Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Jul 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2913900)   #251
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My understanding is that Grade 1 is for F1, but the FIA GTs and World Touring Cars have been Grade 2. The FIA might expect something similar for the WEC?

Snetterton in the UK has made no secret of its ambitions, they even mentioned FIA GTs, and I'm sure in Autosport I read that the track was aiming for Grade 2
Old 2 Jul 2011, 13:08 (Ref:2913901)   #252
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Snetterton in the UK has made no secret of its ambitions, they even mentioned FIA GTs, and I'm sure in Autosport I read that the track was aiming for Grade 2
Jonathan Palmer has specifically said that FIA GT makes no financial sense for Snetterton
Old 2 Jul 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2913902)   #253
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Jonathan Palmer has specifically said that FIA GT makes no financial sense for Snetterton
And in you come with your facts

May have just quoted some traditional Autosport nonsensical speculation.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2913903)   #254
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate when people do that
Old 2 Jul 2011, 15:59 (Ref:2913962)   #255
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
My understanding is that Grade 1 is for F1, but the FIA GTs and World Touring Cars have been Grade 2. The FIA might expect something similar for the WEC?
Grade 2 is already a necessary minimum for Le Mans Prototype racing (and F1 testing). Grade 3 - minimum for GT racing. I don't remember if DTM requires grade 2 or 3.
I don't think the WEC circuit selection will change under FIA, not due to due to safety at least. I believe ACO has to conform to FIA codes and standards anyway.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2914062)   #256
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
With Australian V8 Supercars confirmed to run at the new 'Circuit of the Americas' in the near future, I don't see why they won't be on the American race list for this series. If V8 SC's can get to race this track there must have been some talks between the two parties. I'd think WEC would be here as well, it is a circuit that was built with F1 in mind, which is run by none other than the FIA.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2914077)   #257
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
If the WEC indeed races on the new circuit the ALMS is in a world of hurt.

Most (if not all) big European teams would probably end up not doing Sebring or the PLM anymore and a 12h & 10h race with their sparse fields? Yikes...
Old 3 Jul 2011, 05:11 (Ref:2914169)   #258
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant see the WEC ever skipping Sebring, there is far too much history and prestige. RA might get cut, but ideally we would have both still on the calendar.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 05:27 (Ref:2914172)   #259
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
If the WEC indeed races on the new circuit the ALMS is in a world of hurt.

Most (if not all) big European teams would probably end up not doing Sebring or the PLM anymore and a 12h & 10h race with their sparse fields? Yikes...
You know all of the big car counts at ILMC races this year? You might want to enjoy it this year because that may no longer be the case anywhere next year. The LMS is done with the WEC next year. Maybe some LMS teams will do partial seasons in the European WEC rounds if the ACO will allow that, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsavage View Post
I cant see the WEC ever skipping Sebring, there is far too much history and prestige. RA might get cut, but ideally we would have both still on the calendar.
History and prestige seems to have little to do with what gets put on and what does not. It's all about money and control. The ACO would not have to worry about who has TV rights and so forth if they do not race at ALMS events.

The Austin track may be what is being targeted for the WEC, but who knows. Maybe the ALMS will race there too, but that does not mean those events will be run together. Anyway, all we know is there will be a North American round. Does that mean the United States or Canada? I don't know. Maybe they'll race in Mexico. Peugeot would like that. I would think that Porsche would want to race in the United States, but their LMP1 program does not start for another couple of years. They may have some influence with their GTE program, but Porsche does not have any GTE-Pro cars in the ILMC so do they even care? Maybe they will. If nothing else, I'd hope Audi would advocate for a US round. Hopefully they will call for rounds at Petit and Sebring or at least one of them.

If the WEC does not race at Sebring and/or Petit, I would hope that they are still auto-invite races so that maybe some non-WEC teams will travel to those races.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2917222)   #260
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
12h & 10h race with their sparse fields? Yikes...
We had about 25 cars at those events just a couple of years ago when everything was going down, so I think it wouldn't be a massive catastrophe if this was to happen.

FIA, ACO and IMSA working in harmony together? Yeah right.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2925679)   #261
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So anyone know what this exciting news is that is being announced tomorrow. All over twitter. Something connected with Lola?
Old 12 Jul 2011, 16:58 (Ref:2925680)   #262
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So anyone know what this exciting news is that is being announced tomorrow. All over twitter. Something connected with Lola?
Without a doubt, their Twitter feed is running the announcement story as well and it's definitely referring to an announcement relating to their sportscar programme.

Obviously, everyone in the know probably already knows.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2925695)   #263
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tomorrow morning (Europe) you will know the answer ;-)
Old 12 Jul 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2925707)   #264
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I bet the news is that Autocon is going to be running at Mosport, and Intersport could be back by Road America!
Old 12 Jul 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2925784)   #265
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I bet the news is that Autocon is going to be running at Mosport, and Intersport could be back by Road America!
I get the feeling its something slightly more exciting. I hope so anyway.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 21:34 (Ref:2925792)   #266
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe that is the 2012 design... thaths my bet...
Old 12 Jul 2011, 23:52 (Ref:2925829)   #267
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Working with a manufacturer on a LMP Project?

Maybe it could be something to do with their "technology" car.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2925832)   #268
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Working with a manufacturer on a LMP Project?

Maybe it could be something to do with their "technology" car.
Dagys says it is not a situation about a new manufacturer coming in. As for what it is, I guess we'll find out soon enough. Dagys says it is pretty exciting. We'll see!
Old 13 Jul 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2926013)   #269
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.draysonracingtechnologies...ollaboration-7
Old 13 Jul 2011, 15:10 (Ref:2926090)   #270
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Yup, the big announcement is the Drayson/Lola project, for the new FIA all electric prototype series. I know, exciting isn't it?
Old 13 Jul 2011, 16:48 (Ref:2926121)   #271
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
endurancesport tweeted:

https://twitter.com/endurancesport/s...78042457735170

and:

https://twitter.com/endurancesport/s...76536119590913

Anybody know if the two are related or wich engines/teams they are talking about?
Old 13 Jul 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2926122)   #272
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Privateer 908's and R18's?
Old 13 Jul 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2926133)   #273
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not according to John Dagys, he mentions on twitter that Peugeot won't be offering there cars to customers.

So it could be Audi, but to who?
Old 13 Jul 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2926135)   #274
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Champion? (if they exist in some form)
Penske?....
Old 13 Jul 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2926138)   #275
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Privateer 908's and R18's?
Could it be engines only?