Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Mar 2024, 17:09 (Ref:4201014)   #851
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
"Current" impact minimal? I would agree it is minimal, but also not zero. At least yesterday it was keeping the story alive in social media.

I do think we are going round and round here. My original comments were around "if" U2 were actually going to do this and my opinion as to how that would impact the overall situation. It wasn't focused on some type of social media tease. And I think it is very obvious that if it actually did happen, it would elevate the pressure significantly given it would move out of F1 centric news items and into a more global news item.

Richard

That's all this U2 business is, a social media tease.
Old 12 Mar 2024, 17:56 (Ref:4201020)   #852
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That's all this U2 business is, a social media tease.
May very well be! I used more words, but said as much in the same post you quoted...

Quote:
As I have said, I frankly doubt the veracity of the entire U2 song story. I guess it still might materialize, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Richard
Old 12 Mar 2024, 19:18 (Ref:4201036)   #853
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
May very well be! I used more words, but said as much in the same post you quoted...

Richard

I thought in the post I quoted you were saying something slightly different.
Old 13 Mar 2024, 01:26 (Ref:4201071)   #854
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Joe Saward has a new post. It covers a number of topics. Towards the back 1/3rd of the article he talk about the current Red Bull situation. I think in short it could be summed up as... Internal fighting, there will be casualties, not sure who that will be or who will win, watch this space.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2024...he-front-line/

Richard
Old 13 Mar 2024, 08:36 (Ref:4201099)   #855
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Joe Saward has a new post. It covers a number of topics. Towards the back 1/3rd of the article he talk about the current Red Bull situation. I think in short it could be summed up as... Internal fighting, there will be casualties, not sure who that will be or who will win, watch this space.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2024...he-front-line/

Richard
Interesting.
The general concept of observing a battle is to want the good guys to win, but the question here is 'who are the good guys?'
Because we don't know all the facts and there is so much speculation. misinformation, and false information, and malinformation, we're unsure just who we should be rooting for.

But I think it will come out, and when it does it will wreck some reputations and enhance others.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 19:04 (Ref:4201362)   #856
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The complainant involved is to appeal against Red Bull's decision to dismiss her complaint:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68576295
Old 15 Mar 2024, 19:21 (Ref:4201363)   #857
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The complainant involved is to appeal against Red Bull's decision to dismiss her complaint:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68576295

I'm not totally surprised but the timing of the announcement seems a bit off, what with this weekend looming and next week will be the build to the Australian GP the following weekend.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 19:52 (Ref:4201366)   #858
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not totally surprised but the timing of the announcement seems a bit off, what with this weekend looming and next week will be the build to the Australian GP the following weekend.
I "think" the source of this news is from twitter (Dutch press) and I also think this same news was rumored/mentioned last week. I am wondering if the main UK and/or F1 media sites have just decided to run it now after maybe some potential confirmation or multiple sources reporting the same thing. In short, it might not be "new news", but new for the bigger media sites. I think the theory on timing (if I remember it correctly) was more related to the end of the period for which an appeal could be filed, but I could be wrong.

Richard
Old 15 Mar 2024, 20:16 (Ref:4201368)   #859
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I "think" the source of this news is from twitter (Dutch press) and I also think this same news was rumored/mentioned last week. I am wondering if the main UK and/or F1 media sites have just decided to run it now after maybe some potential confirmation or multiple sources reporting the same thing. In short, it might not be "new news", but new for the bigger media sites. I think the theory on timing (if I remember it correctly) was more related to the end of the period for which an appeal could be filed, but I could be wrong.

Richard

You could be right. Neither Autosport/Motosrport are reporting this, nor PlanetF1 or Racer.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 21:08 (Ref:4201372)   #860
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You could be right. Neither Autosport/Motosrport are reporting this, nor PlanetF1 or Racer.

Thinking about this, I'm sure that certain media suggested that she was suspended just before the Saudi weekend, and that this was only possible because Red Bull had, supposedly, given her a limited period in which to appeal and, again it was suggested, that Red Bull were only able to suspend her at that time because that time had elapsed.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 13:31 (Ref:4201760)   #861
Richard C
Veteran

Interesting article in that apparently Max worked with Marko to add in the break clause (as an addendum to his existing contract) that allowed him to leave if Marko exits. And that this was not coordinated with CH and others as Marko was able to approve this alone? The article doesn't say when the addendum was added other than "recently". I think the implication is that the leverage was created as part of internal Red Bull power struggles.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/d...exit/10588570/

Richard
Old 18 Mar 2024, 14:08 (Ref:4201766)   #862
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Of course just because Max has that getout clause doesn’t mean he will exercise if Marko leaves, which by the sounds of it seems quite likely. I can see Horner staying though
Old 18 Mar 2024, 14:31 (Ref:4201772)   #863
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Of course just because Max has that getout clause doesn’t mean he will exercise if Marko leaves, which by the sounds of it seems quite likely. I can see Horner staying though

Except that in a recent interview in Saudi, he stated in no uncertain terms that if Marko goes, then he walks as well. Can't be more clearer than that.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 14:47 (Ref:4201774)   #864
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Except that in a recent interview in Saudi, he stated in no uncertain terms that if Marko goes, then he walks as well. Can't be more clearer than that.

Difference between saying something and actually doing it. Could just be his way of putting pressure on Red Bull to keep Marko
Old 18 Mar 2024, 16:12 (Ref:4201793)   #865
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Difference between saying something and actually doing it. Could just be his way of putting pressure on Red Bull to keep Marko
I agree it is to put pressure. I think Max's goal is not to find a way to leave Red Bull F1, but rather to try to maintain future success with the team. And in this case he thinks that is to keep Marko and/or keep the Marko "faction" within in the team.

It is a game of chicken between Max and Red Bull decision makers. I think Max/Marko are winning right now, but who knows as it seems to change daily. Only Max knows what conditions would actually trigger him to walk.

Richard
Old 18 Mar 2024, 16:31 (Ref:4201797)   #866
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I can see why young hotshot F1 drivers have these cosy long term deals with certain teams, but whilst Max is the hottest ticket in the driver paddock, he is right to have a contract that gives him the option to take his services elsewhere. But this whole things is going from one unexpected turn to another. It might not amount to anything of course.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 16:43 (Ref:4201801)   #867
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It would be a very rare thing for a driver to walk away from the team with the dominant car from the most successful design team.There would be at least 16 other drivers keen to replace him,several of whom would have a good chance of doing rather well.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 16:59 (Ref:4201804)   #868
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
It would be a very rare thing for a driver to walk away from the team with the dominant car from the most successful design team.There would be at least 16 other drivers keen to replace him,several of whom would have a good chance of doing rather well.
Emerson Fittipaldi did it - disastrously....
Old 18 Mar 2024, 17:52 (Ref:4201810)   #869
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I wonder how the break clause is written. I believe Max's contract goes through 2028. Let's say Marko is let go soon. Does Max have to exercise his "break clause" within a specific time period or might it just allow him to leave at any time before 2028? My point being I can imagine a potential Max exit would be driven by many factors. Let's say the power struggle goes badly and there is an exodus of key technical staff (such as Newey). Maybe that might trigger Max to leave. Or maybe Max just stay as long as he feels it works for him, but then leave before 2028 if something else looks attractive?

Richard
Old 18 Mar 2024, 21:14 (Ref:4201823)   #870
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
For some weeks now, I have absolutely been able to see that going to Mercedes could be very attractive indeed to Max.

Now rumours of Aston Martin mega-money, but I'm less convinced on that, although maybe Honda could have some influence.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 22:16 (Ref:4201824)   #871
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Emerson Fittipaldi did it - disastrously....
Maybe Victoria will start a new team called Maxosucar and it will be awful.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 23:13 (Ref:4201832)   #872
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I agree it is to put pressure. I think Max's goal is not to find a way to leave Red Bull F1, but rather to try to maintain future success with the team. And in this case he thinks that is to keep Marko and/or keep the Marko "faction" within in the team.

It is a game of chicken between Max and Red Bull decision makers. I think Max/Marko are winning right now, but who knows as it seems to change daily. Only Max knows what conditions would actually trigger him to walk.

Richard
If we put the politicking bs to one side one thing that can't be ignored is Marko's age...

How much longer to Red Bull honestly think he is needed for?
Old 19 Mar 2024, 00:14 (Ref:4201837)   #873
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
If we put the politicking bs to one side one thing that can't be ignored is Marko's age...

Apparently his job is to hold a seat down at RB F1 to keep Max happy. So maybe it's not a hard job? Or if we include politics... if he was a natural born citizen, he would be young enough to the be President of the USA. He sits right in-between the two current candidates age wise! Maybe Marko needs to get a food taster and body guard because any death might be viewed as "Well, it was just his time, look how old he was!"

Richard
Old 19 Mar 2024, 01:15 (Ref:4201840)   #874
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

He was Dieter’s best friend but hasn’t been “needed” by the company
(who employ him) or the race team for a long long time.
Dieter’s son probably sees helping him out as what his father would want him to do.
Old 19 Mar 2024, 03:07 (Ref:4201843)   #875
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Legacy wise, there can't be any doubt of Marko's contribution to Red Bull.

But yes, how much more he can is the biggest question mark.