Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Apr 2023, 11:19 (Ref:4150868)   #3076
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
https://www.intensemans.fr/2023/04/0...-les-sarthois/

After 100 years, ticketsales is still a work in progress.
I think they're pretty worried about the locals turning up expecting to buy their tickets on the gate as usual......
Old 12 Apr 2023, 08:26 (Ref:4151172)   #3077
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's now 12th April. It's extraordinary how there are no tickets at all for sale on eBay. The few isolated tickets that show up on Pistonheads are swooped upon immediately by large numbers of desperate people. Thinking back a number of months, although we knew that it was the Centenary and the rejuvenation of the top class would result in a lot more interest from fans, what has happened this year must surely be unprecedented?
Old 12 Apr 2023, 08:33 (Ref:4151175)   #3078
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indeed. It also doesn't help that the 2020 and 2021 events were not run in the usual way so there's pent up demand even without it being the Centenary or the return of certain manufacturers.

Changing topic whilst I'm here.... Does anyone know if subscribing to Discovery+ via Amazon Prime gives you the same content as subscribing direct?

(Specifically if I want to stream this weekend's WEC race (which isn't fully on the 'tv' channels))
Old 12 Apr 2023, 08:40 (Ref:4151178)   #3079
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Indeed. It also doesn't help that the 2020 and 2021 events were not run in the usual way so there's pent up demand even without it being the Centenary or the return of certain manufacturers.
Yep, coupled with the fact that now that the fears and concerns re Covid seem to be largely in the past, people feel safer mingling in larger numbers.

I don't know the answer to your question though....
Old 12 Apr 2023, 19:53 (Ref:4151267)   #3080
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
...Does anyone know if subscribing to Discovery+ via Amazon Prime gives you the same content as subscribing direct? ...
To answer my own question, it seems the only difference is that subscribing via Amazon is you can only do the monthly payment option rather than the discounted annual sub available via the Disco+ website.

(You have to sign up for the 'Entertainment & Sport' option, of course)

I have signed up ready for the weekend's race and will watch some high quality, intelligent, documentaries* whilst waiting

* - Yorkshire Auction House.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 08:36 (Ref:4151580)   #3081
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The annual threads LM meeting and LM contest in several days...
Old 15 Apr 2023, 09:09 (Ref:4151583)   #3082
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The annual threads LM meeting and LM contest in several days...
Good to her it, will certainly be there at the meet. as long as we have somewhere to store it i will be bringing some stilton
Old 15 Apr 2023, 12:00 (Ref:4151596)   #3083
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hopefully people are watching this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZswPrIvITIM

911s and 911 GT1s about to do a demo....
Old 15 Apr 2023, 12:06 (Ref:4151597)   #3084
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Porsche 911s on track including Kremer 935s.
Old 17 Apr 2023, 19:22 (Ref:4152034)   #3085
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Rumored LeMans livery

(Moved from the 'Who is Going?' thread - Ayse - fits better here).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Apr 2023 at 07:54.
Old 17 Apr 2023, 21:48 (Ref:4152050)   #3086
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A few good stats on here - not sure if on here already and only read a bit 20 pages or so

https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/p...oriques-en.pdf
Old 18 Apr 2023, 07:50 (Ref:4152068)   #3087
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
A few good stats on here - not sure if on here already and only read a bit 20 pages or so

Thanks for this. I don't think I've seen it before.
Old 18 Apr 2023, 08:45 (Ref:4152073)   #3088
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post

Yep this is interesting. Cool to see all the race dates too written like that. As someone who is getting married on June 1 2024 I was, I guess, 10% worried. But history is on my side.
Old 18 Apr 2023, 14:45 (Ref:4152109)   #3089
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Some good info there. Can't miss out on anything on there. BTW good luck with the wedding next year Simmi. I can't see them changing from the middle of June next year
Old 19 Apr 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4152207)   #3090
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yep this is interesting. Cool to see all the race dates too written like that. As someone who is getting married on June 1 2024 I was, I guess, 10% worried. But history is on my side.
Be careful with them, I have personal experience with dates cheating you
Old 19 Apr 2023, 19:00 (Ref:4152219)   #3091
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Some good info there. Can't miss out on anything on there. BTW good luck with the wedding next year Simmi. I can't see them changing from the middle of June next year
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Be careful with them, I have personal experience with dates cheating you
Haha you just F'd up buddy! In the best possible way, but still I'm sure there's a thread about it on here somewhere.
Old 19 Apr 2023, 19:10 (Ref:4152222)   #3092
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Thanks!

Haha you just F'd up buddy! In the best possible way, but still I'm sure there's a thread about it on here somewhere.
Yep, which was wrong . If you plan the same thing, add around a month to the 9 months
Old 23 Apr 2023, 16:13 (Ref:4152636)   #3093
Fatboy 18
Rookie

Fatboy 18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just in case someone needs it, disabled parking has now popped up on the ACO tickets page. And it appears to be free.
Do they count a LHD Car as Disabled?
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:28 (Ref:4152658)   #3094
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
Do they count a LHD Car as Disabled?
certainly not one with a massive v10 engine anyway
Old 9 May 2023, 15:59 (Ref:4155254)   #3095
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/moto...db7aba3&ei=119

This came up on my computer and made an interesting read, all about graham hill and henri pescarolo and the matra 1972 win
Old 17 May 2023, 08:32 (Ref:4156518)   #3096
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i know this will make a few of you jealous but as reward for taking my daughter (elaviel/Helen) kicking and screaming to le mans for almost 20 years she is taking me to "An evening with Tom Kristensen" at the savoy in london this evening. Chance to get his book signed and listen to him for 90 minutes.
Old 17 May 2023, 09:53 (Ref:4156532)   #3097
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i know this will make a few of you jealous but as reward for taking my daughter (elaviel/Helen) kicking and screaming to le mans for almost 20 years she is taking me to "An evening with Tom Kristensen" at the savoy in london this evening. Chance to get his book signed and listen to him for 90 minutes.
Wow, what fun, and what a great daughter Helen is!

Enjoy, Simon, have an amazing time!!!
Old 17 May 2023, 11:05 (Ref:4156538)   #3098
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Fantastic! Enjoy
Old 17 May 2023, 11:08 (Ref:4156540)   #3099
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Fantastic! Enjoy
Ditto.
Old 17 May 2023, 11:39 (Ref:4156544)   #3100
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
helen and paul bought me his book, Mr le mans a while bank so taking it with me to get it signed