Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 8 Jan 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1497448)   #1
GeorgeTheCar
Rookie

Canada
Port Credit, Ontario, Canada
GeorgeTheCar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame

Hello all,

I was just directed to this thread by a friend.

I am the Chair of the Archvies committee of the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame.

We have been operating an archive for the past 4 years and have collected enough stuff to fill about 1800 sq ft of space.

We have focussed on Canadians in motorsport and have collections of Canada Track and Traffic, Wheelspin News, and most international magazines.

We have a pretty complete set of Canadian road race programs and a wide variety of race results from Eastern Ontario.

We are also members in the Canadian Motorsport History Group which is close to 200 people with access to more information froma cross Canada.

We would be happy to try and answer questions as long as you recognize that we are a volunteer organization and can always use more volunteers.

Any help you can be to get some visibility woudl be greatly appreciated.

Please PM me if interested

Last edited by John Turner; 9 Jan 2006 at 14:39. Reason: Promotion of website, see FAQs but also my post of support below!
Old 8 Jan 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1497488)   #2
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi George

Good to have you here on 10 Tenths. It would be great to get some help from the Archives on this subject.

Some of your projects, such as the scanning of CT&T, are excellent contributions to motor racing research. Which reminds me, should I expect my CD soon?

Best wishes

Allen
Old 9 Jan 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1497889)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, warm welcome indeed, George.

Your first post does effectively promote your website which breaches our own website rules. However, because 10-Tenths would want to support the development of projects such as yours, and because most of what you posted was off the specific topic on the thread in which you posted, the plus side is that you get your own thread! I'm also posting a link from the other thread.

I have, for the reasons stated, edited out your website address but added that any interested volunteers can PM you through the Personal Message service provided by 10-Tenths. If this develops, we will be able to post a direct link to the volunteer section of your website and probably add your website to our 'Cool sites' forum.

Last edited by John Turner; 9 Jan 2006 at 21:39.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 12:27 (Ref:1510707)   #4
GeorgeTheCar
Rookie

Canada
The Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame Archvies is holding an
"Open House"
Saturday February 4th, 2006
10:00 Am - 4:00 PM

703 Petrolia Road, Toronto, Ontario
416 298 1400

We invite all within driving distance to join us!
Old 29 Jan 2006, 12:41 (Ref:1511224)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
George, I'll 'stick' this up until the date of the event.
Old 1 Feb 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1513690)   #6
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeTheCar
The Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame Archvies is holding an
"Open House"
Saturday February 4th, 2006
10:00 Am - 4:00 PM

703 Petrolia Road, Toronto, Ontario
416 298 1400

We invite all within driving distance to join us!
George, it sounds an interesting place. Are you open to the general public on a regular basis. I am going to be in your part of the world this summer and am looking for interesting thing to do when my wife and daughters are shopping!

I love your address by the way
Old 5 Feb 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1515943)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I'm going to 'unstick' this now, George, but it would be be interesting to hear how the open day went, and, of course, your response to Alan's post!
Old 8 Feb 2006, 05:04 (Ref:1517785)   #8
GeorgeTheCar
Rookie

Canada
WE are currently not open on a scheduled or regular basis but for friends from abroad we can make time available. Email or call!

The Open House was a success beyond my fondest dreams. I was hoping for more visitors than volunteers and one estimate had up to 100 visitors. We had some people stay the enire 6 hours that we were open and the most common question was "When are you doing this again?"

Good people, great fun , some new volunteers to help out quest!

Spread the word, we are just getting started!
Old 8 Feb 2006, 08:39 (Ref:1517857)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Excellent news, George; sounds like this is really going places!
Old 8 Feb 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1517887)   #10
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks George. I'm glad it was a success.