Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Sep 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3577515)   #126
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just did some grocery shopping, not sure if I have enough beer. Might need to go back out.
Strap it to the roof if you got to. Just conceal it.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3577523)   #127
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Strap it to the roof if you got to. Just conceal it.
Maybe use a coke 12 pack box but fill it with beer?
Old 27 Sep 2015, 18:59 (Ref:3577546)   #128
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like decent weather being predicted for Friday and Saturday. Iffy on Thursday and damn poor(or is it pour?) on Wednesday (1-2 inches according to weather.com). Nothing like setting up camp in the rain.....
Old 27 Sep 2015, 23:42 (Ref:3577622)   #129
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Looks like decent weather being predicted for Friday and Saturday. Iffy on Thursday and damn poor(or is it pour?) on Wednesday (1-2 inches according to weather.com). Nothing like setting up camp in the rain.....
Uggg. I just set up camp, spent a day and a half and took down camp the rain. No mas, por favor. I may see y'all Thursday if Wednesday is a wash out...
Old 28 Sep 2015, 00:10 (Ref:3577629)   #130
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
So i just checked; bring the ponchos, tarps and extra socks. A very consistent wet Monday through Thursday.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USGA0069:1:US
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...y=braselton+ga
http://www.wsbradio.com/s/weather/
Old 28 Sep 2015, 01:35 (Ref:3577648)   #131
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And yet the weather underground and weather channel forecast on my phone show Tuesday to be soggy and Wednesday and Thursday with some scattered storms. I'll keep doing the rain dance for tomorrow so it comes through early. I might email the track and see how many are in line Tuesday to gauge how early I'll leave. Maybe Tuesday rain will lighten the early crowd.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 01:39 (Ref:3577649)   #132
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I like your forecast best.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3577749)   #133
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Looks like I'll be going again. TWC is saying no rain for Saturday. High of 69 though. Could be a chili day if it's at all still damp from the days of weird misty rain we've had over here for the last several days.

Although I won't hide it, rain increases the chance of a Falken win by 242345.7675%, so that's what I'm hoping for. Would be good to see the old girl go out with a hat trick...
Old 28 Sep 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3577751)   #134
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we all know that rain is inevitable at PLM.
All I demand is that is stop raining on Wed. long enough for me to get the straw down and the campsite up.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3577798)   #135
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Although I won't hide it, rain increases the chance of a Falken win by 242345.7675%, so that's what I'm hoping for. Would be good to see the old girl go out with a hat trick...
I think you made a slight rounding error, but close enough.

The rain is getting push further into the week, with only locals saying it won't rain Friday...
Old 28 Sep 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3577801)   #136
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was really hoping for a rain out working today and get this out of the way but just a steady mist so far. I'm shooting for the oak tree and roadside so if it rains we're close and less slop to walk through, and if the *******s don't park along the fence covered viewing areas. And hoping the potential thunderstorms keep the wimps at home until Thursday and the line short.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3577818)   #137
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Straw and firewood are two things that I'm just not going to have room for. If I do, I'll pick some up on the way, but I'm loaded down already.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 19:46 (Ref:3577825)   #138
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Straw and firewood are two things that I'm just not going to have room for. If I do, I'll pick some up on the way, but I'm loaded down already.
I'll grab some wood if I can but doubt I can get hay in my car
Old 29 Sep 2015, 00:23 (Ref:3577855)   #139
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I just checked with the national weather service and there has been no recorded rain in Braselton for the last 3 days. So, I guess on the plus side, it isn't already a mud pit.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 01:50 (Ref:3577884)   #140
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Really, no rainfall in Braselton? Everywhere i went in Atlanta was soggy today. I'll hope for the new forecast holding and lower rain chances later, but highs of 69 friday and sat so pack heavy clothes joeb.

Looks like I'll be leaving here around noon to take my dad to the airport and head north and hang out. I have 2 full bags of charcoal left, 2 bales of straw, tote of firewood, my fire bowl, and the rest of my usual stuff. How much room do we need? Apache, me, Joe, Eric and Megan, Tony, Thomas, any one else?
Old 29 Sep 2015, 02:32 (Ref:3577894)   #141
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I'm not sure about anything!

But this is what I saw:

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1443493876660.png
Views:	5
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	46271

It's blurry, but the last 3 columns are for precipitation, and they are blank.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 03:00 (Ref:3577901)   #142
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm not sure about anything!

But this is what I saw:

Attachment 46271

It's blurry, but the last 3 columns are for precipitation, and they are blank.
I'm afraid your chart is full of ****. It's rained for days. I've had a break for a few hours this afternoon, but it's about to start again.

The forecast says most of the rain is tomorrow. I bet it clears out.

Last edited by JHamilton; 29 Sep 2015 at 03:07.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 03:02 (Ref:3577902)   #143
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Really, no rainfall in Braselton? Everywhere i went in Atlanta was soggy today. I'll hope for the new forecast holding and lower rain chances later, but highs of 69 friday and sat so pack heavy clothes joeb.

Looks like I'll be leaving here around noon to take my dad to the airport and head north and hang out. I have 2 full bags of charcoal left, 2 bales of straw, tote of firewood, my fire bowl, and the rest of my usual stuff. How much room do we need? Apache, me, Joe, Eric and Megan, Tony, Thomas, any one else?
No Tony. He and Megan are traveling in and out.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 03:40 (Ref:3577911)   #144
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Its a soggy freaking mess, and I haven't seen the sun in over a week. However, it started raining last Thursday meaning this all should be done by this Thursday. The forecasts are all over the place; that there 'puter just can't keep up.

I've not started packing. Then again, I've not really unpacked from this past weekend. I'll be bringing music, food, drink, clothes and a pillow. You got a problem with that?!
Old 29 Sep 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3577973)   #145
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
JHamitlon favorite, Karen Minton, just told me that the front should move through Wednesday evening and there's only a 30% chance of rain on Thursday, with even lesser on Friday and none Saturday. High temps in the lower 70s Friday and Saturday.

Today and tomorrow will see the slop, soup fest continue.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 12:04 (Ref:3577991)   #146
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The weather boys in Atlanta (the weather channel) have reported 2.48 inches in Braselton over the past week with 0.02" yesterday.

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/l/USGA0069:1:US

Btw, this is me being optimistic
Old 29 Sep 2015, 13:14 (Ref:3578009)   #147
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The forecasts are all over the (weather) map. TWC has 50% on Saturday, Channel 11 has 0%.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 13:19 (Ref:3578012)   #148
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
The forecasts are all over the (weather) map. TWC has 50% on Saturday, Channel 11 has 0%.
I know, there seems to be no consensus on the weather this week.

Based on the current radar, it looks like today will have some rain. No more than half an inch is predicted, unless you are in a t-storm.....
Old 29 Sep 2015, 16:58 (Ref:3578064)   #149
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is from NOAA. It's looking better:

Wednesday
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Northwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Wednesday Night
A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. North wind around 5 mph.

Thursday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. North wind around 5 mph.

Thursday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Friday
A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70.

Friday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56.

Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 69.

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 18:31 (Ref:3578094)   #150
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well the rain didn't slow the RV fans, I'm in the line at 60 but at the end of 4 full lines of RVs and 5th wheels. Some of these guys have been here a while it looks like, canopies and grills set up all over. And the boat is here at the front of the line. But i can hear cars on track in a drizzle right now