Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 27 Jun 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1948294)   #1
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelsley 30th June 1st July

Just wondered if there was any news about this meeting, after all the rain is it still going ahead and are there any roads that should be avoided?
Hope it doesnt rain as like everyone else that was there on the 12-13 May we got soaked then, took days to dry out
Old 27 Jun 2007, 18:02 (Ref:1948308)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The message from the office is that the meeting is fine to run, although the car parking arrangements may need revising according to how wet the fields are. The hill itself and the approaches are clear.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1948327)   #3
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
I was at the driving school tuesday and the hill was in fine fettle.
The camp site was very damp and so were the car parks but hopefully they'll recover quite a bit. I think a bit of common sense will be needed at the meeting with regards to clothing and driving.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 06:13 (Ref:1948697)   #4
brickkicker
Veteran

Any ideas on how the river severn is? Hopefully can get across the bridge.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 07:10 (Ref:1948723)   #5
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickkicker

Which bridge?
Old 28 Jun 2007, 08:47 (Ref:1948792)   #6
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk.../Midlands.html

The more relevant river for Shelsley is the Teme.

I'm going on the Sunday for the VSCC meeting, but travelling up from Bath on Saturday. I was planning to go via Gloucester, but if the rain keeps up I might go across the Severn Bridge and up through the Forest of Dean. The trick then will be to avoid Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye .... although the Monnow and Wye seem okay so far.

Bob Marley
Old 28 Jun 2007, 16:28 (Ref:1948960)   #7
brickkicker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
Which bridge?
Stourport, they were doing some work on it last time I went over which causes a delay so hope that has gone now.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 16:45 (Ref:1948976)   #8
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Quote:
Stourport, they were doing some work on it last time I went over which causes a delay so hope that has gone now.

You are joking!!!! No the roadworks are still there on the bridge but it'll be ok in the morning if your marshalling or competing as you'll be early enough to miss the traffic.

You wait till they finish the bridge work then dig up the rest of the town to replace waterpipes!!! It's great living here ain't it.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 16:50 (Ref:1948981)   #9
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitesse
I'm going on the Sunday for the VSCC meeting, but travelling up from Bath on Saturday. I was planning to go via Gloucester, but if the rain keeps up I might go across the Severn Bridge and up through the Forest of Dean. The trick then will be to avoid Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye .... although the Monnow and Wye seem okay so far.

Good grief your going miles out of your way!!!!

What's wrong with M4-M5?
Old 28 Jun 2007, 17:33 (Ref:1949009)   #10
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
Good grief your going miles out of your way!!!!

What's wrong with M4-M5?
Nothing at all if you're in a hurry.

I'm not

And I'm staying in a B&B just south of Bromyard, so Bath-Gloucester-Ledbury-Bromyard is the logical route anyway. Especially with the possibility of further floods in Worcester

But if the Severn floods at Gloucester (unlikely but not unknown) then the Severn Bridge is the better option.

Bob Marley
Old 28 Jun 2007, 17:55 (Ref:1949029)   #11
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Oh Bromyard!! Thats if you can get there.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 21:04 (Ref:1949226)   #12
Tim Hull
Racer

Tim Hull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
River bridges in Worcester are fine. Water levels have been going down but there is a threat of further heavy rain over the weekend. In terms of getting wet, cold and muddy, I think I might return to rally marshalling.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 09:45 (Ref:1949560)   #13
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To get to Shelsley for the driving school on Tuesday, avoiding Stourport, I used Bewdley/A456/turn left at Clows Top (B4202)/left onto A443/right at Great Witley (B4203).

Bridge at Clifton on Teme (to the south of Shelsley) was closed. If we get the promised rain on Saturday I would expect the same (but open to correction from locals!)
Old 29 Jun 2007, 16:03 (Ref:1949835)   #14
brickkicker
Veteran

All is still ok, have just seen this on the shelsley website.
Quote:
Despite rumours to the contrary both of this weekends meetings at Shelsley Walsh will be running despite the earlier flooding in the area. The River Teme is now only a foot above it's usual level and the area is getting back to normal.

The competitors camping and trailer park is now situated in the Orchard and lower Main car park. Please follow the signs.

The MAC Office is being inundated with phone calls regarding this matter and unless your call is of an urgent nature please do not call.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 20:09 (Ref:1949998)   #15
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I use the M5 to junction 5 then past the Chateux and that way to SW...

Not sure if any water is liable to flood the roads that way but its usually clear.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 20:24 (Ref:1951761)   #16
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great day today. I think there was at least four or five class records broken and also very little rain and the sun made a welcome appearance.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 20:59 (Ref:1951812)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mac Hulbert only just failed to take the pre-war record - an avoidance of a squirrely on the first run left him under .4 secs short, and a monstrous wiggle between the Esses put paid to the second.

I confess (everyone knows anyway) that oldies are not my thing, but there were some spirited climbs, not to mention the best spin I've ever seen at the venue. A driveshaft failure in the middle of Crossings is not what you want, especially in an old single seater, and yet he completed the spin without touching anything. Amazing.

Thankfully the marshals weren't tested much, but still thanks for everyone who came. An excellent turn out today, but special thanks for those who were there on Saturday. Running with minimum numbers in awful weather conditions everything was completed in the usual efficient manner. I was stopped by several competitors to pass on their thanks too, which was much appreciated.

See you all in a fortnight when hopefully the summer will have arrived.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 12:31 (Ref:1954170)   #18
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When is the next meeting ? Is it spread of the weekend ? (going on till a sunday?)
cuz I would like to pop up.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 12:47 (Ref:1954185)   #19
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Next one is a clubbie on 14/15 July, then the British Champs are back for 17/18/19 August - 60th anniversary of the British Hillclimb championship meeting.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 18:04 (Ref:1954422)   #20
brickkicker
Veteran

The weather should be ok for the next few meetings as im not back till September so far I dont think I have ever managed to have a dry day at Shelsley, but either way its always a good event