Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 22 Jul 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3753510)   #61
Matt K
Rookie

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's true but the fact that Oschersleben is not in the German premier series' calendar is quite difficult to understand.
Apart from that I would love to see, let's say, 12- round DTM calendar with more overseas races.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3753579)   #62
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't written here for ages, but today, as there're DTM races near me, it's a chance to describe my thoughts.
10 years ago I was still amazed by DTM and actually found this forum because of interesting conversations going on here. But today it's obvious that DTM bosses have gone very far in a wrong direction. Those rumours about a spec 2l engine - it's just "insane". TCR you say? It's going to be 2l "Supertourisme" - as they already have scaled bodyworks. I don't say that I'm full with autosport and totally lost any interest with all that standardisation going on, with BoP, with championships ruled by merchandise and advertising departments rather then pure petrolheads. And one of the most straight examples is DTM. Tons of pathos and a thin layer of sport under it mixed with overdose of command tactics.
As for Moscow round - I haven't gone there, even if it going to be the last Russian round (visitors' numbers are too small and organisers do not have any profit, but large spends for the rights to host the event). The schedule is nothing but strange - they have only DTM and, ironically, 2l Mitjets only. As for the destinations - it's OK, I'm ready to spend 5 hours in two trains to get me from my place to Volokolamsk-Raceway. But I do not ready to waste a day of my life for a rather naive advertising masked as a racing event. In fact, if they had a race in Sochi (1400 km from me), I'd rather go there. But as a travelling adventure. Not for racing at all.
Old Yesterday, 11:04 (Ref:3753728)   #63
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLast2LiftOff should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Halloa Helgi. Welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
I haven't written here for ages, but today, as there're DTM races near me, it's a chance to describe my thoughts.
10 years ago I was still amazed by DTM and actually found this forum because of interesting conversations going on here. But today it's obvious that DTM bosses have gone very far in a wrong direction. Those rumours about a spec 2l engine - it's just "insane". TCR you say? It's going to be 2l "Supertourisme" - as they already have scaled bodyworks. I don't say that I'm full with autosport and totally lost any interest with all that standardisation going on, with BoP, with championships ruled by merchandise and advertising departments rather then pure petrolheads. And one of the most straight examples is DTM. Tons of pathos and a thin layer of sport under it mixed with overdose of command tactics.
As for Moscow round - I haven't gone there, even if it going to be the last Russian round (visitors' numbers are too small and organisers do not have any profit, but large spends for the rights to host the event). The schedule is nothing but strange - they have only DTM and, ironically, 2l Mitjets only. As for the destinations - it's OK, I'm ready to spend 5 hours in two trains to get me from my place to Volokolamsk-Raceway. But I do not ready to waste a day of my life for a rather naive advertising masked as a racing event. In fact, if they had a race in Sochi (1400 km from me), I'd rather go there. But as a travelling adventure. Not for racing at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtube View Post
The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sorry about that.
Meh, now I don't wanna watch it anyhow.
Old Yesterday, 15:28 (Ref:3753774)   #64
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post

Meh, now I don't wanna watch it anyhow.
Wow, international DTM stream is not that international after all?
Old Yesterday, 21:55 (Ref:3753832)   #65
Matt K
Rookie

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have to admit that the recent round at Moscow Raceway was very exciting and thrilling. I enjoyed both races very much. What I think needs changing is the aero dependance of the cars. Changes they've made prior this season are not big enough, these cars are still too fragile and have too much wings and such things. For such a door-to-door racing, DTM should have definitely different cars. Once again - they should look up to Aussie Supercars or GT3 cars.
Old Today, 08:42 (Ref:3753903)   #66
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet another enjoyable DTM race at the weekend, race 2 was a cracker. Of all the times in life to get into the DTM, ironically it's now. I'm finding the racing close and the strategy interesting. In the times when the forum consensus seems to be 'TCR 4 Life', I think we'll all miss these bespoke race machines.
Old Today, 08:43 (Ref:3753904)   #67
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Oschersleben or the Sachsenring, I reckon. Is Diepholz still a going concern?
My vote if for Sachsenring, please.