Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Aug 2017, 08:41 (Ref:3756624)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Classic Caption Competition

I have received this picture from an 'outside source' with the suggestion that it would make a good caption competition, endorsed by the subject I understand.

I take no credit/blame for any resultant libel proceedings'

Have at It!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PJO_7621.jpg (888.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 1 Aug 2017, 16:42 (Ref:3756735)   #2
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"And if you break it before I get to drive it...."
Old 1 Aug 2017, 18:02 (Ref:3756753)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
You say the stereo is playing "If I had a hammer" then… Let me see!"
or
I dont want to hammer you but this is poor driving!

Last edited by Gerard C; 1 Aug 2017 at 18:09.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3756761)   #4
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In case of driver malfunction, the re set button is situated on the back of the scull. A tap with a blunt object usually does the trick.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3756787)   #5
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The God of War drove out one day
He raced his favourite filly
"I'M THOR!" he cried
The car replied
"You forgot your pillowth, thilly"
Old 2 Aug 2017, 08:07 (Ref:3756856)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
The God of War drove out one day
He raced his favourite filly
"I'M THOR!" he cried
The car replied
"You forgot your pillowth, thilly"
Took me a while to get the Thor connection, clearly a man who knows his Viking history.

Not too sure about his poetic skills.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3756913)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Took me a while to get the Thor connection, clearly a man who knows his Viking history:
No, he's a Marvel movie and comics fan.....

Good responses from all!
Old 2 Aug 2017, 12:11 (Ref:3756926)   #8
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Took me a while to get the Thor connection, clearly a man who knows his Viking history.

Not too sure about his poetic skills.
That's the first time I can remember the lisp (lithp) impediment being deployed in a humorous way without some sort of innuendo attached to it.

Congratulations Colin!
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:53 (Ref:3756918)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
"If I can't fix it with this then it must be an electrical problem!"
(Stolen from someone on ten-tens signature!)
Old 2 Aug 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3756927)   #10
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I've know a version of that rhyme for years which always sprang to mind when I used my copper/hide mallet.
The none I know goes:
The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly,
"I'm Thor" he cried
the horse replied
"Use a thaddle thilly!"
Old 2 Aug 2017, 12:54 (Ref:3756938)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
I wondered when the term 'mallet' would come up.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3756964)   #12
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
I wondered when the term 'mallet' would come up.
I just hope I mentioned it honourably enough...
Old 2 Aug 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3756941)   #13
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
"Special tool for adjusting your belts? Got it right here...."
Old 2 Aug 2017, 14:51 (Ref:3756960)   #14
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I confess....an unashamed plagiarism of an old rhyme but I couldn't resist, given the brand name of the hammer.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3756974)   #15
bauble
Veteran

England
Sad lack of imagination here ..... why is that silly beggar taking my photograph?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PJO_7621 (2).JPG (300.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 2 Aug 2017, 16:35 (Ref:3756979)   #16
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
En tous cas Robert… as being a Gordini team fan dont you think the "tonneau" should be bleu-blanc-rouge and not red-white-blue… This moves me upside down!! May be you're in need of some aspirin …*
As to the first pic, I thought you can remove any auction object after the hammer is down… not before! Or may be we have found the ultimate demist system
No pics from the bbq party? Chocking! Greasy lens can't be an acceptable excuse.
Old 4 Aug 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3757347)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jeez, if you look that miserable when you're enjoying yourself........