Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 21 Apr 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3237588)   #26
MrFBear
Rookie

MrFBear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
hi Nigel
No, not Nigel - sorry to disappoint. My name is Will and involved in motorsport production, amongst other things, at MediaWorks.

Yes DTM and possibly a few other things in the wind.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3237603)   #27
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Drags are not really my thing but todays show captured the sport and was both informative as well as entertaining. Rally Nation too showed improvement from last season and as well as the sport it showed a bit of a special area of NZ to us all.
Agree Carl, I too really enjoyed the rally yesterday. Its been a while since I have seen some decent rally on TV. Still loving those older Mk 2 Eskies, there is just something about them.

Paddon was showing his skills for sure, and I guess he wasn't able to gather enough cash to run in PWRC, or SWRC (or whatever its called??)?? unless someone can correct me on this.......he needs to be in WRC IMHO

And then of course after that we had young Mitch climbing 8 or 9 positions in his 4th GP2 race. Sorry, off topic, but it was a good race to watch.

MrFBear, great to have you here, and hopefully you can keep us up to date with all things CRC
Old 19 May 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3250037)   #28
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just watched Rd.1 of DTM yesterday on CRC, and would like to say a very big THANK YOU to the whole CRC Motorsport team for bringing this series to us! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its about time someone latched on to this. We kept getting told that V8SC's are the best touring car category in the world (funnily enough this is usually from the guys promoting V8SC) but I really do like DTM , the cars look fantastic and many big name drivers in there.

thanks again, fantastic, will be watching every round

Conrad Timms
Old 20 May 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3250169)   #29
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
I just watched Rd.1 of DTM yesterday on CRC, and would like to say a very big THANK YOU to the whole CRC Motorsport team for bringing this series to us! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its about time someone latched on to this. We kept getting told that V8SC's are the best touring car category in the world (funnily enough this is usually from the guys promoting V8SC) but I really do like DTM , the cars look fantastic and many big name drivers in there.

thanks again, fantastic, will be watching every round

Conrad Timms
+1
Old 20 May 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3250170)   #30
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
+2, this was just awesome. DTM rocks
Old 20 May 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3250173)   #31
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yep thoroughly enjoyed it. Now all we need is some sports cars enduros coverage hint hint.
Old 20 May 2013, 00:58 (Ref:3250183)   #32
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
was it full coverage of the Hockenheim round or just highlights?
Old 20 May 2013, 01:03 (Ref:3250184)   #33
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Highlights I think. But all good stuff.

Those cars are insane. Does anyone know what the speed differential would be between a DTM and an F1 car around Hockenheim?

Loved the DRS on the DTM, and makes me think that the ST could do something similar as the rear wings are similar-ish (probably would do sweet FA on a ST, but ya never know )
Old 20 May 2013, 01:07 (Ref:3250185)   #34
Swedish Brick
Racer

Got a funny feeling I've seen one of those f1, race car, road type comparisons on YouTube featuring a DTM car.

Its a pity the V8SC couldn't align with the DTM rules like the Japanese. Is going to be epic when the DTM, JGTCC and whatever class it is in the USA all align the spec in the next couple of years
Old 20 May 2013, 04:11 (Ref:3250247)   #35
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Highlights I think. But all good stuff.

Those cars are insane. Does anyone know what the speed differential would be between a DTM and an F1 car around Hockenheim?
Big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0up-u7WhVd8

Though F1 cars have got a bit slower since then but only a few seconds a lap.
Old 21 May 2013, 05:50 (Ref:3250917)   #36
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Yep thoroughly enjoyed it. Now all we need is some sports cars enduros coverage hint hint.
American Lemans Series is on ESPN in 10 minutes
Old 21 May 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3250934)   #37
Swedish Brick
Racer

Yeah seems I watch more racing online than tv these days
Old 23 May 2013, 05:35 (Ref:3252024)   #38
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DTM is completely live on youtube anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwKq447rYMVI5dAQWMmFnfg
Old 23 May 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3252038)   #39
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrosNZ View Post
DTM is completely live on youtube anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwKq447rYMVI5dAQWMmFnfg
i know i watch their uploads
Old 23 May 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3252107)   #40
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
i know i watch their uploads
Cool, so will I now
Old 1 Jun 2013, 05:39 (Ref:3256268)   #41
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Superstars Series 2013 - Monza - Race 1 [FULL]
Old 2 Jun 2013, 03:00 (Ref:3256592)   #42
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things I've seen wrong with todays production:

- At about the half-way point, the sound went completely out of sync - particularly apparent during interviews. It returned after one of the ad-breaks though.
- The camera-work was largely rubbish. There seemed to be a massive disconnect between the director and those around the track. There was also way too much looking into blank spaces, way too much adjusting of camera settings while 'live', and on top of that a lot of the framing both inside and outside of pitlane was amateur - with peoples foreheads getting cut off in interviews, and others being out of focus.
- Starting the broadcast with a twenty minute 'highlights reel' of the first two rounds is odd enough - but for those highlights to only cover two out of the six races was bizarre and made it reek of 'filler'.
- As the coverage was delayed a week, you'd think they'd make the effort to chop-out some the pace-laps - but it appeared that they all remained there.
- It's great to see some steadicams there - but they really should be used for the post-race interviews, not just for the filler and puff pieces between races.

Really hope that the usual mob are back for the next round.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3256678)   #43
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what happens when you pay peanuts
Old 2 Jun 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3256876)   #44
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrosNZ View Post
That's what happens when you pay peanuts
Hi Macros,

I hardly think paying in excess of $50K, constitutes "peanuts"

I have not actually seen the coverage yet, but I am told by friends that under the circumstance it was better than they expected, with some quite interesting information shown, such as the evolution of the chassis, so I am looking forward to seeing it on demand, later today.

Mark.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 04:24 (Ref:3256938)   #45
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had no problem with the coverage. Sadly, I missed the first 30 minutes, so only saw it from the restart of race 1.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 06:35 (Ref:3256955)   #46
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi Macros,

I hardly think paying in excess of $50K, constitutes "peanuts"

I have not actually seen the coverage yet, but I am told by friends that under the circumstance it was better than they expected, with some quite interesting information shown, such as the evolution of the chassis, so I am looking forward to seeing it on demand, later today.

Mark.
Graphics displaying wrong info, no audio sync. Lack of pit lane coverage when incidents happened, noticible lack of cameras.

Also noticble lack of the few dumb stuff like whacking a wall on the warm up lap etc, average viewing and below par editing.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3256982)   #47
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The coverage for the self styled premier class was very substandard
Old 3 Jun 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3256999)   #48
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its common knowledge that the previous shareholders/directors tore up over a million dollars promoting the series last year. They signed over their shares to the new promoter to stop burning there own money and resolve the unpaid creditors.
Now they have a promoter that is trying to make the series work financially, first cut in cost's TV production.
You do get what you pay for and it is obvious that the money was average!
The reality of promoting Motorsport in NZ may come home to roost.
I wonder how BNT, TV3 and all the the other sponsors in ST are feeling after Pukekohe?
My info tells me it was a very average paying crowd at Puke and certainly won't pay the bills
The way that see it is Motorsport is in a very sad state in this country and you have to ask the question why?
Old 3 Jun 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3257010)   #49
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member CCC View Post
Its common knowledge that the previous shareholders/directors tore up over a million dollars promoting the series last year. They signed over their shares to the new promoter to stop burning there own money and resolve the unpaid creditors.
Now they have a promoter that is trying to make the series work financially, first cut in cost's TV production.
You do get what you pay for and it is obvious that the money was average!
The reality of promoting Motorsport in NZ may come home to roost.
I wonder how BNT, TV3 and all the the other sponsors in ST are feeling after Pukekohe?
My info tells me it was a very average paying crowd at Puke and certainly won't pay the bills
The way that see it is Motorsport is in a very sad state in this country and you have to ask the question why?
corpate was stacked, and as msnz is not involved and the ne ownner has taken rhe risk that can only be a good thing.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 10:09 (Ref:3257047)   #50
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Graphics displaying wrong info, no audio sync. Lack of pit lane coverage when incidents happened, noticible lack of cameras.

Also noticble lack of the few dumb stuff like whacking a wall on the warm up lap etc, average viewing and below par editing.

Some weird cuts too, just as the action heats up and a pass looks imminent we go to a replay of the start, whaaaaaaat?! Live that'd barely be passable, but in a show that goes through post-production it was purely annoying.