Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 31 Dec 2011, 16:13 (Ref:3005888)   #126
roysrover
Rookie

United Kingdom
Doncaster
roysrover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting ideas and thanks.
I spent several years with NSSCC in class B and always found everyone very friendly so in some ways I'd like to return but it has to make economic sense as well as trying to be fair to my son.
I have another option which is for my son (Rover Gti) and I (Rover Tomcat) to run a car each but would the club consider some type of discount entry for two cars?
Peter has a fair idea but I'm not sure how I would feel about not being on the track and watching my car go by.
Whatever happens I think I am going to be leaving it late to decide so I can consider all options.
Happy New Year to everyone at the club. Hope to see some of you at the Specsavers Rally on Monday as I am marshalling.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3006092)   #127
Peter Dixon
Racer

Peter Dixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysrover View Post
Interesting ideas and thanks.
I spent several years with NSSCC in class B and always found everyone very friendly so in some ways I'd like to return but it has to make economic sense as well as trying to be fair to my son.
I have another option which is for my son (Rover Gti) and I (Rover Tomcat) to run a car each but would the club consider some type of discount entry for two cars?
Peter has a fair idea but I'm not sure how I would feel about not being on the track and watching my car go by.
Whatever happens I think I am going to be leaving it late to decide so I can consider all options.
Happy New Year to everyone at the club. Hope to see some of you at the Specsavers Rally on Monday as I am marshalling.
Think you'd struggle to get a discount for 2 cars, but deffo no harm in asking.

Funny enough I've been talking to Richard Johnson about doing a round of the future classics at the end of next year (similar car to mine). It looks like they'll be no Oulton on this years NSSCC calender so fancy a go at that or donny as I haven't been there for years.

I'll be at croft tomorrow supporting my mates nova, canny wait.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3006097)   #128
JeffC
Rookie

JeffC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
happy new year to you all!

after a 3 year break from car racing I am looking forward to getting back on track in 2012.

I will be joining you this year and will be racing in a tintop which will be a first for me! I am on building a car to compete in Class D which seems to be turning out to be the most competitive class from what I could see from the sidelines towards the end of last year the last race was great to watch.

So anyway just saying Hello , oh and If it all goes wrong this year any blame can be put onto young Mr Dixon as it is solely his doing that I am returning!
Old 1 Jan 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3006145)   #129
Peter Dixon
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffC View Post

after a 3 year break from car racing I am looking forward to getting back on track in 2012.

I will be joining you this year and will be racing in a tintop which will be a first for me! I am on building a car to compete in Class D which seems to be turning out to be the most competitive class from what I could see from the sidelines towards the end of last year the last race was great to watch.

So anyway just saying Hello , oh and If it all goes wrong this year any blame can be put onto young Mr Dixon as it is solely his doing that I am returning!
You cant blame me if you get sick of looking at the back of that civic!
Old 1 Jan 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3006215)   #130
indigorallye
Racer

England
Cheshire
indigorallye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysrover View Post
Lesley has made contact by email now but said she only had one email from me. For some reason she says her previous reply bounced back but as it was to my business I find that odd.
Anyway, now we have contact I can ask questions to see if NSSCC is right for 2012.
I share a car with my son in the CSCC series which gives two drivers a race during the 40 minute track time. We would prefer to do shorter races but both get a chance so we are thinking that maybe we could do NSSCC with one driver in the first round of a double header and the second driver in round two but not sure if this is practical or within the present rules.
One club has offered the opportunity to do this but insist the second driver start at the back of the grid in race 2 because they would not have qualified in race 1.
First drawback with NSSCC is that both drivers have to register so £230 to start. I thought registration would apply to the car as it does with CSCC and then each driver only need be a club member.
Brian Allen and Helen Allen share a car.
Helen does the NSSCC and Brian does North West Sports and Saloons (based at Oulton). NWS&S is free registration, but you do need to be a BARC member (50 odd quid I think)
Old 2 Jan 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3006345)   #131
roadboy
Racer

roadboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffC View Post

Hi Jeff,

What you building? If it carries on like this Class D will need it's own races!
Old 2 Jan 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3006393)   #132
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
Westysprinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where are the 2012 regs

It's getting a bit long in the tooth waiting for the regs. I understand changes are possible in the Kit Car classes, so I'm having to put everything on hold until it becomes clear. When you're working 6 day weeks like a lot of people last minute changes aren't good. and the Christmas break has been wasted, well apart from fitting a full cage :-)
Old 2 Jan 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3006397)   #133
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
ChrisG99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where are the 2012 regs?

The regulations are back with the MSA as they required a re-write of a couple of regulations. (These have been in our regulations since Noah was a lad) but for 2012 they required them to be re-written.
Once the governing body of our sport are back from their Crimbo break tomorrow then hopefully they will be sanctioned by the end of the week.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 15:04 (Ref:3006422)   #134
Peter Dixon
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadboy View Post
Hi Jeff,

What you building? If it carries on like this Class D will need it's own races!
He's jumping on the bandwagon and bought a chavved up saxo, its proper bling!

Old 2 Jan 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3006451)   #135
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mini miglis will be allowed in class D for 2012 on slicks im led to believe so this could be the end of the saxo domination
Old 2 Jan 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3006460)   #136
simon.g
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bishop Auckland
simon.g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
mini miglis will be allowed in class D for 2012 on slicks im led to believe so this could be the end of the saxo domination
sounds like class d is going to be fun next year, oh i carnt wait till may!!
Old 2 Jan 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3006461)   #137
roadboy
Racer

Quote:
Surely they'll have to run List 1Bs like everyone else? Pretty major difference if they're running slicks.

I think Peter did a pretty good job of breaking up the Saxo domination last year.

Dan
Old 2 Jan 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3006463)   #138
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
For clarification: The regulations have been worded as follows.
Class D Cars running to Mini Miglia regulations may use treaded factory cut tyres to a pattern approved by the Mini Miglia Championship size 160/490 x 10.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3006467)   #139
Peter Dixon
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG99 View Post
For clarification: The regulations have been worded as follows.
Class D Cars running to Mini Miglia regulations may use treaded factory cut tyres to a pattern approved by the Mini Miglia Championship size 160/490 x 10.
Should make things interesting, 1.37.1 those mini's were doing round croft, will have to up our game!
Old 2 Jan 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3006472)   #140
roadboy
Racer

Ah, so they can run cut slicks rather than List 1Bs. Makes sense if they want to run in both championships.

Looks like they'll be the car to beat.

Anyone thinking of heading up to Knockhill for some pre-season testing?

Any word on the annual NSSCC pre-season test day at Croft yet? Getting noisy day track time at Croft this year is going to be a nightmare.

Dan
Old 2 Jan 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3006474)   #141
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
Quote:
Ah, so they can run cut slicks rather than List 1Bs. Makes sense if they want to run in both championships.

Looks like they'll be the car to beat.

Anyone thinking of heading up to Knockhill for some pre-season testing?

Any word on the annual NSSCC pre-season test day at Croft yet? Getting noisy day track time at Croft this year is going to be a nightmare.

Dan
For those scratching their heads over the Miglia trye regulation is that in lists 1A & 1B no-one appears to manufacture a 10 inch tyre.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3006477)   #142
roadboy
Racer

Yeah. Since the recent issues with tyre availability lack of choice and restrictions of List 1b Tyres is a nightmare!

Unfortunately I think it's only going to get worse and more expensive.

For my sizes I only have the choice of R888s or A048s and availability of both is abysmal. Prices are going through the roof too!

I've got two sets of part worn 48s to get me through the season, hopefully.

Dan
Old 2 Jan 2012, 17:48 (Ref:3006483)   #143
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the lap record for miglias is 1.34 i dont think any would get close to that running in a open car championship they need to be racing with other minis to do the quick laps

ill be in class B this year in a renault sport v6 clio and A2 in the black mini
Old 2 Jan 2012, 17:57 (Ref:3006485)   #144
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
i am having trouble sourcing 1b tyres for the clio 255 35 18 and 225 40 18 apparantly there all on a ship coming from japan but im not holding my breath
Old 2 Jan 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3006492)   #145
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
For those scratching their heads over the Miglia trye regulation is that in lists 1A & 1B no-one appears to manufacture a 10 inch tyre.
I think Tristen Knight has run a Miglia in CSCC races on List 1B tyres, but on 12 inch rims - Yoko A048s, I think.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3006495)   #146
pete21
Rookie

United Kingdom
Claverley Shropshre
pete21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i am having trouble sourcing 1b tyres for the clio 255 35 18 and 225 40 18 apparantly there all on a ship coming from japan but im not holding my breath
Hi snakey, have a look at blackcircles.com they normally have stocks of most tyres we buy loads from them at work . Happy new year mate hope you & your family are well ps answer your phone!
Old 2 Jan 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3006496)   #147
Peter Dixon
Racer

Were all going to be running nankang ditch finders this year I reckon!

Do camskill not have any stock Andy???
Old 2 Jan 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3006501)   #148
roadboy
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I think Tristen Knight has run a Miglia in CSCC races on List 1B tyres, but on 12 inch rims - Yoko A048s, I think.
Well hopefully if they do start doing 1.34s round Croft in the NSSCC the regs will be changed to remove the advantage.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3006503)   #149
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
Quote:
Well hopefully if they do start doing 1.34s round Croft in the NSSCC the regs will be changed to remove the advantage.
In Sept at Croft they were doing low 1:37's.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3006576)   #150
Peter Dixon
Racer

Quote:
In Sept at Croft they were doing low 1:37's.
Thats plenty fast enough!