Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Feb 2016, 18:30 (Ref:3615523)   #1
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 extinction

Pledge for F1 extinction

In my deep thoughts, I think this formula has so much corruption...
Team owners, engineers, even drivers, not to mention Bernie...
Never thinks about lots and lots of people who wanted to bring in,
and lost of frustration under they belts.

I lost all hopes on Formula 1.
I prefer the series will be cancelled evermore.
Unless all guilty people on the death of Ayrton Senna will be jailed, at least.
Or Nelson Piquet stripped out of his three illegal World Championships.

I'm so poor person to understant this lust luxury of sin that is F1.
"The sport of the Nazis", IMHO.

I'm feeling bad, so bad.

Last edited by Mekola; 17 Feb 2016 at 18:36.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 18:52 (Ref:3615528)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No we just need to get rid of Bernie. Then the product will be cosmic or close to
Old 18 Feb 2016, 05:35 (Ref:3615626)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope F1 budgets could plummet by hook or by crook. There is much starving people in the world to skyrocket costs... If tech rules are so limited, get rid of limitations... Get rid of sickness... All F1 team owners had to admit their guilt - they MUST to end their "Piranha Club" manners and start to be "Pigeons". If not, it's the end of them... Or the end of motorsport as we know.

Why F1 is so selfish to not admit its influence affects the rest of whole motorsport in the rest of the world?

Venezuelan people woke up in order their people didn't have to suffer and starve to remain Maldonado in F1 - Other nations shall wake up like them. Even autodrome organizers, who are losing a lot of money, and who's the winner on it?

Last edited by Mekola; 18 Feb 2016 at 05:44.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 10:31 (Ref:3615694)   #4
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I tend to think that what we have is not corruption in the full sense of that word, what it is is development of vested interests. Each of those involved have their objectives and as long as F1 allows them to achieve those objectives it will continue.

Mekola; Your interesting post about Fangio shows that there is nothing new in this and I really cannot see how this will change unless funding the ridiculous staff budgets collapses. Rule changes will only generate new ways to work round them. We have limits now on how many engines and gearboxes can be used in a season but chassis are "free" and I do wonder how much of the chassis presented for scutineering at Melbourne will actually be presented for the next race. Tub and bodywork apart I suspect new bits are fitted each race, possibly ŵith minor developments

Regulatory Budget control can never work so it will not change until the major companies involved question the RoI.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 12:45 (Ref:3615719)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
High level sport is chocker-block with corruption of one sort or another. Cycling, soccer, athletics, so on and so forth. Also lots of sports compromise on being a sport to make a mass appeal, often in vain I would say.

That's just the way things are. Nothing I can do about it, so whilst I may register my disappointment from time to time, I don't worry unduly about it either.

I think Eccelstone has been a harmful figure. I don't want the sport to be too rich or the most popular. But I wouldn't say his departure is a fundamental cure for all ills either.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 15:09 (Ref:3615744)   #6
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is over 60 years since I first joined a motor club and so I have lived all through the Ecclestone Era and his influence on the whole sport should make a good book. Whilst he has built F1 into the monster it is now all other branches of the sport have followed his example, or tried to.

When he started clubs ran individual race meetings and got events in them into championships, the programmes were varied and spectators needed to be attracted so "names" of one sort or another were paid to come and people paid their entrance fee to come and watch. In the late '50s and early '60s there were quite a lot of F1 races in the UK, more than in the World Championship many years and we went to see Moss , Hawthorn and the like compete in privately owned cars.

In may cases there were continental and British races that paid you to go and race, a situation that continued up to the '70s with sports-cars but Bernie's approach was to eliminate the individual deals and work as a group. As time went by other branches of the sport saw how successful he was and followed his lead so we have the outcome that each championship now has a central promoter who does deals with circuits to give them a guaranteed field, be it in single seaters, sports-cars or GT racing and even karts I think

Of course the other big influence is TV because we all now know we will see more of the race on TV than ever we could at most circuits and so spectator numbers for National grade meetings have dropped. This removes the incentive to pay start money and only if a series is well promoted on TV and creates interest and stars does the public want to make the effort to get to a meeting. In the UK the best example of that is the BTCC, a series run by a promoter as BE does F1 but where there is more transparency and no favouritism. Mr Ratell does a reasonable job for the sports/GT sector but does not create the interest that messes Ecclestone and Gow manage to get.

With a little more thought I feel I could develop the theme but as I see it, over my 60 years the influence of BE has been much more widespread than just F1. If he had not done this one wonders where we might have gone but at club level guys still buy second hand cars and convert them for all manor of competitions enjoyed just for their own sake. There is no corruption at that level, just enjoyment and mutual respect.

Last edited by old man; 18 Feb 2016 at 15:16.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 16:44 (Ref:3615769)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm reluctant to ask this but in what sense were Piquet's titles "illegal"?
Old 19 Feb 2016, 14:03 (Ref:3616004)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The 1983 title will always be connected with so called 'illegal rocket fuel' which Renault did not protest, not wanting to win in that way
Old 19 Feb 2016, 15:04 (Ref:3616024)   #9
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
And '81 and '87?
Old 19 Feb 2016, 16:13 (Ref:3616049)   #10
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 80s are notorious for cheating, I'd be surprised if any champion from that era had driven a car complying entirely to the rules.

I still enjoy watching old races from back then though.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 22:40 (Ref:3616145)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

81 was the whole business of hydraulic suspension, but they were within the letter of the law if not the spirit. The only crime Piquet had in 87 was less wins than Mansell, but Piquet took time to recover from the Imola crash
Old 19 Feb 2016, 22:56 (Ref:3616153)   #12
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I think it narrow minded if we do not believe "cheating" is not carried out today in F1, in some form or another.
Old 20 Feb 2016, 00:28 (Ref:3616169)   #13
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
F1 has always been at the cutting edge of technology,theres always been a blurry grey line between the technology of the day and cheating.
Because the whole thing involves vast somes of money theres also always been scams,tax dodges and other financial chicanery going on behind the scenes since it started too.
Life isn't perfect,neither is F1,or any other sport you care to name.