Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2016, 11:43 (Ref:3674900)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
The Shoey

Good old Aussie rugby tradition. Your not cool if you ain't drinking alcohol from your race boots these days.
Old 9 Oct 2016, 07:20 (Ref:3678565)   #2
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't know that it was an Aussie tradition - but hey, it's cool anyway.
Old 9 Oct 2016, 20:35 (Ref:3678730)   #3
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Phew. I'm glad I don't feel the need to be cool....

jimclark
Old 9 Oct 2016, 22:33 (Ref:3678771)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It makes me feel vaguely bilious, but it's not just an Australian thing; the rugby club used to do it at Oxford when I was there twenty years ago.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 01:23 (Ref:3678797)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 2 winners of the SuperCheap Auto Bathurst 1000 yesterday, in Will Davison & Jono Webb, did a "double shoey" yesterday, each drinking from their boots to celebrate their win...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Oct 2016, 10:17 (Ref:3678882)   #6
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was funny to watch the first few times, but I am tired of it already. It's a fad and I hope and expect this will disappear from Motorsports at the end of this season.

Richard
Old 10 Oct 2016, 11:18 (Ref:3678912)   #7
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
It was funny to watch the first few times, but I am tired of it already. It's a fad and I hope and expect this will disappear from Motorsports at the end of this season.

Richard
Amazing to see how easily lead and compliant the current generation of drivers is.

Webber's response second time around is wholly appropriate.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 11:24 (Ref:3678914)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not sure i'd say they're easily lead and compliant but they're keen to get the publicity that the original got for the same move. everyone copied vettel's finger not because they're compliant, but because it always gets you photographed, and that looks cool on social media.

in a time where many, if not most single seater drivers are buying followers to be more appealing to potential sponsors (secondary benefit: their egos), you can't underestimate a bit of retweeting and instagram popularity.

ricciardo's got that social media hustle nailed.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 12:14 (Ref:3678924)   #9
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
not sure i'd say they're easily lead and compliant but they're keen to get the publicity that the original got for the same move. everyone copied vettel's finger not because they're compliant, but because it always gets you photographed, and that looks cool on social media.

in a time where many, if not most single seater drivers are buying followers to be more appealing to potential sponsors (secondary benefit: their egos), you can't underestimate a bit of retweeting and instagram popularity.

Indeed. The old saying "you're only as good as your last result" also applies to the social media world. Everybody has forgotten how amazing Hamilton was, because he's busy taking bunny photographs and ranting about the media. When he wins, he'll put on a smile and everyone will forget about Snapchat.

Daniel Riccardo drinks from a shoe and he's a social media darling. Gone are his comments about how the team let him down when the car failed earlier this year. Drinking from a shoe because all the cool kids are doing it keeps him on the happy side of the media and sponsors.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 09:19 (Ref:3679712)   #10
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

Ricciardo is fine, its his choice and his shoe, it is the others that are the worry.

I would have taken the final Webber option first time around, no matter whose blasted shoe it was. Totally on the same page as BSchneiderFan above.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 09:43 (Ref:3679718)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"the worry"? they know exactly what they're doing. they're a bunch of narcissists, not compliant sheep
Old 13 Oct 2016, 23:39 (Ref:3679867)   #12
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
'Haven't seen personally but sounds about as classy as Darrell Waltrip's "Boogity, boogity, boogity" at the start of NASCAR races.

jimclark
Old 14 Oct 2016, 00:27 (Ref:3679874)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Bathurst Podium...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Oct 2016, 05:18 (Ref:3679913)   #14
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Classless,vulgar colonials those Aussies........wouldn't happen in New Zealand..
Old 14 Oct 2016, 09:15 (Ref:3679944)   #15
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Classless,vulgar colonials those Aussies........wouldn't happen in New Zealand..
South Auckland. Aka hori-ville
Old 14 Oct 2016, 11:29 (Ref:3679967)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
'Haven't seen personally but sounds about as classy as Darrell Waltrip's "Boogity, boogity, boogity" at the start of NASCAR races.
Darrell is a cool guy ! Drinking out of a race shoe not so much ..😳
Old 14 Oct 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3680006)   #17
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Darrell is a cool guy ! Drinking out of a race shoe not so much ..��
I wasn't commenting on Darrell's coolness...just his stupid arse "Boogity, boogity, boogity..." not being one of his better (called way too many starts with it...from just cute once to classless boredom) many moments.

jimclark