Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Jul 2014, 00:26 (Ref:3438007)   #51
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Penske never does anything for free, so either manufacturer funding, B2B business deals or commercial sponsorship or a mix of all or some will be needed with full funding plus some, before he pulls the trigger.

He's not like Aunt Betty who spends a truckload of cash out of her pocket hoping to figure it out as they go along.
If it's too difficult, I wonder if supercars is about to lose a manufcturer on the grid.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 01:59 (Ref:3438555)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hello yellow...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Jul 2014, 04:01 (Ref:3438572)   #53
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good to me..
Old 27 Jul 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3438648)   #54
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell_End View Post
Looks good to me..
Photos don't do it justice

Looks really good in the flesh (best of the DJR retro liveries to date)

Lot to be said for the old days with simple paint jobs (Yes I realise commercial realities mean more sponsor names need to be crammed on cars these days)
Old 27 Jul 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3438655)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yellow is a difficult colour to photograph.. it seems to be mustard in some shots, buttercup in others and fluoro in others..

Old 27 Jul 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3438716)   #56
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Definitely yellow like the 94 car, looked great today.

And the cash registers at DJR seemed to have a great day today, they got some of my money (plus the Bowden's stand outside).
Old 27 Jul 2014, 13:38 (Ref:3438760)   #57
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks really good.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3438763)   #58
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I look at the retro livery and I can definitely see the resemblance to the 94 car quite easily. They've done well.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 22:35 (Ref:3439042)   #59
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they should keep the livery. Looks good.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 01:01 (Ref:3439084)   #60
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A big number on the door always helps make a racecar look great.
I swear thats the main difference and the 'missing piece' with what we have normally these days in V8SC
Old 28 Jul 2014, 03:23 (Ref:3439123)   #61
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree, it does look good, I like the number on the doors and the current sponsors retain their visibility, that's important.

I can't help wondering if they're dangling a carrot in front of Shell, trying to get the band back together...
Old 28 Jul 2014, 03:33 (Ref:3439128)   #62
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
I can't help wondering if they're dangling a carrot in front of Shell, trying to get the band back together...
Strong Penske history there too.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3439190)   #63
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heard Dick interviewed on the Gold Coast news tonight (recorded yesterday) when asked about the Penske "sponsorship deal" (the reporter's words, not mine) Dick responded that they are waiting for them to make a decision.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 08:31 (Ref:3439204)   #64
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Strong Penske history there too.
With Shell? Only since 2011
Old 28 Jul 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3439239)   #65
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
With Shell? Only since 2011
I stand corrected, I thought the IRL sponsorship went back further than that.

Either way they run both Indycar and NASCAR.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3439241)   #66
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Penske was associated with Mobil (in both Indycar & NASCAR) from 1991-2010, before that Pennzoil from 1983-1990, and CAM2 and various others before then.

Shell bought Pennzoil in the mid-2000s, so there is a slight connection in there i guess.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3444155)   #67
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently whatever Penske is doing is to be announced at Bathurst. Maybe.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 11:09 (Ref:3444457)   #68
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

Relevant to any Shell sponsorship
“We expect to invest $1 billion over the next five years so we can continue to meet more than a quarter of Australia’s fuel needs efficiently and safely," said Scott Wyatt, CEO of Viva Energy.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0GD0ML20140813
Old 15 Aug 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3444458)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Relevant to any Shell sponsorship
“We expect to invest $1 billion over the next five years so we can continue to meet more than a quarter of Australia’s fuel needs efficiently and safely," said Scott Wyatt, CEO of Viva Energy.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0GD0ML20140813
DJR was at one point branded with 'Shell Development Australia' in the AU days, suggesting that some portion of the budget was coming from the exploration side of the Shell universe.

Wonder if the Shell brand is going to stay?

When ICI UK forced a rebranding on the local ICI Australia unit, they had a period of months to come up with the Orica brand name, and resticker every product, vehicle, building, technical spec and process across their businesses
Old 15 Aug 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3444460)   #70
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
DJR was at one point branded with 'Shell Development Australia' in the AU days, suggesting that some portion of the budget was coming from the exploration side of the Shell universe.

Wonder if the Shell brand is going to stay?

When ICI UK forced a rebranding on the local ICI Australia unit, they had a period of months to come up with the Orica brand name, and resticker every product, vehicle, building, technical spec and process across their businesses
ICI Aust was sold off by the UK parent company and Orica was born, it wasn't just a re-branding.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3444463)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
ICI Aust was sold off by the UK parent company and Orica was born, it wasn't just a re-branding.
The technical connection with the parent was still in place, and it was paid for, as it was when they were part of the ICI family.
Old 16 Aug 2014, 00:54 (Ref:3444585)   #72
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
The technical connection with the parent was still in place, and it was paid for, as it was when they were part of the ICI family.
I can't speak for all sites, but I was working for ICI and then Orica on Botany Site at the time and there was no technical connection there that I could see, it was a parting of the ways (thanks to the removal of tariffs). Some of Botany Site was then sold off by Orica, surfactants went to Huntsman and plastics went to Kemcor (the new entity became Qenos) that was later bought by Chem China. Orica retained the Chlorine division.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 05:04 (Ref:3445601)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The article in AA this week about DJR/Penske is bordering on laughable.

They start out suggesting that the deal is still on according to the DJR end, then talk about the Penske end saying it isnt, then the DJR end saying its legal complications slowing it down, then a source from the Penske end saying that they want the workshop but DJR said refused...

Sounds like a bunch of blokes at a pub trying to make up stuff to fill an article...

Old 26 Aug 2014, 05:29 (Ref:3447602)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 26 Aug 2014, 07:41 (Ref:3447630)   #75
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sounds like a bunch of blokes at a pub trying to make up stuff to fill an article...

Not the first nor the last.