Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Silverstone Classic
Calendar: Historic Racing
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett

28 Jul 2017 to 30 Jul 2017 08:00 to 18:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

The Biggest Classic Festival in the UK. Among many grids it will include a round of the Jaguar Challenge AND a race for HRDC Academy cars.

HMRN have also confirmed the 'RAC TT' race for Pre 63GT cars and U2TC will each have 50 minute races.

Old 2 Jul 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3748321)   #16
FMS
Rookie

FMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi is anyone in the know whether the Ligier JS11/15 is likely to be there this year?
Old 2 Jul 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3748537)   #17
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMS View Post
Hi is anyone in the know whether the Ligier JS11/15 is likely to be there this year?
There was one at the Barcelona Masters in April and two at Magny Cours this weekend in the same series. No idea if they'll be one or two at Silverstone you could contact the Masters they may know?
Old 6 Jul 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3749267)   #18
FMS
Rookie

FMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
There was one at the Barcelona Masters in April and two at Magny Cours this weekend in the same series. No idea if they'll be one or two at Silverstone you could contact the Masters they may know?
Thanks
Old 10 Jul 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3750165)   #19
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if there's already a published timetable and where to find it please? I think one of my best bloke will be there for the running in of his "Shakuarrh". Robert are going there to take pics?
Old 10 Jul 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3750216)   #20
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Does anyone know if there's already a published timetable and where to find it please? I think one of my best bloke will be there for the running in of his "Shakuarrh". Robert are going there to take pics?
Provisional qualifying and race order on the website- https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/w...n/motor-racing
Old 10 Jul 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3750220)   #21
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
Merci beaucoup Mike! My friend could seem half crazy, his project went on the last 15 years! Not many lhd semi lightweight probably…
Old 10 Jul 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3750224)   #22
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Merci beaucoup Mike! My friend could seem half crazy, his project went on the last 15 years! Not many lhd semi lightweight probably…
If your buddy is in the Jagwar race then he is up against the mighty Delta (XK) and yours truly (4.2 E Type).......
Old 10 Jul 2017, 17:52 (Ref:3750225)   #23
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
No kidding ! He's more lucky than I thought then. He's pretty much worried about this race because he never went to Silverstone and the car is brand new (unfinished ATM!). But if only pré-66 E Type are allowed can you enter a 4;2 litre?
Old 10 Jul 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3750239)   #24
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
No kidding ! He's more lucky than I thought then. He's pretty much worried about this race because he never went to Silverstone and the car is brand new (unfinished ATM!). But if only pré-66 E Type are allowed can you enter a 4;2 litre?
Tell him not to worry- we'll look after him

4.2 is pre 66 but different homologation. All steel panels, SU carbs, wire wheels etc..... Much less special stuff, in other words.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3750244)   #25
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Tell him not to worry- we'll look after him
I knew he could rely on you. He's experimented but mainly with 911's swb, good racing file.
If I understand well he will be in Grp4 GTS 11 and you in Grp3. I'll insist for him to use the toilets, not a tent in case of need .
Hope you'll meet him there he's a nice bloke, not carrying the image of some French. He is involved more or less in the same field that your SLR owner. His car is stocked in Burton on Trent if I'm right. He will discover everything, car, team and track! Car has a French registration number.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 09:46 (Ref:3750354)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
If your buddy is in the Jagwar race then he is up against the mighty Delta (XK) and yours truly (4.2 E Type).......
Just hope it rains, that XK is a bit slow.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 12:45 (Ref:3750402)   #27
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just hope it rains, that XK is a bit slow.
Just not on Friday evening if you please.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 13:58 (Ref:3750411)   #28
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Yes.

Dry would be good for the race as well- first time in the car on 'L's, always less stressful when not raining......

Dry all weekend would be best of all!
Old 16 Jul 2017, 12:53 (Ref:3751706)   #29
kartman24
Rookie

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the entry list available online yet?..............Martin
Old 16 Jul 2017, 13:02 (Ref:3751717)   #30
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
No. I suspect will be on HSCC site first, but bit far away yet for them...