Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Notices

Old 12 Jun 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3740674)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Forza 7

Feel free to discuss the game here. I have specific question(s) below.

Release Date: Oct 3, 2017

I'm not a big gamer but here is some links that I found from quick searching:
https://www.theverge.com/games/2017/...pio-play-story
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/11-0...ything-we-know

I've drug my feet to purchase Forza 6 because of the unwillingness to update to Xbox 1 and the lack of time to game these days. Now that I've finally thought I was ready to purchase 6, 7 is coming out. Should I wait and just get 7? I think I have the patience.

Anyone got specifics on the tracks / cars?

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 12 Jun 2017 at 20:58.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3740683)   #2
Richard Casto
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!
I used to be a Forza diehard, but have been distracted by other stuff around the time Forza 6 came out. Some of that is due to Forza 6 not being what I hoped it would be. So I am probably not the best person to comment. I plan to get the Xbox One X when it comes out and will likely get Forza 7 as a launch day title anyhow just... because.

Items of concern/interest...

1. They are promising at least 30 environments and a slew of cars. They tend to dribble out content via DLC. So those may not be "day one" values. I was very disappointed with the day one content for Forza 6. My take is the general excuse (maybe accurate) in that it takes time to create all of that content. I "hope" they are generally able to port the existing Forza 6 track and maybe even car content over without having to redo it all... all over again.

2. I felt the prior attempts at environment changes (i.e. rain) was half baked (not dynamic at all such as puddles that behaved the same everywhere). Time will tell if they got it right in this version. I haven't played the other stuff much like the Horizon series (which might have more dynamic environments), so maybe that may tell you what to expect.

3. It's nice to have Porsche back as a day one marque. Question is how deep will they go in the catalog. For example I am pretty sure they only have four cars prior to 1982. So no 917? Are you serious? Sometimes they add cool cars, sometimes you are left scratching your head, sometimes you wonder why specific cars are never included even if they already license other cars from the manufacture.

4. Turn 10 Studios IMHO have a habit of screwing up Forza somehow. I think it was Forza 3 or 4, but back in the day, the earlier versions were awesome, but later on they would do stupid stuff like remove popular features, or the new feature (such as matchmaking for online) just didn't work. I used to really enjoy online play, but with recent editions it seems to just be harder and hard to somehow find lobbies full of people. Maybe things have changed since I generally walked away to play other games.

My suggestion is that unless you are already a diehard Forza fan, I would personally wait to see what the reviews say before going so far as to buy a console + game. That is unless you know you plan to buy the console anyhow. Then picking up Forza with a new 1X may not be a bad thing. Assuming $60 is not going to kill you.

Richard
Old 12 Jun 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3740689)   #3
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!
I'll be honest, Forza kinda died for me after 5. They started just using old car models and selling them as DLC. It's become the Sims of racing games. When the next game comes along you leave out cars you already made and sell them together.

I'll be honest, I'm not interested in buying a full price game, just to be sold the missing bits later. And then to add insult to injury, they'll sell me a Season Pass, which doesn't include all the content, again.

On the topic of the Forza 7 trailer....isn't this what Forza Horizons was meant to be? It seems like driving a 919 through the desert is what they're doing. The fictional track looked like every other fictional track from the last decade - long flowing corners up a silly raised road in an impossible place. It was fun...once, but now it's all fictional tracks. It's just not fun anymore on these overly extreme fictional tracks.

I own an Xbox One S. It's a great device. Forza 7 will not be joining it after the DLC micro transaction fest of Forza 6.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3740937)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, chaps!

Even Forza 5 had some paywalls to get past. I don't play those "games", either. I'm still every now and again playing, but not a lot. I "crammed" prior to my trip to Sebring, by racing everything I could around the old air field but haven't been back since.

Also, I've not even played Forza 6. Just getting away from the gaming side of things. My sons do it enough, but that's actually when I've played Forza the most in the last 2 years.

Hmmmmmm......need to buy a go kart and shove the younger, crazier one in it. Alas, he may be too old at 7
Old 18 Jun 2017, 00:11 (Ref:3743921)   #5
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The last road racing game I played was Grid 2, launched four years ago. And I played on this laptop with no dedicated graphics card. Graphics progress is impressive.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3745339)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
sounds like it was specifically designed to take advantage of the new generation console so thats a positive.

dont quote me on this, but it also sounds like the game will be a multi platform copy so if you buy it for your xbox1(or 1s) you will not need a new copy if/when you decide to upgrade to the xbox 1x...not sure if that also means that one copy will also work on PC/windows 10 though.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 06:44 (Ref:3745681)   #7
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!Akrapovic is going for a new lap record!
The Xbox One X isn't being counted as a new platform, so any games you own on the One/One S transfer over.