Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Dec 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3787897)   #801
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I would imagine Eurotech would be somewhere near the front of the queue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
That doesn't make much sense.
To me it makes a lot of sense.

Simpson is bringing one of the latest TD builds with him, and AFAIK Eurotech only have two existing cars.
Jeff is testament to what can happen in a season, and TD aren't going to be building any more old shape cars (I wouldn't imagine).

So Eurotech may want to avoid the MG situation of having no spare chassis to run, and snap up the two remaining old shape Civics for their own spares?
Old 18 Dec 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3787907)   #802
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post

To be honest, I would rather see JP step away from driving and make way for some more young talent.
God I hate that phrase. See it all the time in motorsport these days. Let's just start shooting the older drivers and have done with it.

Young talent can raise the money and get on the grid the same way everyone else had to. If they can offer more to the teams as an overall package then they will get the drives if not they won't. Simples.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 22:30 (Ref:3787955)   #803
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amd to run the MG's next year. They have now been taken away from BMR along with the trucks...
Old 18 Dec 2017, 22:31 (Ref:3787956)   #804
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
how come everyone thinks speedworks are developing a new car? this is just nonsense speculation with no facts at all.
Toyota's PR man made a comment after Rob Austin's win in R30 about it being the last in a Toyota for the forseeable future.

I and others on here have heard whispers Speedworks will be running two motors.

That Matt Simpson is being run by Eurotech
(as opposed to going back to Speedworks) ended the thoughts of Matts Honda + Tingrams Toyota for good to my mind. Two drivers in identical machinery makes a billion times more sense than two different cars anyway.

I had wondered if the Handy Toyota may have been headed to Speedworks: apparently not. Therefore I am convinced no Toyota...

I do like the lack of twitterings and all that nonsense: some genuine surprise will be lurking. Half the joy of pressies is not knowing what lurks inside the wrapping paper! 😀

Last edited by Alfisti; 18 Dec 2017 at 22:40.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 22:33 (Ref:3787958)   #805
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
Amd to run the MG's next year. They have now been taken away from BMR along with the trucks...
Hmmm... Audis headed North perhaps to make room?

Tordoff piloting?
Old 18 Dec 2017, 23:16 (Ref:3787961)   #806
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Toyota's PR man made a comment after Rob Austin's win in R30 about it being the last in a Toyota for the forseeable future.

I and others on here have heard whispers Speedworks will be running two motors.

That Matt Simpson is being run by Eurotech
(as opposed to going back to Speedworks) ended the thoughts of Matts Honda + Tingrams Toyota for good to my mind. Two drivers in identical machinery makes a billion times more sense than two different cars anyway.

I had wondered if the Handy Toyota may have been headed to Speedworks: apparently not. Therefore I am convinced no Toyota...

I do like the lack of twitterings and all that nonsense: some genuine surprise will be lurking. Half the joy of pressies is not knowing what lurks inside the wrapping paper! 😀
speedworks will be running the same as they did this year. one avensis for ingram
Old 19 Dec 2017, 10:37 (Ref:3788036)   #807
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Simpson is bringing one of the latest TD builds with him
The car Simpson ran in 2017 was the very first NGTC Honda built from 2011.
Old 19 Dec 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3788039)   #808
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
Why would they want some bent tech when they already have two bent Audis?

Unless, of course, they are fully refreshed, still have some MG funding and have found new backers.
Old 19 Dec 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3788042)   #809
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think we should wait for some more official confirmation on that score
Old 19 Dec 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3788059)   #810
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
The car Simpson ran in 2017 was the very first NGTC Honda built from 2011.
But is that the same car that Simpson is taking to Eurotech?

The one that he owned previously was extensively damaged in pre-season testing, hence having to run the 'spare'.
The articles refer to Simpson owning the car he is taking to Eurotech - what chance that he has bought NGTC-12-007 as it will be surplus to requirements at TD?

It still makes sense to me for Eurotech to take the remaining cars from TD having seen Jeff's car scrapped in 2017 and Simpson's original car being unusable.
Old 19 Dec 2017, 12:38 (Ref:3788060)   #811
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Hmmm... Audis headed North perhaps to make room?
AmD still have the Audis. Shaun Hollamby posted a video to FB a few weeks back of one of the cars (Audi) being worked on
Old 20 Dec 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3788324)   #812
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom Chilton to Motorbase!
https://www.facebook.com/motorbasepe...type=3&theater
Old 20 Dec 2017, 13:14 (Ref:3788325)   #813
CM388
Racer

CM388 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Wasn't expecting that! If they also confirm Mat Jackson as per then Motorbase will have a pretty strong line up for next year in addition to whoever ends up in their 3rd car.
Old 20 Dec 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3788327)   #814
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Chilton leaving it seems there will be some big shake up also in Power Maxed Vauxhall team
Old 20 Dec 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3788329)   #815
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
With Chilton leaving it seems there will be some big shake up also in Power Maxed Vauxhall team
Absolutely, hence the shopping around for drivers with sponsorship funds recently.

Remains to be seen if there will be two or three Motorbase cars and if Mat returns.

Maybe Depper will find success in TCR UK.

DUO has gone from the naming rights to the team, wonder if that funding will bless another team?
Old 20 Dec 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3788331)   #816
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chilton is a great addition to the Motorbase team and I wonder what other surprises Bartrum was talking about. Maybe a bigger Ford support considering how much he was talking about Chilton and Ford being a good combination? Hopefully there will be good drivers in the second and third Focus. Jackson should be an obvious pick.

As for Power Maxed I think that Alex Rullo will be one of their drivers. Senna Proctor also deserves a seat.
Old 20 Dec 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3788333)   #817
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
As for Power Maxed I think that Alex Rullo will be one of their drivers. Senna Proctor also deserves a seat.
The thing that makes it harder for Rullo is convincing Australian sponsors to back him in a series which is no longer shown on Australian TV.

I believe it was on FOX until the end of 2016 season and missing in 2017, maybe someone from the VASC threads could clarify this?
Old 20 Dec 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3788335)   #818
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
AmD still have the Audis. Shaun Hollamby posted a video to FB a few weeks back of one of the cars (Audi) being worked on
And to further denounce the ridiculous speculation about AMD not running the S3s

https://twitter.com/AmDessex/status/943473954555138049
Old 20 Dec 2017, 15:23 (Ref:3788348)   #819
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So the question is, will Chilton be joining or replacing Jackson? Either way a good move for both parties
Old 20 Dec 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3788363)   #820
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Hmm... Hope this pays off. I like Chilton, but to me the Astra seemed the stronger car at the end of last season.
Hopefully Motorbase will find more pace in their Foci this year and get back to the Airwaves days...!
Old 20 Dec 2017, 19:01 (Ref:3788392)   #821
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A Page that you like Team BMR has changed it's name to BMR Racing
From Facebook. Can we read anything into that? Aside from the fact that they are exemplifying the fact that they're called Buntingford Motor Racing Racing.
Old 20 Dec 2017, 19:32 (Ref:3788398)   #822
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
One company gone bust and a phoenix replaces?
Old 20 Dec 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3788399)   #823
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
From Facebook. Can we read anything into that? Aside from the fact that they are exemplifying the fact that they're called Buntingford Motor Racing Racing.
Just like Tom Walkinshaw Racing Racing.
Old 20 Dec 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3788402)   #824
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
And to further denounce the ridiculous speculation about AMD not running the S3s

https://twitter.com/AmDessex/status/943473954555138049
Really pleased that they're continuing with the A3. As a team they are improving steadily year on year and continuity of cars and drivers certainly helps with that IMO. Hope Ollie - who is also that bit better year on year - and AWE who was brilliant in Clios return. The A3 is my second favourite car on the grid (now that the Alfa is coming!)
Old 20 Dec 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3788403)   #825
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Hmm... Hope this pays off. I like Chilton, but to me the Astra seemed the stronger car at the end of last season.
Hopefully Motorbase will find more pace in their Foci this year and get back to the Airwaves days...!
Ditto, I am a big Tom fan. I suspect the cars will be minor updates from this years rather than major changes as the TCR entry must be keeping the Motorbase boys busy...