Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 31 May 2014, 04:16 (Ref:3413011)   #201
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and Davide Giugliano continues to crash out... Tom Sykes ride in race 1 was damn good!
Old 8 Jun 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3416849)   #202
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Melandri - 2 from 2 in Malaysia for Aprilia
Old 8 Jun 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3417010)   #203
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
a bit surprised Aprilia is not closer to the top actually
Well, they certainly had the measure of the field in Malaysia. The bikes were missiles. Superbike race 1 was somewhat uneventful after the first corner incident strung out the field but race 2 was good as was the supersport race final lap.

I do like Sylvain but why is it that, when he is leading with a small gap you always have the feeling he won't for one reason or another cross the line first?

I don't quite understand the supposed friction between Sykes and Baz. Is this the press cynically stirring up crap to shift copy again and punters consuming said crap (I give you Hamilton and Rosberg)? Surely, Tom is a confident enough rider and knows he has the measure of Loris, why not let the riding on track do the talking instead? Surely, a much classier approach?
Old 9 Jun 2014, 02:12 (Ref:3417283)   #204
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Good weekend at Sepang, flew in on Saturday morning and straight to the track. Really impressed by the Aprilia, it seemed really strong coming out of corners and the riders could really get on the power with a lot of confidence. Top end it's still the fastest as well. The Kawasaki looks to be the most rounded bike as well with a really good balance as you'd expect given what they did last year.

Here's a few pics from this weekend:

I've uploaded a few more to my gallery here
Old 9 Jun 2014, 13:11 (Ref:3417529)   #205
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I don't quite understand the supposed friction between Sykes and Baz. Is this the press cynically stirring up crap to shift copy again and punters consuming said crap (I give you Hamilton and Rosberg)? Surely, Tom is a confident enough rider and knows he has the measure of Loris, why not let the riding on track do the talking instead? Surely, a much classier approach?
When you say a crash has proved people right about your team-mate, you're making trouble for yourself. 'Classy' and 'Tom Sykes' have rarely been used together.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 19:46 (Ref:3417776)   #206
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would sugest this has ben coming for a while.

Baz was erring onthe side of stupidity at Donington, and only just got away with it.

You dont win races at the first corner, and Baz was never going win anyway.

He took out Lowes, Sykes and messed up Reas' riding with a desperate move and showed a lack of maturity that his recent results you thought would have settled.

I think he is peeved at Sykes pace and apparent status in the team, he is quick yes, but Sykes is oloder, wiser and usually quicker, so maybe leave it til later in the crae to start the motocross style moves eh.

I have no issue with Tom, he is obviously feeling a bit of pressure from Loris, and no doubt the team ahve had words, they need to.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3425089)   #207
cg7aa
Veteran

Misano.

The mean green machines took on the Italian bikes around Misano today. I will refrain from spoilers until later - assuming anyone cares!

So apparently, next year will not be full EVO rules but some sort of hybrid between the current EVO and full superbikes. I'm not sure what to make of that and who this compromise serves best but isn't the end game cost reduction; how does this supposed halfway house which allows some tuning help cuts costs and boost grids?

Interesting words from Paul Denning on the Eurosport TV coverage in the UK after race one re Laverty performance in race one.Perhaps, I'm putting two and two together to make five. See for yourself.

Finally, I don't get the Yaknich MV split. The bikes have no advertising on them and look great actually but I'm sure I saw the same pit crew in the garages so how can Yahnick not be involved? I would have thought they supplied the personnel and expertise and MV the bike but apparently MV are running everything now.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3425090)   #208
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
Here's a few pics from this weekend:
Cracking pictures from Sepang by the way, frostie. I really like the vivid colours.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3425432)   #209
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Laverty had a bone break in his foot apparently, hence maybe an off day, but I think his mind is only in one place and thats Suzuki MotoGP, maybe th deal is already done?

Yaknich I have little clue, seems MV have taken over the team.

Wuite why they dont bring in Evo straight away I dont know, seems short sighted really, it is so obviously the way to go.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3425731)   #210
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Wuite why they dont bring in Evo straight away I dont know, seems short sighted really, it is so obviously the way to go.
Agreed, don't know why they need to stuff around! Same with Moto GP, these championships shoud have just the 1 class, and it should be the cheapest option to get #'s on the grid! I reckon screw the factories, they will turn up eventually after having there little sulk that they didn't get there own way...
Old 7 Jul 2014, 20:01 (Ref:3431530)   #211
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Agreed, don't know why they need to stuff around! Same with Moto GP, these championships shoud have just the 1 class, and it should be the cheapest option to get #'s on the grid! I reckon screw the factories, they will turn up eventually after having there little sulk that they didn't get there own way...
I love the Portimao circuit!

So anyway, it appears the reason for the 'EVO but slightly tuned' rules rather than pure EVO as we know it seems quite sound (to me at least), during the Eurosport Portimao coverage, the commentators mentioned it was to prevent a manufacturer releasing a newer better bike and having a massive advantage. Another way to look at it is to prevent homologation specials if you like, it just leads to a spending race and we all know where that leads. The smaller manufacturers won't be able to compete in the spending stakes of course if they're having to release a new bike each year to keep up.

Also, odd situation with the EBR braking system. If Bimota can run and not be classified (ok their bike isn't homologated yet), can't they allow EBR to change their brakes and run unclassified this year too?
Old 7 Jul 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3431568)   #212
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A two-year transition process seems to make sense though - ensures that work the factories have done doesn't go to waste, while allowing the smaller teams and new factories to run under EVO rules and have a head-start when everybody goes that way - the WFR team in the British Championship had that in 2012 having been EVO in 2011 and punched well above their weight as a result. It's not that long ago that privateer teams were challenging to win races in WSBK - Stiggy, B&G or Liberty for example.
Old 9 Jul 2014, 14:16 (Ref:3432192)   #213
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
All about electronics

I went to BSB the other wek at Snetterton. Was watching Sueprstock and every bike near was a KAwasaki, you could hear wheelie control coming out of bends!

A few years back it was BMW, with all the gadgets, then before that when Superstock was proper everyone used a GSXR1000, as it was the best bike.

You are never going to stop this process, just smacks to me they cant come up with anything sensible, Dorna are quite happy for SBK to drift away and become a European championship really.
Old 9 Jul 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3432245)   #214
cg7aa
Veteran

I think it was mentioned that the electronics will be cost-capped and that whatever system was developed by a manufacturer would be available over the counter to anyone for said cost-capped price.

In other news, Camier in for Corti at MV for Laguna.
Old 31 Jul 2014, 00:11 (Ref:3440258)   #215
cg7aa
Veteran

Suzuka 8 Hours.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2014...+8+Hours+again
Old 14 Aug 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3444226)   #216
cg7aa
Veteran

Calendar news.

South African round has been cancelled to be replaced by Qatar - with the lights turned on.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 15:45 (Ref:3448566)   #217
cg7aa
Veteran

Bimota suspended from further WSBK competition in 2014

Assuming anyone cares, the bikes looked good though.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2014...tition+in+2014
Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3448792)   #218
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
I care... And Sofuoglu is changing Kwaka teams too!
Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:27 (Ref:3448795)   #219
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Dorna have done their job very well,

Lets take rounds to tracks that pay the most up front, like Russia, Turkey, Welkom, where there is absolutely no interest. Fans will nt come, so tracks will not make money. Lets try and make money.

That is why the series is ont its arse, nothing to do with riders, teams.

It's a dead series and should just be killed off, as right now it is doing the careers of a few riders no favours.
Old 3 Sep 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3449945)   #220
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
I care... And Sofuoglu is changing Kwaka teams too!
Kenan leaving the team has been on the cards for a while, the press release still states Mahi in the team name but I thought the team's issues started with Mahi withdrawing their sponsorship?

Bleak assessment, chunder.
Old 3 Sep 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3449953)   #221
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
The only, repeat only reason Sykes, Rea etc ar there is because they can earn more there than in MotoGP.

Guys like Petrucci, Camier, Aoyama, Laverty, Parkes are all WSB level riders who are slower, less capable than the above few with perhaps Guinters, Melandri.

The only reason theya re in WSB is too earn more money and possibly win races, Eugene has spent the whole year scouting around for next year instead of concentrating on this year, as has Alex Lowes who has just spent the whole year falling off.

The only real causes for optimism for me are the emergance of Baz, vd Mark and the MV Agusta's pace.

There really is nothing else in that series of note, other than a few teams going about their business in a championship that will only go to tracks that pay for the privilege, not to tracks where they might expand their interest.

Anyone that even considers racing in Russia, Turkey or places like Qatar is only doing it for money, no other reason

It's why GP has gone to Wales, is shown on BT Sport and why SBK is being run into the ground
Old 7 Sep 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3451119)   #222
cg7aa
Veteran

Fantastic supersport race from Jerez today, well worth seeing, if you can.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3451137)   #223
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Fantastic supersport race from Jerez today, well worth seeing, if you can.
+1 https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/...1497--spt.html
Old 8 Sep 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3451232)   #224
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
I was over at the race this weekend, second of the season for me in WSBK, and it was definitely interesting compared to a MotoGP weekend! Very different with the more relaxed nature of the SBK paddock but there was no people, as you'll see in a few of the pictures...

Old 9 Sep 2014, 09:47 (Ref:3451435)   #225
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Probably didn't help that there was a CEV round on aswell...

Why don't SBK go to Brands Hatch anymore?