Trulli 33 41.77%
Coulthard 1 1.27%
Liuzzi 5 6.33%
Other????? 7 8.86%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Jul 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1646582)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race - US GP

Well now that frankly turgid affair is over where they decided to bring out the SC after half the field was eliminated at turn one, rather than restart....(rant, rant)

Driver of the race today then?

Michael - he won.

Massa - he finished second. Played the team game nicely enough I suppose.

Fisi - no, no! You are supposed to finish behind Fernando! Nice of him to turn up though.

Trulli - good effort from the pitlane.

Coulthard - points.

Liuzzi - attritious.

Yep, that just about covers the finishers.

*cough*
Old 2 Jul 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1646591)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
no one... Trulli was good but he more or less lucked into 4rth after the attritions...

I wont vote for anyone but if im tortured into voting then Jarno...
Old 2 Jul 2006, 18:43 (Ref:1646596)   #3
Racer Scott
Racer

Racer Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli.

Outweighed expectations more than anyone else.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1646597)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peerless?
Old 2 Jul 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1646599)   #5
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
no doubts - trulli
Old 2 Jul 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1646605)   #6
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I've gone for other.

A tribute to the lost potential of many drivers, and the race as a whole.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1646607)   #7
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ms
Old 2 Jul 2006, 18:53 (Ref:1646610)   #8
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I've gone for other.

A tribute to the lost potential of many drivers, and the race as a whole.
just 3 more finishers than last year.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 18:58 (Ref:1646615)   #9
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1646636)   #10
DPRacing
Racer

Sweden
Lund
DPRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli
Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1646647)   #11
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fisichella. Was miles ahead of the wonder boy this weekend.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1646735)   #12
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yawn! Sorry, just woken up. The wife said watching paint dry was more interesting. From what the results showed, must be Trulli; starting from the pit lane and getting in the points. F1 is gettign worse! Thank God for TGP.
Proper F1 cars!
Good job Sky show Champ Cars and and the Winston cup etc.
Haven't missed one MOTO GP or Superbike race on TV. Magic, brilliant racing.
(I have been competing in club racing for 30 years now and still rate BTCC in the late 80's/early 90's some of the best racing)
Old 2 Jul 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1646817)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good for you.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 22:06 (Ref:1646842)   #14
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
MS..he owns Indy.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 23:27 (Ref:1646883)   #15
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Trulli.

Attritions or not, after starting from the pitlane he finished in front of one Renault and was right behind the other. There was nothing in the qualy pace of any of the dropouts to suggest they would have done better.

Although, perhaps this means it really should have been a one-stop-strategy race, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Jarno.

Michael was typically good here, but he was beaten by Massa off the line and was more or less gifted the race after that.

I think an honourable mention for Massa is in order. His best race result I think and he has a realistic target of 3rd in the championship now. I think this will be a confidence building race for him.

Fisi as well deserves a mention. This may well be the first time he's beaten Alonso in a fair fight.

Last edited by deejay; 2 Jul 2006 at 23:32.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 23:28 (Ref:1646884)   #16
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Out Farr
Yawn! Sorry, just woken up. The wife said watching paint dry was more interesting. From what the results showed, must be Trulli; starting from the pit lane and getting in the points. F1 is gettign worse! Thank God for TGP.
Proper F1 cars!
Good job Sky show Champ Cars and and the Winston cup etc.
Haven't missed one MOTO GP or Superbike race on TV. Magic, brilliant racing.
(I have been competing in club racing for 30 years now and still rate BTCC in the late 80's/early 90's some of the best racing)
Think you need to go and find the 'F1 bashing' thread.

I went for Massa, trulli did a good job for sure - but it would have been a very different story had it not been for the turn 1/2 calamities. Massa did his job spot on, got his best finish ever, demonstrated pace similar to his team-mates, and got the job done like a proper driver should.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 23:43 (Ref:1646893)   #17
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liuzzi, his drive really impressed me and his final stages pass on rosberg showed he never gave up driving on the limit and was hungry for that point. Thats after he was really pushing DC as well, was really impressed with his relentless drive in what is a considerably compromised car.

Special mentions to trulli, massa, and i though ralf was pretty good as well for much of the race. DC also shone when it mattered. Thank god there were plenty of top quality drives to justify staying up through the night after that first corner disappointment, otherwise, would have been very grumpy coming to work on 1 hrs sleep for little reward! now wheres that cup of coffee....

Last edited by rocketracer; 2 Jul 2006 at 23:45.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 01:32 (Ref:1646925)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Trulli,or the safety car driver.....he was good.

Can we add safety car driver to the poll please.

Last edited by Marbot; 3 Jul 2006 at 01:35.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 05:09 (Ref:1646976)   #19
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
Naruto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why cant Trulli do that more often get Toyota more point that 9 point
Old 3 Jul 2006, 05:56 (Ref:1646993)   #20
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is my list:

1) MS - He drove a faultless race (except for being passed by Massa), and then just waited for Massa to pit and then BANG comes the quick laps and he's got first. And just to prove it, he bangs in the fastest lap of the race and then slows down again.

2) Massa - I am loving it that he was up there, must keep it up.

3) Trulli - I wanted to kill him in Canada (for holding MS up), but he had great race.

4) Fisi - He did the best that car could to today, and trounced his teammate (to my endless pleasure)

5) DC - Once again he calmly set about his job, and got it done.

6) Liuzzi - Who whould've thought?

All in all, I really enjoyed the race (and not just because my man won). There was a spectacular crash, wheel to wheel racing and a couple of nice fights.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1647074)   #21
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can Trulli be driver of the race when his pace (typically 1.14.5) cost Toyota a podium that the first half of his race had setup ?
Old 3 Jul 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1647078)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Massa has once again proved his 'budding' class by keeping Schu on his toes throughout and doing a fab team job.

I think it is unlikely that Ferrari will replace him, particularly is Schu stays on - indeed Schu's comments about him after the race were fairly glowing!

So he gets my nod for this one.

Schu typical performance.

Fizzi prob made most of what he had on the day.

Trulli benefitted mostly from the carnage I would say.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1647252)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I've given it to Fisi. Just for once he was quicker than Alonso throughout the weekend, yet no one seems to want to give him credit for it.

Trulli would be my second choice. Interesting that two drivers who have just had their drives for 2007 confirmed (or near enough) perform better than they have for a while.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1647340)   #24
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
massa did a great job,

Truli was just lucky
Old 3 Jul 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1647446)   #25
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Juan Pablo Montoya definitely!
Who else could influence a race within two corners so decisively?

Second must be Sato for his sheer consistency, he NEVER MISSES!

Third? Well Rosberg. The Boy Wonder was the only one not to score a point!

Yes nurse, I'm coming ......ooh! That's a big needle........ouch!