Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 3 Mar 2009, 23:10 (Ref:2408509)   #76
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it's funny you should ask Craig, because ironically enough I am!
Old 4 Mar 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2409076)   #77
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting! I bet you have quite an impressive list there for anyone interested!!!
Old 10 Mar 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2412837)   #78
slick42
Racer

England
Selby, North Yorkshire
slick42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Well it's funny you should ask Craig, because ironically enough I am!
How much would you want for your Action JPM CART car and your Action Indy car? i've got the ERTL one

I'm just guessing you might have them seen as your a JPM collector
Old 10 Mar 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2412917)   #79
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JPM collection is staying put I'm afraid. Along with Hamilton and the few Alonso cars I have. Oh, and two tobacco liveried Senna cars.

Everything else goes however.
Old 10 Mar 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2412932)   #80
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
There is more? My my you should open a shop!
Old 10 Mar 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2412987)   #81
slick42
Racer

England
Selby, North Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
JPM collection is staying put I'm afraid. Along with Hamilton and the few Alonso cars I have. Oh, and two tobacco liveried Senna cars.

Everything else goes however.
Ah, keeping the best.

TBH it would have been sad to lose another JPM collector
Old 10 Mar 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2413182)   #82
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Just for fun I thought I'd post a photo up of my Le Mans collection. Hopefully it'll encourage you to post up your own displays!
Attached Thumbnails
P3100108.jpg  
Old 10 Mar 2009, 21:54 (Ref:2413260)   #83
slick42
Racer

England
Selby, North Yorkshire
Great collection there Craig, bet that in put a fair dent the bank balance
Old 10 Mar 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2413288)   #84
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I was wondering, as I took the photo, whether I should be checking my household insurance... You are right, they weren't cheap, but I bought them one-by-one and, as I had a full time job back then, I didn't seem to notice the cost at the time
Old 11 Mar 2009, 08:56 (Ref:2413465)   #85
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
You are right, they weren't cheap, but I bought them one-by-one and, as I had a full time job back then, I didn't seem to notice the cost at the time
Similar thing with me, I rapidly built a collection of F1, Touring and sportscars in 07/08 when I was quids in, but work is bloody slow for me at the mo so i've even had to resort to selling a couple. Was hard choice as normally I'd keep the lot but the need to raise spare cash is more important at the mo.

Once I get my new copier/scanner i'll post a pic of my little display.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2414161)   #86
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yeah, please do, it'll be good to see!
Old 15 Mar 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2416025)   #87
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!

Old 17 Mar 2009, 03:31 (Ref:2417119)   #88
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My model room

Took me 20 odd years to get organised though. I have a new steel frame all glass case coming. 1750mm x 1750mm with rotating shelves in the centre.

Cheers David
Old 17 Mar 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2417309)   #89
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Crikey, that's like a shrine!!!

You certainly have organised it well.

Like you I also only use a 'small' work station/desk so I don' get in the way of all my motorsport stuff!!

I bought a Ikea single glass display unit a few months back for my 1:18's but it couldn't half do with double the amount of shelves, valuable diecast space is wasted!!
Old 17 Mar 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2417390)   #90
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
David, Matt - both look great! David, look forward to seeing your new display when you have it... you MUST post a photo up here! Chunterer, when is your photo coming??
Old 17 Mar 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2417516)   #91
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
David, Matt - both look great! David, look forward to seeing your new display when you have it... you MUST post a photo up here! Chunterer, when is your photo coming??
Ha ha, when I can afford to buy a new 'all in one' machine, hopefull soon!
Old 18 Mar 2009, 03:29 (Ref:2417972)   #92
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
Quote:
Progress picture. Fluros are wired, rotating shelf motor wired, mask & paint.

Cheers David
Old 18 Mar 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2418367)   #93
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
The fact you use car magazines to mask thigns is quite disturbing =[
Old 18 Mar 2009, 22:51 (Ref:2418761)   #94
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The fact you use car magazines to mask thigns is quite disturbing =[
Only the cheap ones I dont want to keep, besides its for model cars I couldnt use a womens periodical.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2422949)   #95
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man I can't wait to purchase a house where i can start to build/display my collection instead of keeping them boxed up in the closet. I can't say my wife to be shares my enthusiasm.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2438871)   #96
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Here's of my cabinets...some day I will get round to posting up the last one!

This cabinets contains my Senna and Montoya collections.
Attached Thumbnails
P4110169 copy.jpg  
Old 21 Feb 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2637788)   #97
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Having just been let down by the promised buyer of the cabinet above I thought I'd post here to see if there were any interest? Looking for quick sale ideally
Old 21 Feb 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2637809)   #98
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sent you a PM Craig.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2637827)   #99
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Thanks for your interest Peter
Have replied to you and have just listed it up on eBay if anyone else is interested.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2642120)   #100
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice looking cabinet