Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Sep 2015, 19:10 (Ref:3574062)   #1
Pizzamannen
Rookie

Pizzamannen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ADAC GT Masters Finale Hockenheim

Got my weekend tickets for Hockenheim finale of Adac gt masters.

Im going alone and I've never been to Hockenheim before. Im going Saturday and Sunday, will be coming from Mannheim in the morning.

Quesitions about Hockenheim.
Were will parking most likely be?
Havent really found any good info, only for F1 weekends. And there won't be as many people... i guess.
Best spots for photography?
Got a 400mm lens. Public spots, doesnt need to be grandstands.
Tried to see on google maps if there is a tunnel under the race track from the pits to the other side of the start/finish straight. I only saw a tunnel under the drag strip and after the first corner.

Questions about ADAC GT Masters.
Ive read online that they sell gridwalk tickets only super early for the day and only a few tickets. Is this true and what do they go for?
I saw for most adac gt masters events there is a 30min pitwalk, is this for public?
Ive been to a few Blancpain races, are the cars in adac gt masters and blancpain running the same regulations? or is there a difference?

If you got any other tips, please tell me!

Old 15 Sep 2015, 19:41 (Ref:3574069)   #2
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I think you'll be parking at the F1 parking lot... don't think they'll let you through the tunnel for GT-Masters.

Not sure about the grid walk.

As for photo spots: They will probably not open all grand stands, so your choices are limited without a photo accreditation.

Quote:
Ive been to a few Blancpain races, are the cars in adac gt masters and blancpain running the same regulations? or is there a difference?
Same cars.
Old 15 Sep 2015, 20:26 (Ref:3574079)   #3
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamannen
Best spots for photography?
Got a 400mm lens. Public spots, doesnt need to be grandstands.
Tried to see on google maps if there is a tunnel under the race track from the pits to the other side of the start/finish straight. I only saw a tunnel under the drag strip and after the first corner.
There is a Tunnel next to the main grandstand that gets you to the inside of the circuit close to the Sachs curve. They advertise entrance to the paddock area so I guess that tunnel will be open.
As Speed-King mentioned, most of the grandstands will be closed sadly. The Southern grandstand (Südtribüne) does give you a good view over the Motodrom stadium section and the pit straight. I believe that and the main grandstand were opened for the GT Masters in recent years. If you prefer the cars coming towards you, the infield grandstands (Innentribüne) are probably the better option, plus you'll be closer to the actual track there. I'm not sure if any of these will be opened though.
The track shouldn't be too busy, especially on Saturday so if you arrive early, you can still walk around and find your favourite spots. You'll just have to hope that the tunnel I mentioned is opened, otherwise you'll spend a lot of time walking around the circuit without being able to see anything.
Old 15 Sep 2015, 23:56 (Ref:3574129)   #4
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Apparently Callaway are unveiling the C7 GT3 at Hockenheim so get some pics if you can please
Old 16 Sep 2015, 14:29 (Ref:3574242)   #5
Pizzamannen
Rookie

Pizzamannen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good info!
Cant wait to see the new Callahan C7 GT3. Read that it will be seen in the Paddock somewhere. Ill be looking for it.
Shame that there are alot of grandstands closed, but I guess that having the amount of people spread everywhere would require more staff.

Seems on other adac gt events, that action starts at 8.30 in the morning. So ill try to be there at 7 hanging at the gates. If not even earlier!

Last edited by Pizzamannen; 16 Sep 2015 at 14:44.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 15:11 (Ref:3574257)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Apparently Callaway are unveiling the C7 GT3 at Hockenheim so get some pics if you can please
Looking forward to see that car.