutoGP. Very hard to gauge how good he actually is when he's only had 1 stable full season in the last 4 years or so!

Edit: no offence to Brendon, he deserves to be on the grid. Just wish it was instead of a waste of space driver (take your pick from Cecotto, Gonzalez, Trummer, Teixeira or Serenelli)!!!
Old 19 Apr 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3062339)   #6
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
BackmarkerUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv View Post
gutted for Jon, his career has been ridiculously stop start! Some races in F3 and FR3.5, then a full season in the latter, then a few races in F2 and AutoGP. Very hard to gauge how good he actually is when he's only had 1 stable full season in the last 4 years or so!
I agree with you about Lancaster, he looks like he could be a good driver given how quickly he's got up to speed in new series, but he would benefit from a full season in a series. Apparently Lancaster did actually fly to Bahrain with the team, so unless he's had some very sudden money troubles, it seems that he's just fallen ill, so he should be back soon - probably even in time to drive in Bahrain next week. Hopefully that's the case.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3062341)   #7
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackmarkerUK View Post
I agree with you about Lancaster, he looks like he could be a good driver given how quickly he's got up to speed in new series, but he would benefit from a full season in a series. Apparently Lancaster did actually fly to Bahrain with the team, so unless he's had some very sudden money troubles, it seems that he's just fallen ill, so he should be back soon - probably even in time to drive in Bahrain next week. Hopefully that's the case.
Of course he's ill. Just like evry other time he has persuaded a team to put him in for future promises
Old 20 Apr 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3062738)   #8
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackmarkerUK View Post
Lancaster is out due to money issues. But the team hopes to have him back ASAP if he sorts out this situation: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99013
Old 21 Apr 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3062997)   #9
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Looks like the school boy is back in race. The question is, have you learned your lessons? I hope not. 'Cause I'm in the mood to see someone fail. He was down in keens in qualifying.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 08:53 (Ref:3063015)   #10
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Not really sure what you expected from him, it was highly unlikely that he would put it on pole, i have my doubts there have been many race deals sorted out later in the day, (phone call thursday afternoon, fly out thursday evening, seat made and track walk thursday night, qualy friday morning) All he could do was go faster than his team mate which he has done, ok the qualy incident and penalty wasn't ideal but these things happen, lets see how he goes in the race.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3063149)   #11
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
And there you go, from last on the grid into the points, point proven i think.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3063321)   #12
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
And there you go, from last on the grid into the points, point proven i think.
But isn't this the enigma of Brendon Hartley - he keeps putting in these occasional against all odds performances (3rd time he's scored in GP2 after coming in mid-season, winning at Brands with an inferior engine in F3 Euroseries, etc), but he has been unable to be a consistent winner at a level just below F1. He reminds me of Fisichella - great when he's an underdog but can't cut it to win championships.

Last edited by p-matt; 21 Apr 2012 at 22:05.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 00:16 (Ref:3063385)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
But isn't this the enigma of Brendon Hartley - he keeps putting in these occasional against all odds performances (3rd time he's scored in GP2 after coming in mid-season, winning at Brands with an inferior engine in F3 Euroseries, etc), but he has been unable to be a consistent winner at a level just below F1. He reminds me of Fisichella - great when he's an underdog but can't cut it to win championships.
well put. he might have the outright speed of alguersuari, ricciardo and vergne, and when the spotlight is on and the chips are down (so to speak) he's immense, but when everyone's attention is elsewhere...

i hoped he might have sorted that out after being let go by red bull but his drives last year in fr3.5 showed that wasn't the case. let's see how it goes if he can find the budget for this drive for the rest of the season.