Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Aug 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1681367)   #1
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UK NASCAR coverage

So at the moment NASCAR is shown on Setanta..

Does anyone think SkySports will bid for the rights???

Surely having NASCAR on most sunday nights would rake in more viewers than the occasional 17-car IRL race!
Old 13 Aug 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1681374)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It has been rumoured, but then ESPN may well bring their own package to the UK.

FWIW, I quite like NASN's coverage. It is expensive, but the coverage is more or less uninterrupted which is good. And it sure as hell won't be overrun by anything.
Old 13 Aug 2006, 18:56 (Ref:1681397)   #3
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would say the future NASCAR deals in Europe very much depend on Montoya and Villeneuve (and to a lesser extent Papis & Goosens) - if they do well then a higher profile channel will pick up the series.
Best thing to do (from NASN's point of view) is to sign a multi year deal now before the stock goes up.
Old 13 Aug 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1681414)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous
I would say the future NASCAR deals in Europe very much depend on Montoya and Villeneuve (and to a lesser extent Papis & Goosens) - if they do well then a higher profile channel will pick up the series.
Best thing to do (from NASN's point of view) is to sign a multi year deal now before the stock goes up.
NASN has only NASCAR rights for UK and Ireland. In the rest of Europe no NASCAR on NASN. In France AB Moteurs has the rights and in Germany pay channel Premiere. NASCAR is not available in Belgium and Holland, don't know about other European countries.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 23:06 (Ref:1682680)   #5
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Thanks for the info!

I'm just reluctant to pay the extra simply for the NASCAR, as Setanta don't offer any other sports i'd be that interested in!
Old 15 Aug 2006, 14:55 (Ref:1683309)   #6
jethro10
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lake District
jethro10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_kyle
Thanks for the info!

I'm just reluctant to pay the extra simply for the NASCAR, as Setanta don't offer any other sports i'd be that interested in!
That's how I felt......but I paid it anyhow

J
Old 15 Aug 2006, 17:50 (Ref:1683431)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is a wrench t pay that much, but it is worth it. You are getting a whole lot of races per season with the package.

Plus you get the Setanta Ireland channels, which have events that may or may not interest you.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1683677)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
highlights free to air on C5 - good enough for me - but no Busch - but Motors TV to the rescue
Old 16 Aug 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1684623)   #9
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Yeah I know about the C5 highlights. Sadly they're on at a horrible hour of the night. I guess I should just record them!
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1685165)   #10
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have NASN just for nascar ( sad huh ) because i'm on cable (crap telewest)
i cant get motors to watch Busch. i'm now shafted because c5 dont show Busch any more.

Must get Sky.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 15:28 (Ref:1688832)   #11
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there anywhere that broadcasts live races and/or highlights over the internet? I don't have Sky at the moment, but I'd like to start watching a few races.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1688882)   #12
AFC1986
Rookie

England
AFC1986 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if this helps but Motors TV show highlights of NASCAR Busch races on Monday's at 9:50 pm
Old 22 Aug 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1688888)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFC1986
I don't know if this helps but Motors TV show highlights of NASCAR Busch races on Monday's at 9:50 pm
They show most of the races LIVE on Saturday at 21:00 CET.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1697533)   #14
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Just found out for those of you with sky...

If you don't wish to pay the subscription to NASN, they show a Freeview show on a tuesday evening at about 6pm, with highlights of the previous weekend's race!!

I reckon it's the same highlights that five get, but just at a more accessible time of day
Old 30 Aug 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1697578)   #15
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, if NASN lost the NASCar to Motors or Sky sports, I wouldn't be worried.

It would mean more time for a real sport on NASN - Baseball.
OK, I jest, I got NASN for the Baseball and NASCar, but I hardly get around to watching it. So of it moved, I could still watch races (as and when) on my current Sky subscription and not pay anymore.

Last edited by jase; 30 Aug 2006 at 13:04.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 17:23 (Ref:1697786)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Baseball.

It was thanks to baseball that NASN very nearly missed the start of the Sharpie 500.

Hateful sport.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 07:43 (Ref:1698223)   #17
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
NASN has only NASCAR rights for UK and Ireland. In the rest of Europe no NASCAR on NASN. In France AB Moteurs has the rights and in Germany pay channel Premiere. NASCAR is not available in Belgium and Holland, don't know about other European countries.
Viasat airs NASCAR and IndyCar live and commercial-free in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1698714)   #18
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you get ESPN in the UK?
Old 31 Aug 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1698781)   #19
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basically, subscribe to Setanta/NASN