Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Are you (provisionally) interested in going to the end of season dinner/drinks?
Yes 22 95.65%
No 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28 Dec 2009, 16:37 (Ref:2605707)   #226
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Don't worry Gordon, you keep Jerry down there and send the fit bird in the avatar to the Ace.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2605721)   #227
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Its on the North Circular Zef so pretty easy to get to without the pesky M25, I can confirm 5 in my party as of Boxing Day. so only another 15 to turn up and we have hit John's 20 target!
Old 29 Dec 2009, 14:55 (Ref:2605990)   #228
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't think I was going to make it, due to work, but it looks as if I can after all - looking forward to it!

I'll need to have a chat with Al about some reproduction stickers I need for a car I'm restoring...
Old 29 Dec 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2606065)   #229
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Pictures and dimensions is what we need.
Old 29 Dec 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2606124)   #230
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry Iain will miss breakfast as have to go to central London to collect a car first. See you late AM. Reminds me I need to sort out paying congestion charge! (Not for Ace!)
Old 29 Dec 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2606131)   #231
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ok breakfast at home then see you all at 12.00
Old 29 Dec 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2606135)   #232
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sorry Iain will miss breakfast as have to go to central London to collect a car first. See you late AM. Reminds me I need to sort out paying congestion charge! (Not for Ace!)
You may want to check but I believe it's suspended this week.
Edited; Yes it's suspended
Old 29 Dec 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2606149)   #233
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
You may want to check but I believe it's suspended this week.
Edited; Yes it's suspended
Thanks, Tim- found out when I tried to pay- an extra present from TFL!
Old 30 Dec 2009, 05:55 (Ref:2606269)   #234
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good morning. Hope you all have a good time and take a few pics too.

Cheers from Doha. ;-)
Old 30 Dec 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2606280)   #235
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
No snow here.

Still in Disco .

Will do well if we get Twenty!
Old 30 Dec 2009, 08:03 (Ref:2606282)   #236
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
M11 closed at Storford for most of day so all you lot from East Anglia go via A505/A1 Baldock and down to Staples Corner A406 using M1.It's quickest.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2606285)   #237
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lorry full of pig's has crashed apparently,must have been on their way home after the annual ball!
Old 30 Dec 2009, 09:55 (Ref:2606310)   #238
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Pi55ing down in Sunny Sussex . . . . will be seting off in a mo, scenic route!
Old 30 Dec 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2606315)   #239
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
We will be there at around 12, setting out from Harrow at 11:30.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2606339)   #240
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
We will be there at around 12, setting out from Harrow at 11:30.
Al, I'm not going to get there now, my daughter's car has a couple of problems to sort before she goes home (hopefully tomorrow) and I have to run an errand for swmbo.
Sorry.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 10:57 (Ref:2606344)   #241
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
SWMBO fortunately I don't have one of those, I do have a SWMBI though (She Who Must Be Ignored). I will say hello for you.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 15:35 (Ref:2606427)   #242
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Sorry Tim but the "fit bird" in my avatar is my other half and is down here in the sun with me. Now don't you old boys start any aggro up at the ACE by settling any old "mods n rocker" scores
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Dec 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2606441)   #243
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Just got home, well we did have the easiest run. Great to put names to faces, your mate turned up Tim and was looking for you an Eric but I made your appologies, nice chap actually. I was disappointed I never managed to say goodbye to Compte as I was stuck in the loo, the old big breakfast went straight through me but me most of the others including, John, Ian and Terry.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 16:35 (Ref:2606453)   #244
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
..I was stuck in the loo, ....
Apologies but you've caused me to spray tea all over my screen.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2606456)   #245
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Sorry Tim but the "fit bird" in my avatar is my other half and is down here in the sun with me. Now don't you old boys start any aggro up at the ACE by settling any old "mods n rocker" scores

Didn't go there for that Gordon,I've forgotten what it was all about anyway! It was fun reading through the news clippings they have stuck on the wall though,especialy the one about a couple of hundred Mods starting on 20 Rockers .Mod's? Huh,nothing but a bunch of Girlie's!
Got back at four,fairly easy run,glad I decided against the M1 though!.
Good to have met up with the usual old face's,no offence Fay.!
It was also great to meet some new ones as well,JR up to his usual w-up antic's though. Lol[Thanks for the Coffee John]
BTW,all those who originally ordered the 10ths Patches,they are worth the money,look very good,so get on the phone to Al and get your's.

Last edited by terence; 30 Dec 2009 at 16:49.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2606465)   #246
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks for the endorsement Terry and sorry about the tea Peter! One headline on the board was particular poinant to me as it was about the death of a mod found in the sea at the foot of some cliffs, unfortunately that was a very good friend of mine's eldest brother one of four boys and also brother of Bertie who comes racing with me. They never did find out exactly what happened and was filed under misadventure I believe but I think there was some doubt that rockers had thrown him off the cliff although the papers of course had a field day.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2606469)   #247
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
There were a number of theories on that Al,there was allegedly a couple of witness's who claimed to have seen him running from a mob,who did not get anywhere near him.It seems that he had tried to hide by hanging from the cliff-top and lost his grip.People were just not like how they are today!
I think it a very unfortunate accident.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2606474)   #248
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yes I also think thats the way it went. I took a photo of the cutting as it was headline news and Bertie wanted to find something on the Daily Mirror website but couldnt find anything.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 17:32 (Ref:2606477)   #249
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
your mate turned up Tim and was looking for you an Eric but I made your appologies, nice chap actually.
Who was that? Didn't you know that I don't have any mates so I am a bit bewildered as to who it could be.
Glad you all had a good time and sorry to have missed it.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2606482)   #250
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Actually he was Eric's mate I think. He races a Cossie sometimes in DMN but not this year, I think he also has an Alfa and other cars and also told me he beat Rod once in a little pocket rocket (may have missheard that), grey haired stocky chap with a west country accent embarrassed to say the old hearing is not what it was and didnt quite catch his name..